AbsZe99 | | #1 | Tue Jun 4, 2024 12:07 PM | | Delete | Hi all, this is the first post I make on this forum, idk if i'm doing it right, hope so. I have a classic BW Edison format, nothing strange in it, classic list. Some days ago, at my local, a friend of mine played a Distaster Dragon deck, and I lost almost every game. I was wondering what side can be useful in this match up. |
|
Renji Asuka | | #2 | Tue Jun 4, 2024 5:13 PM | | Delete | Dragon Capture Jar!
Jokes aside Prohibition can help stop REDMD and a lot of other things. |
|
greg503 | | #3 | Tue Jun 4, 2024 5:18 PM | | Delete | If the Spell/Traps are winning them the game, run more backrow removal, as for the monsters, Macro Cosmos, Necrovalley and similar anti-graveyard effects can stop them from using the grave for Masked/Totem Dragon, putting dragons there with Future Fusion, and stop Darkness Metal from recurring them |
|
james123 | | #4 | Wed Jun 5, 2024 9:47 AM | | Delete | I need context behind Disaster Dragon |
|
greg503 | | #5 | Wed Jun 5, 2024 9:31 PM | | Delete | I need context behind Disaster Dragon [url:26ybn1rt]https://ygoprodeck.com/deck/edison-format-april-2010-james-arc-dragons-222116[/url:26ybn1rt] It's basically a Dragon beatdown deck that also uses Koaki Meiru Drago as a floodgate, alongside other staples of the format. |
|
james123 | | #6 | Thu Jun 6, 2024 10:16 AM | | Delete | I need context behind Disaster Dragon [url:2rrbbz2a]https://ygoprodeck.com/deck/edison-format-april-2010-james-arc-dragons-222116[/url:2rrbbz2a] It's basically a Dragon beatdown deck that also uses Koaki Meiru Drago as a floodgate, alongside other staples of the format.
Now I get it |
|
bikinififth | | #7 | Thu Jan 15, 2026 1:22 AM | | Delete | Welcome! For Disaster Dragon, side cards like Kycoo, D.D. Crow, Light-Imprisoning Mirror, and extra backrow removal https://geometrydashgame2.io can really help swing the matchup. |
|
MaxRebuilt | | #8 | Tue Oct 6, 2026 11:07 AM | | Delete | my take from the Blackwing side, and I play this format.
the two cards beating you aren't the dragons, they're Future Fusion and Drago.
Drago (Koaki Meiru Drago) locks LIGHT and DARK special summons, so while it's up you can't special any of your own Blackwings, they're all DARK. don't race it, kill it. Icarus Attack is the clean in-format answer, tribute a BW and hit Drago plus a backrow. Book of Moon also flips it down for the turn.
the engine is the dump: Future Fusion loads the grave, then REDMD revives. D.D. Crow is your best card in this matchup. hold it, and snipe the REDMD target as the effect goes off, not on sight.
one warning on the obvious advice: Macro Cosmos / Dimensional Fissure do hurt them, but they also turn off your own Vayu. Vayu's whole job is synchro-summoning out of the grave. If you're on Vayu Turbo, D-Fissure blanks half your own deck. If you're not on Vayu, then slam Macro, it's great here.
Prohibition naming Future Fusion is a real tempo hit too.
what's your exact list? Vayu Turbo and a pure Sirocco/Kalut build need a completely different side plan.
|
|