They rage quit to one of my most simple trap cards

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

They rage quit to one of my most simple trap cards

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:07 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-13498590

To me that means they were running a deck that used effects upon summons. My Kitchi's Stare is made to prevent Effects upon summon (mostly due to cards having effects that SS upon its Normal Summon)

Do you know how bad ur deck has to be to rage quit to a simple continuous trap card that says:

Cannot be destroyed while you control any "Kitchi" monster card.

Monsters your opponent's summons cannot attack, or activate/resolve their effect(s) during the turn in which they are summoned.

WOW DUDE! ur deck must suck if that makes you rage quit the instant its activated.

EDIT: Talk about being lazy too: had no imagry on their cards.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

yumafan30

Post #2 by yumafan30 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:24 pm

"Simple trap card": Restricting just your opponent, relies on nothing and has extra protection.

Basically, a Trap version of Secret Sanctuary of the Spellcasters with the mentioned protection, but with no drawbacks or even a maintenance cost. This gives a bad reputation for custom cards by either allowing people with no insight create cards like that or making people having to create more and more OP cards to validly be able to face those.

Considering, of course, that they won't resort to removal effects that would make you rage quit, as you're quite famous for that.

Debt

Post #3 by Debt » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:56 pm

You rage quit to mst. You're not in a position to talk.

RandomPG

Post #4 by RandomPG » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:45 am

Debt wrote:You rage quit to mst. You're not in a position to talk.

He rage quits to Frostosaurus of all things.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #5 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:28 am

op plz nerf
b

Debt

Post #6 by Debt » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:37 am

100 more atk than summoned skull is too op. But cards that literally make you unable to lose the duel are perfectly balanced.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:21 pm

MST is an overused piece of crap! Anyone who uses MST sucks!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Kappa Mikey

Post #8 by Kappa Mikey » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:05 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

Although better alternatives exist, like Twin Twisters, the premise of being overused doesn't validate that arbitrary conclusion. Care to provide a better reasoning?

NiwatoriFTW

Post #9 by NiwatoriFTW » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:22 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

That's an interesting perspective. Specially because of an earlier post you've made (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6948):

CrystalMusic wrote:Me: * Is playing Exodia*

Opponent: *is playing whatever*

Opponent: *Sees im playing Exodia* "Exodia is for bad duelists. Exodia is a 'bad' deck."

*Skip forward a few turns*

Me: *Has acquired Exodia, Reveals Exodia in hand and wins duel due to Victory Condition*

Opponent: Only bad duelists play Exodia! Exodia is a bad deck."

Me: If playing Exodia makes me a 'bad' duelist, What does that make you? Since you just lost to this 'bad' duelist and his 'bad' deck?

So, if anyone who plays MST sucks, then what does that make you, considering that you refuse to face them and rage quit just from seeing said card? If they suck just for using MST, it should be an easy duel, with your victory contributing as proof of that.

Either way, that's a loss for you and a win for your opponent. I wonder how deliberately losing a game and not argue to defend your point of view became a better option for you than risking being wrong about something and having to reevaluate your concepts if so.

Debt

Post #10 by Debt » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:06 am

CrystalMusic wrote:MST is an overused piece of crap! Anyone who uses MST sucks!

Being unable to play against mst makes you suck. Mst is one of the most well designed cards in this game. Good players use everything and anything in their arsenal, as long as it's legal and ethical, to win games. Mst has been included in most competitive decks until 2014 including ycs top 8s and world champions. What mental gymnastics will you even whip out to justify saying these players are bad and that you're better than them?

Runzy
Mood:

Post #11 by Runzy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:50 am

This is why I don't play customs and if I do it's with people I know. Imagine making a card that's so ridiculous and then trying to roast the person you dueled.
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #12 by LightCaster » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:16 am

How many times must we teach you this lesson old man? YOUR CARDS ARE THE MOST IMBALANCE THING TO GRACE CUSTOM CARDS

jwillie4eva
Mood:

Post #13 by jwillie4eva » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:57 am

Serious question is, why does anyone even bother interacting with this guy?
Proud creator of the Rabid Archetype. If you want to play them, they're available in the Custom Cards database. Have fun.

