Just for Fun

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Just for Fun

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:23 am

Scenario: You get trapped in a single player only video game of your choice but have no lives remaining in which to beat the game and you cannot earn any extra lives. The only way you can escape that video game is by beating the game, where the staff/credit rolls appear after beating the game, without losing your last life. You have an unlimited amount of time in which to beat the game (no cheat codes, console commands, mods, etc - basically, no cheating of any kind - you must pick a game where losing a life is likely to happen - i included this as a safeguard in case one picks a game where you can never lose a life due to the mechanics of the game)

What game do you pick? And what is your strategy?
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #2 by Debt » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:28 am

Morrowind. Alchemy abuse to infinite stats and steamroll the game.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:34 am

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time. I have never had a game over in this game throughout my 22 years that i have played this game. My strategy? simple: focus on getting as many hearts as possible and get all 4 bottles for fairies. the fairies revive me if i lose all my hearts and is therefore not considered an extra life but a reviver. with 20 hearts and 4 fairies im all set.

My true strategy in chronological order is simple: 1: always make sure to have full life, 2: collect as many piece of heart as i can to get as much life energy as possible, 3: get as many bottles as possible to carry fairies in so i can revive myself up to 4 times, 4: after getting the master sword: get epona, 5: after getting epona go get the big-gorons sword as its twice as powerful (not to mention has longer reach) than the master sword, 6: play out the game and win!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

DuskWill

Post #4 by DuskWill » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:36 am

Undertale, going true pacifist.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:58 am

Persona 5 w/ Izanagi-no-Okami
Buy Floowandereeze

KTeknis

Post #6 by KTeknis » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:20 am

Fire Emblem 8. Pick Eirika's Route during the route split and abuse Seth's usefullness.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #7 by Lil Oldman » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:22 am

Touhou Imperishable night: by far the easiest touhou which I am able to do no death runs.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Renji Asuka

Post #8 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:32 am

Skyrim on Legendary Difficulty.

Level up Sneak, become an assassin, use Soul Trap on dead body to level Conjuration, Join the Dark Brotherhood for the free gear for 30x Sneak Attacks to 1 shot everything. Get Dead Thrall and Twin Souls perk. Reanimate Orchendor & that one NPC that spawns an enemy on death.

Then proceed to beat the game after building up enchanting + Alchemy to create a dagger that can do over 1 million damage with the enchants of Chaos Damage & Absorb Health. Then repeat the process with Fortify health into the millions for enchant.

Yay for game mechanics!
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #9 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:36 am

Renji Asuka wrote:Skyrim on Legendary Difficulty.

Level up Sneak, become an assassin, use Soul Trap on dead body to level Conjuration, Join the Dark Brotherhood for the free gear for 30x Sneak Attacks to 1 shot everything. Get Dead Thrall and Twin Souls perk. Reanimate Orchendor & that one NPC that spawns an enemy on death.

Then proceed to beat the game after building up enchanting + Alchemy to create a dagger that can do over 1 million damage with the enchants of Chaos Damage & Absorb Health. Then repeat the process with Fortify health into the millions for enchant.

Yay for game mechanics!

doenst sound like losing a life is likely due to how ur abusing the mechanics so you violated the safeguard, nice try tho

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:38 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

Yay for game mechanics!

doenst sound like losing a life is likely due to how ur abusing the mechanics so you violated the safeguard, nice try tho

Abusing Mechanics? Nah, if it was abusing mechanics (aka exploit) it would had been patched by Bethesda, but it wasn't, therefore its legal. I don't even have to go that extreme because the game on Legendary difficulty is easy as piss. Hell I can run around naked while letting my thralls do everything and not die lol

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:40 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Yay for game mechanics!

Abusing Mechanics? Nah, if it was abusing mechanics (aka exploit) it would had been patched by Bethesda, but it wasn't, therefore its legal. I don't even have to go that extreme because the game on Legendary difficulty is easy as piss. Hell I can run around naked while letting my thralls do everything and not die lol

bethesda doesnt patch many exploits, if they did i wouldnt be able to have my heavy armor, restoration, block, and light armor at 100 before finishing the quest "Bleak Falls Barrow" im a skyrim veteran when it comes to skill leveling and decimating any hostile i come across.

