Krawler IRL deck

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Krawler IRL deck

Post #1 by Lil Oldman » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:39 pm

So, this is my Krawler list I play on locals. Any feedback on how to improve this list?
https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=10560757
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #2 by troglyte » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:18 pm

Local Krawler enthusiast here!

Not sure what your budget or building preferences are, but the best upgrade I can think of is the Girsu/Lib combo.

Also, turns out Nibiru works great with flip monster decks since he only tributes face up monsters.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #3 by Lil Oldman » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:45 pm

I've seen the combo to Turbo out Deus, but I am not extremely flexible regarding the budget. I may consider Rocky since I could splash it into other lists. Thanks.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:50 am

I saved a screenshot of the deck in case you end up editing the deck later on. https://imgur.com/zqZjgZ7

I don't have much experience with Krawlers so I can't give much helpful feedback, but I can strongly recommend 7 changes.

I would run, at most, 1 World Armor. It looks too slow and bricky to be worth running at even 2.

Crusadia Krawler also seems too slow to be worth it. I'm not even sure if you're going to be wanting to link summon the Krawler link monsters anyway since those link monsters are awful except for maybe that one whose arrows point down-left and down-right. Since you're already running World Legacy Pawns to help trigger flip effects in the opponent's turn, Junk Sleep may be able to help with that as well since copies of Junk Sleep might as well be extra copies of Pawns.

Your deck runs quite a few World Legacy cards, so Lib the World Key Blademaster may be worth considering, and would be better than Number 96: Dark Mist and Onibimaru Soul Sweeper. All copies of those 2 xyz monsters should be taken out for better link monsters like the aforementioned Lib, as well as other decent link monsters like Knightmare Unicorn, Subterror Behemoth Fiendess, Accesscode Talker, and so on.

I'm not a fan of Solemn Strike at all. I'd replace that with an extra copy of Solemn Judgment. Solemn Judgment can always be used no matter how much life points you have, whereas Solemn Strike requires you to have a minimum of 1500 life points to use and becomes useless once your life points drop to 1500 or less. Solemn Judgment also works against all 3 of the current card types in Yu-Gi-Oh — monsters, spells, and traps, whereas Solemn Strike works only on monsters. If you're looking for spells/traps to stop specifically monster effects, there are better options, such as Dark Ruler No More, Forbidden Droplet, Infinite Impermanence, and Called by the Grave.

Replace 1 of the Ash Blossoms with another hand trap if you're going to be running hand traps. You don't want to open up with 2 Ash Blossoms since Ash Blossom is hard once per turn so you'll only be able to activate 1 of them while the other remains a dead card. You'd rather have all your hand traps be useable should you open up with all of them.

Never ever run multiple copies of the same card that have different artworks from each other. If you're gonna run 2 Ash Blossom, they should either both have the original artwork, or both have the alternate artwork, but don't let 1 of them have the original artwork while the other has the alternate. Running multiple copies of the same card with different artworks will give away more information to opponents than necessary, putting you at a disadvantage for no reason. If the opponent sees you play the Ash Blossom with the original artwork, and then that card later gets bounced back to the hand or returned to the deck, and later the opponent sees you play the Ash Blossom with the alternate artwork, they now know you're running exactly 2 different Ash Blossoms. However, if both your Ash Blossoms have the same artwork, you play one, and it later gets bounced back to the hand or put back in the deck, and later you play the other one, the opponent then won't be able to tell if that's the same Ash Blossom as before or a different copy, and you'll no longer be giving away information for free unnecessarily.

Since Krawlers seem to focus on setting and flip summoning, rather than normal/special summoning, running the Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon package may be a viable option, as while Red-Eyes Fusion has the downside of taking away your normal/special summon(s) the turn you use it, that shouldn't matter in decks that focus on setting monsters, flipping, and flip summoning, such as Subterrors and Krawlers.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #5 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:08 am

Christen57 wrote:I saved a screenshot of the deck in case you end up editing the deck later on. https://imgur.com/zqZjgZ7

I don't have much experience with Krawlers so I can't give much helpful feedback, but I can strongly recommend 7 changes.

I would run, at most, 1 World Armor. It looks too slow and bricky to be worth running at even 2.

Crusadia Krawler also seems too slow to be worth it. I'm not even sure if you're going to be wanting to link summon the Krawler link monsters anyway since those link monsters are awful except for maybe that one whose arrows point down-left and down-right. Since you're already running World Legacy Pawns to help trigger flip effects in the opponent's turn, Junk Sleep may be able to help with that as well since copies of Junk Sleep might as well be extra copies of Pawns.

Your deck runs quite a few World Legacy cards, so Lib the World Key Blademaster may be worth considering, and would be better than Number 96: Dark Mist and Onibimaru Soul Sweeper. All copies of those 2 xyz monsters should be taken out for better link monsters like the aforementioned Lib, as well as other decent link monsters like Knightmare Unicorn, Subterror Behemoth Fiendess, Accesscode Talker, and so on.

I'm not a fan of Solemn Strike at all. I'd replace that with an extra copy of Solemn Judgment. Solemn Judgment can always be used no matter how much life points you have, whereas Solemn Strike requires you to have a minimum of 1500 life points to use and becomes useless once your life points drop to 1500 or less. Solemn Judgment also works against all 3 of the current card types in Yu-Gi-Oh — monsters, spells, and traps, whereas Solemn Strike works only on monsters. If you're looking for spells/traps to stop specifically monster effects, there are better options, such as Dark Ruler No More, Forbidden Droplet, Infinite Impermanence, and Called by the Grave.

Replace 1 of the Ash Blossoms with another hand trap if you're going to be running hand traps. You don't want to open up with 2 Ash Blossoms since Ash Blossom is hard once per turn so you'll only be able to activate 1 of them while the other remains a dead card. You'd rather have all your hand traps be useable should you open up with all of them.

Never ever run multiple copies of the same card that have different artworks from each other. If you're gonna run 2 Ash Blossom, they should either both have the original artwork, or both have the alternate artwork, but don't let 1 of them have the original artwork while the other has the alternate. Running multiple copies of the same card with different artworks will give away more information to opponents than necessary, putting you at a disadvantage for no reason. If the opponent sees you play the Ash Blossom with the original artwork, and then that card later gets bounced back to the hand or returned to the deck, and later the opponent sees you play the Ash Blossom with the alternate artwork, they now know you're running exactly 2 different Ash Blossoms. However, if both your Ash Blossoms have the same artwork, you play one, and it later gets bounced back to the hand or put back in the deck, and later you play the other one, the opponent then won't be able to tell if that's the same Ash Blossom as before or a different copy, and you'll no longer be giving away information for free unnecessarily.

Since Krawlers seem to focus on setting and flip summoning, rather than normal/special summoning, running the Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon package may be a viable option, as while Red-Eyes Fusion has the downside of taking away your normal/special summon(s) the turn you use it, that shouldn't matter in decks that focus on setting monsters, flipping, and flip summoning, such as Subterrors and Krawlers.

So Krawlers are by nature slow, so cards like World Armor and Crusadia Krawler aren't as damaging to consistency as you may think. Krawlers when not focusing on Turboing out Deus Ex via Girsu into Lib just do an SBP (Set - Backrow - Pass) turn 1.
While yes, only the Link monster that points down is good, playing the other 2 Krawler links has its bemefits.
Junk Sleep although similar, isnt precisely more copies of Pawns. The main difference being that I don't control when to flip the monsters, and the position, since I'd rather place them in defense face-up instead of attack position. That's the reason I decided to run Ghostrick Scare instead, although it is single use, I can have more control over the situation regarding my flips.
I've considered running Lib and Girsu for the combo potential they have, however I don't currently have the money for those kinds of cards. Same issue for Unicorn, Accesscode and Dragoon. Behemoth Fiendess I just havent found a copy to buy. Currently Onibimaru and Cursed Javelin are my budget options for non destruction removal and Number 96 is my option for Chaos MAX-like cards.
Im not a fan of strike either, but I don't have a 3rd judgement, but I will consider replacing strike.
Changing up Ash Blossom might be a good idea, but at the same time, since Krawlers require a couple of turns in order to start their grind game, I am not sure of how big of a drawback playing 2 Ash is. I haven't had any issues on top decking my 2 Ash yet.
Ah, the artwork issue is, funny. I got my ash's from 2 different sets, 1 frpm Shadows of Valhalla and 1 from Duel Devastator, so that's how I have them IRL.
Thanks for your input. I very much appreciate it.

Return to “Deck Discussions”