Current Deck IRL: Rokkets Budget Build

Current Deck DB: Some kind of Cyberse Deck that doesn't involve Salad

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #14 by Ir0n » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:08 am

So I take it you made multiple archetypes with essentially the same card/effect:
"Monsters your opponent's summons cannot attack, or activate/resolve their effect(s) during the turn in which they are summoned."

If all you want to do with that trap is stop on summon effects like stratos, word it like this:
"When a Monster is Summoned monster effects cannot be activated." This makes it balanced, as it affects you as well and it allows for regular ignition effects to still be used on both sides of the field.
The way you worded it, you are basically forcing your opponent to use a board wipe like Raigeki PLUS MST, which I know you're not a fan of, but what other choice do they have? Even Normal Monsters that they would tribute summon couldn't attack on that turn, while everything you want to do is still possible. I'd love to know how this would have turned out if the other guy had just dropped a Jinzo or smth ^^

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #15 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Ir0n wrote:So I take it you made multiple archetypes with essentially the same card/effect:
"Monsters your opponent's summons cannot attack, or activate/resolve their effect(s) during the turn in which they are summoned."

If all you want to do with that trap is stop on summon effects like stratos, word it like this:
"When a Monster is Summoned monster effects cannot be activated." This makes it balanced, as it affects you as well and it allows for regular ignition effects to still be used on both sides of the field.
The way you worded it, you are basically forcing your opponent to use a board wipe like Raigeki PLUS MST, which I know you're not a fan of, but what other choice do they have? Even Normal Monsters that they would tribute summon couldn't attack on that turn, while everything you want to do is still possible. I'd love to know how this would have turned out if the other guy had just dropped a Jinzo or smth ^^

as i stated in a recent post im changing it to just forbid any effects that allow an additional free summon such as: When this card is summoned you can special summon a "Name of card or archetpye" monster from your hand or deck.

If the card had effects like these (listed below) then i wouldnt have need for the anti spam summon trap cards i make:
"You cannot summon other monsters the turn you activate and resolve this effect except (Specific-type) monsters."
"When this card is summoned you can pay 500 LP: Special summon one level 4 or lower (Specific-type) monster from your hand. You cannot summon other monsters the turn you activate and resolve this effect except (Specific-type) monsters.

2 of my cards in one of my decks have these very effects. They are also the only 2 cards in that deck that can SS upon its normal summon.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #16 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:32 pm

ok fine hows this for an anti spam summon card:
Your opponent cannot Special Summon during the same turn they have Normal Summoned a monster(s). Your opponent cannot Normal Summon during the same turn they have Special Summoned a monster(s).

Slitina

Post #17 by Slitina » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:47 pm

Again it's all one sided.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #18 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:54 pm

Slitina wrote:Again it's all one sided.

Again dont care if its one sided. MOST traps are!!! go look at konamis trap cards and tell me just how many of them are ONE-SIDED! traps are called traps because they are made to effect the opponent! not its controller!

DuskWill

Post #19 by DuskWill » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:57 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:ok fine hows this for an anti spam summon card:
Your opponent cannot Special Summon during the same turn they have Normal Summoned a monster(s). Your opponent cannot Normal Summon during the same turn they have Special Summoned a monster(s).

Why making a one-sided, free of requirements version of Quiet Life, though?

CrystalMusic wrote:
Slitina wrote:Again it's all one sided.

Again dont care if its one sided. MOST traps are!!! go look at konamis trap cards and tell me just how many of them are ONE-SIDED! traps are called traps because they are made to effect the opponent! not its controller!

One-sided traps are not continuous without having some sort of draw backs. For normal and counter traps, the change in card advantage is the drawback itself and that doesn't happen with continuous ones.

Also... Call of the Haunted, Rainbow Life, Metaverse, their effects involves only the user, not the opponent.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #20 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:02 pm

For 1: 99% of my custom cards dont spam summon, the only ONE archetype i made that does spam summon is my paladin cards (as i like to call them: Paladins of the Elements)

for 2: you may have forgotten, im an oldschool styled duelist. back when there was a time that not every card had a cost!

Return to “Spam Paradise”