Renji Asuka

Post #12 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:43 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

bethesda doesnt patch many exploits, if they did i wouldnt be able to have my heavy armor, restoration, block, and light armor at 100 before finishing the quest "Bleak Falls Barrow" im a skyrim veteran when it comes to skill leveling and decimating any hostile i come across.

Let me get this straight, YOU THINK its an exploit to have all those at 100 before finishing "Bleak Falls Barrow"? Am I getting this right?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #13 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:45 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Abusing Mechanics? Nah, if it was abusing mechanics (aka exploit) it would had been patched by Bethesda, but it wasn't, therefore its legal. I don't even have to go that extreme because the game on Legendary difficulty is easy as piss. Hell I can run around naked while letting my thralls do everything and not die lol

Let me get this straight, YOU THINK its an exploit to have all those at 100 before finishing "Bleak Falls Barrow"? Am I getting this right?

i didnt say that. i said i can get those skills to 100 before getting out of bleak falls barrow. all legitly too, its not to hard when you know what room to do this in and how to do it.

Renji Asuka

Post #14 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:57 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

i didnt say that. i said i can get those skills to 100 before getting out of bleak falls barrow. all legitly too, its not to hard when you know what room to do this in and how to do it.

So now you're backpedaling? Your words exactly "bethesda doesnt patch many exploits, if they did i wouldnt be able to have my heavy armor, restoration, block, and light armor at 100 before finishing the quest "Bleak Falls Barrow""

Now I don't know about anyone else, but from this statement right here you are making the claim that having those skills at 100 before doing Bleak Falls Barrow is an exploit. Especially when you try to use getting the skills to 100 as an example to your claim.

Debt

Post #15 by Debt » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:14 am

No clue why you're trying to gatekeep this. If anything you broke your own rules of no extra lives and picking a game where death must be likely to occur by picking OoT which is an insanely easy game even when playing it for the first time and went with a strategy where you get effectively get extra lives via fairies.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #16 by LightCaster » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:50 am

And here we have a post that on the surface looks like CrystalMusic wants to have an actual conversation, but if we look underneath, we'll find... unsurprisingly, gatekeeping. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #17 by Darkraiclone » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:10 am

And of course, CrystalMusic can't even have a decent conversation start without his ego getting in the way and making him gatekeep things just so he can make himself look superior.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #18 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:28 am

Darkraiclone wrote:And of course, CrystalMusic can't even have a decent conversation start without his ego getting in the way and making him gatekeep things just so he can make himself look superior.

You can probably guess that the moment he starts going rhetorical and answering his own questions, like "Why? Simple:".

ThaBlackMagician

Post #19 by ThaBlackMagician » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:08 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:Scenario: You get trapped in a single player only video game of your choice but have no lives remaining in which to beat the game and you cannot earn any extra lives. The only way you can escape that video game is by beating the game, where the staff/credit rolls appear after beating the game, without losing your last life. You have an unlimited amount of time in which to beat the game (no cheat codes, console commands, mods, etc - basically, no cheating of any kind - you must pick a game where losing a life is likely to happen - i included this as a safeguard in case one picks a game where you can never lose a life due to the mechanics of the game)

So I can't pick Minecraft?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #20 by Lil Oldman » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:53 pm

ThaBlackMagician wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:Scenario: You get trapped in a single player only video game of your choice but have no lives remaining in which to beat the game and you cannot earn any extra lives. The only way you can escape that video game is by beating the game, where the staff/credit rolls appear after beating the game, without losing your last life. You have an unlimited amount of time in which to beat the game (no cheat codes, console commands, mods, etc - basically, no cheating of any kind - you must pick a game where losing a life is likely to happen - i included this as a safeguard in case one picks a game where you can never lose a life due to the mechanics of the game)

So I can't pick Minecraft?

You van play vanilla and you cannot play creative, everything else is fair game.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Return to “Spam Paradise”