Dueling Ethics 101: No Response

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Sound4
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Reputation: 2

Re: Dueling Ethics 101: No Response

Post #141 by Sound4 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:18 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:And your opinion on the matter is completely irrelevant. You are in the wrong. Take the L.

Yet I provided links to support my claims yet you refused to and couldn't.

And your links and claims doesn't support what you're stating. Again, already debunked and you refuse to let it go. Take the L.

I replied to all of your posts which I explained my reasoning in each one of them.

Renji Asuka
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 159

Post #142 by Renji Asuka » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:30 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Yet I provided links to support my claims yet you refused to and couldn't.

And your links and claims doesn't support what you're stating. Again, already debunked and you refuse to let it go. Take the L.

I replied to all of your posts which I explained my reasoning in each one of them.

No, all you did was refuse to back down even though you're wrong. You're wrong on the issue and will always be wrong on the issue if you keep it up. You haven't convinced ANYONE of your non arguments.
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Reputation: 2

Post #143 by Sound4 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:16 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:And your links and claims doesn't support what you're stating. Again, already debunked and you refuse to let it go. Take the L.

I replied to all of your posts which I explained my reasoning in each one of them.

No, all you did was refuse to back down even though you're wrong. You're wrong on the issue and will always be wrong on the issue if you keep it up. You haven't convinced ANYONE of your non arguments.

I explained my reasoning in each of my posts I wasn't toxic nor was I writing in caps for no reason like you Renji Asuka.

Renji Asuka
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 159

Post #144 by Renji Asuka » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:51 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I replied to all of your posts which I explained my reasoning in each one of them.

No, all you did was refuse to back down even though you're wrong. You're wrong on the issue and will always be wrong on the issue if you keep it up. You haven't convinced ANYONE of your non arguments.

I explained my reasoning in each of my posts I wasn't toxic nor was I writing in caps for no reason like you Renji Asuka.

Actually, you are being toxic by refusing to acknowledge that the opponent has the right to respond. You are being toxic for refusing to accept you are wrong. You are being toxic by acting like you weren't "rule sharking" your opponent when you clearly were.
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Reputation: 2

Post #145 by Sound4 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:14 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:No, all you did was refuse to back down even though you're wrong. You're wrong on the issue and will always be wrong on the issue if you keep it up. You haven't convinced ANYONE of your non arguments.

I explained my reasoning in each of my posts I wasn't toxic nor was I writing in caps for no reason like you Renji Asuka.

Actually, you are being toxic by refusing to acknowledge that the opponent has the right to respond. You are being toxic for refusing to accept you are wrong. You are being toxic by acting like you weren't "rule sharking" your opponent when you clearly were.

I am actually not being toxic. The judge in the duel didn't accuse me of sharking. Calling out late responses isn't sharking simple as that which you have failed to answer once.

greg503
User avatar
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm
Reputation: 105
Location: Flundereeze

Post #146 by greg503 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:21 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I explained my reasoning in each of my posts I wasn't toxic nor was I writing in caps for no reason like you Renji Asuka.

Actually, you are being toxic by refusing to acknowledge that the opponent has the right to respond. You are being toxic for refusing to accept you are wrong. You are being toxic by acting like you weren't "rule sharking" your opponent when you clearly were.

I am actually not being toxic. The judge in the duel didn't accuse me of sharking. Calling out late responses isn't sharking simple as that which you have failed to answer once.

Then why is this thread SO LONG
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Reputation: 2

Post #147 by Sound4 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:26 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Actually, you are being toxic by refusing to acknowledge that the opponent has the right to respond. You are being toxic for refusing to accept you are wrong. You are being toxic by acting like you weren't "rule sharking" your opponent when you clearly were.

I am actually not being toxic. The judge in the duel didn't accuse me of sharking. Calling out late responses isn't sharking simple as that which you have failed to answer once.

Then why is this thread SO LONG

As you and few other people including me are debatong each others points?

greg503
User avatar
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm
Reputation: 105
Location: Flundereeze

Post #148 by greg503 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:38 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I am actually not being toxic. The judge in the duel didn't accuse me of sharking. Calling out late responses isn't sharking simple as that which you have failed to answer once.

Then why is this thread SO LONG

As you and few other people including me are debatong each others points?

No, you aren't debating, not anymore. We've run out of new things to add.
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 159

Post #149 by Renji Asuka » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:34 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I explained my reasoning in each of my posts I wasn't toxic nor was I writing in caps for no reason like you Renji Asuka.

Actually, you are being toxic by refusing to acknowledge that the opponent has the right to respond. You are being toxic for refusing to accept you are wrong. You are being toxic by acting like you weren't "rule sharking" your opponent when you clearly were.

I am actually not being toxic. The judge in the duel didn't accuse me of sharking. Calling out late responses isn't sharking simple as that which you have failed to answer once.

Again, you are being toxic. I already explained and you're proving my point already that you are in fact toxic. Take the L.
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Reputation: 2

Post #150 by Sound4 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:42 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Actually, you are being toxic by refusing to acknowledge that the opponent has the right to respond. You are being toxic for refusing to accept you are wrong. You are being toxic by acting like you weren't "rule sharking" your opponent when you clearly were.

I am actually not being toxic. The judge in the duel didn't accuse me of sharking. Calling out late responses isn't sharking simple as that which you have failed to answer once.

Again, you are being toxic. I already explained and you're proving my point already that you are in fact toxic. Take the L.

Explain

Sound4
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Reputation: 2

Post #151 by Sound4 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:43 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Then why is this thread SO LONG

As you and few other people including me are debatong each others points?

No, you aren't debating, not anymore. We've run out of new things to add.

It depends

Renji Asuka
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 159

Post #152 by Renji Asuka » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:22 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I am actually not being toxic. The judge in the duel didn't accuse me of sharking. Calling out late responses isn't sharking simple as that which you have failed to answer once.

Again, you are being toxic. I already explained and you're proving my point already that you are in fact toxic. Take the L.

Explain

Read my post.
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Jedx_EX
User avatar
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:18 pm
Reputation: 6
Location: Earth
Mood:

Post #153 by Jedx_EX » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:49 pm

This is one of the most basic forms of ethics that the majority of people should agree on. In a game like this, there are always someone that disagrees, so just ignore them.

greg503
User avatar
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm
Reputation: 105
Location: Flundereeze

Post #154 by greg503 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:07 am

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:As you and few other people including me are debatong each others points?

No, you aren't debating, not anymore. We've run out of new things to add.

It depends

Then say something new
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Reputation: 2

Post #155 by Sound4 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:04 pm

Jedx_EX wrote:This is one of the most basic forms of ethics that the majority of people should agree on. In a game like this, there are always someone that disagrees, so just ignore them.

What do you mean?

TheRoyalAu
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:50 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: Mount Gambier, Australia
Mood:
Contact:

Post #156 by TheRoyalAu » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:35 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
BoomerDuels wrote:
troglyte wrote:
Valid reasons could be a number of things.
1. Maybe something happened irl and they needed to look away for a second
2. Maybe they are in fact reading or thinking, and forgot to type it.
3. Yes, slow connection is a thing. It happens to the best of us. I for one very much appreciate the DC timer that was added.

The best thing you could possibly do is clear the fog. Establish clear ground rules for responses and communication. This could be as simple as saying "I'll let you know if I have a response" or just clicking the Thumbs Up button whenever your opponent makes a play.

I personally disagree with the "Not my problem" argument. It's a 2-player game, and if one person is not able or refusing to communicate, it is, in fact, both players' problem, and needs to be addressed immediately. The way DB is designed, it's up to the players to establish a certain level of trust between them, much like in real life.


Both the first 2 are not valid reasons
In both the situations - The opponent should be the one showing basic courtesy to me by taking 2 seconds to type "Hollup" or "Read" or :Think" in chat

If they do not - It is my right to do a play
And if 1 player has an issue with, or example, the internet - That is not my fault. It is entirely their responsibility to make sure they have a stable internet connection. If they do not - It is not my problem and it is definitely my right to continue playing

You do not have a right to play, your opponent has a right to respond to your plays. Because of this, you DO NOT make a play until given the okay to do so. You can and will likely get a game loss otherwise.

Call judge, let them deal with it.


Muh dood, the thing is, most of the time I am on, I do not see that many if not a single Judge online, but I get your point here.
RC-1 and DC-1 Approved (04/22/2021).
Official Konami Judge (05/17/2021).

TheRoyalAu
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:50 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: Mount Gambier, Australia
Mood:
Contact:

Post #157 by TheRoyalAu » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:30 am

troglyte wrote:
troglyte wrote:
Sound4 wrote:What do you mean I admitted to? It is a logical conclusion. For example, if the climate gets drier then the logical conclusion is that even more drought will occur. This is what I am talking about logical conclusions.


If you read my posts, you would have noticed that I used the exact. SAME. LOGIC. that you're using. I waited an entire day for your reply, so it's a logical conclusion that you have no argument in response, so if you say anything now, the only logical conclusion is that you're lying, there's no other possible explanation. This is the exact same reasoning you're using to justify you're argument, and you said it was illogical. You're a hypocrite, you're not willing to apply your own "logic" against yourself because it doesn't benefit you. Read your own posts, Ingeniero, you played yourself.
troglyte wrote:Well, if silence really is consent, then the fact that Boomer hasn't responded to my explanation for why assumptions are bad must mean he agrees with me, therefore, he's NOT on your side of this argument. He has 'acknowledged it through his silence.'

Furthermore, your silence on my explanation for why your link isn't relevant must mean that you agree with me.

They're logical assumptions, after all. That's how silence is consent works, Ingeniero.


troglyte wrote:I've waited an entire day for your reply. The fact that you haven't replied yet must mean that you don't have an argument. Therefore, you agree with me. And if you try to rebuff it now, you're just lying. (yes, this is incredibly stupid and illogical, that is the point)

So tell me, Ingeniero, how does it feel to have your own "logic" used against you? Oh, don't bother, I already got your telepathic message. The silence was deafening.

Sound4 wrote:These aren't logical it is most likely that Boomer duels has already made his point since his last post. None of this is logical.


Sound4 wrote:
troglyte wrote:
Playing dumb isn't a valid argument either, Ingeniero. I know you've read my posts, something you've taken great pride in until recently.

So you refuse to show the posts where I admitted to? You come off as you are lying.
Have a nice day


This is what Ingeniero does. He ignores posts that he can't argue against. And this is the same person who wants us to "read his posts."

To everyone reading this thread, Sound4 is a liar, hypocrite, rule-shark, and troll. Please do not take anything this troll says seriously.


Sound4's a (to be honest) f***Ing dumbass that Renji or Genexwrecker would be glad to perma-ban from this forum and the site.
RC-1 and DC-1 Approved (04/22/2021).
Official Konami Judge (05/17/2021).

Renji Asuka
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 159

Post #158 by Renji Asuka » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:43 pm

TheRoyalAu wrote:
troglyte wrote:
troglyte wrote:
If you read my posts, you would have noticed that I used the exact. SAME. LOGIC. that you're using. I waited an entire day for your reply, so it's a logical conclusion that you have no argument in response, so if you say anything now, the only logical conclusion is that you're lying, there's no other possible explanation. This is the exact same reasoning you're using to justify you're argument, and you said it was illogical. You're a hypocrite, you're not willing to apply your own "logic" against yourself because it doesn't benefit you. Read your own posts, Ingeniero, you played yourself.





Sound4 wrote:So you refuse to show the posts where I admitted to? You come off as you are lying.
Have a nice day


This is what Ingeniero does. He ignores posts that he can't argue against. And this is the same person who wants us to "read his posts."

To everyone reading this thread, Sound4 is a liar, hypocrite, rule-shark, and troll. Please do not take anything this troll says seriously.


Sound4's a (to be honest) f***Ing dumbass that Renji or Genexwrecker would be glad to perma-ban from this forum and the site.


There's a reason why I won't apply to be a mod on the forum let alone a judge. I'd straight up freeze everyone if they argued back to me after I declare my judgment.
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Reputation: 2

Post #159 by Sound4 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:10 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
TheRoyalAu wrote:
troglyte wrote:


This is what Ingeniero does. He ignores posts that he can't argue against. And this is the same person who wants us to "read his posts."

To everyone reading this thread, Sound4 is a liar, hypocrite, rule-shark, and troll. Please do not take anything this troll says seriously.


Sound4's a (to be honest) f***Ing dumbass that Renji or Genexwrecker would be glad to perma-ban from this forum and the site.


There's a reason why I won't apply to be a mod on the forum let alone a judge. I'd straight up freeze everyone if they argued back to me after I declare my judgment.

There is nothing wrong with questioning a judgement especially when they have clear flaws.

TheRoyalAu
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:50 pm
Reputation: 2
Location: Mount Gambier, Australia
Mood:
Contact:

Post #160 by TheRoyalAu » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:52 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
TheRoyalAu wrote:
Sound4's a (to be honest) f***Ing dumbass that Renji or Genexwrecker would be glad to perma-ban from this forum and the site.


There's a reason why I won't apply to be a mod on the forum let alone a judge. I'd straight up freeze everyone if they argued back to me after I declare my judgment.

There is nothing wrong with questioning a judgement especially when they have clear flaws.


What? You lost me there, and I'm pretty sure you also lost Renji there as well.
RC-1 and DC-1 Approved (04/22/2021).
Official Konami Judge (05/17/2021).


Return to “Serious Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests