The new 'Thumbs Up' button is great!

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Re: The new 'Thumbs Up' button is great!

Post #21 by Lil Oldman » Fri May 28, 2021 2:32 pm

What is the actual difference between pressing an ok button and saying ok?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Renji Asuka

Post #22 by Renji Asuka » Fri May 28, 2021 3:02 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:What is the actual difference between pressing an ok button and saying ok?

As I stated before, adding more buttons like that removes the need to chat, in which case the chat should be removed since it would no longer serve any function if features like this keep being added.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #23 by Lil Oldman » Fri May 28, 2021 3:14 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:What is the actual difference between pressing an ok button and saying ok?

As I stated before, adding more buttons like that removes the need to chat, in which case the chat should be removed since it would no longer serve any function if features like this keep being added.

Ok, but the Ok button does nothing on its own, it isnt automatizing (or however that word is spelled) the system, it is just a quality of life change, reducing the amount of key strokes from 2-3 to 1, its like the declare button, its just a better way to give out information.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Renji Asuka

Post #24 by Renji Asuka » Fri May 28, 2021 3:18 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Ok, but the Ok button does nothing on its own, it isnt automatizing (or however that word is spelled) the system, it is just a quality of life change, reducing the amount of key strokes from 2-3 to 1, its like the declare button, its just a better way to give out information.

You can think that, that is fine, I just disagree.

Christen57

Post #25 by Christen57 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:27 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:No, I do NOT have to press a Green button, when I can do it manually. Want an automated system? Go to an automated place. That was the WHOLE APPEAL TO DUELING NETWORK, BECAUSE IT WAS MANUAL, because it WAS as IF you're playing in real life. That's the whole point on why I don't like features that can essentially take that appeal away.

The idea that duelingbook should be just like real life is an arbitrary rule you made up in your head that duelingbook's developers aren't bound by.

An online stimulator can be both manual and fast. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Duelingbook is faster than duelingnetwork ever was, in the sense that you have more and more little buttons to help you do certain things faster and easier, but...

duelingbook is also manual in the sense that you're still manually changing life points, manually overlaying for xyz summons, manually keeping track of counters, manually keeping track of modified attack/defense value, manually tracking the number of standby phases that passed since you activated your Wave-Motion Cannon or Gold Sarcophagus or Final Countdown, manually calculating battle damage, manually banishing the top 5 or whatever cards of your deck for monster's effects like the Adamancipator tuners, manually flipping/tossing coins/dice, and so on.

If you think duelingbook's only appeal is that it's manual, and that it has no other appeal, then that is your opinion. I think duelingbook has many appeals, one of them including the fact that it's somewhat manual, but also the appeal of being fast compared to other manual simulators, the appeal of being able to do more advanced things like automatically resolve Convulsion of Nature or Power Tool Dragon's effect, neither of which you could do back on duelingnetwork, the appeal of being able to make your own custom cards, the appeal of being able to setup your own profile song, the appeal of having far more formats to choose from, the appeal of being able to message and chat with friends, and so on.

Wrong, I didn't make it arbitrary rule. Don't assume things, it makes your arguments weaker as they are based on a false pretense. The whole reason DuelingBook existed was because DuelingNetwork was taken down (from my understanding). And there was a reason WHY people liked Dueling Network OVER ygopro. It was essentially simulating the game with 0 automation. The more automated features that exist, the more that appeal diminishes.

That's your reason for liking duelingnetwork/duelingbook over ygopro/edopro, not everyone else's reason. As I've said earlier, a simulator can be both manual and fast. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Also, duelingnetwork never simulated anything "with 0 automation". Things like shuffling the deck were still automated.

For many people, duelingbook's appeal comes from it being manual in certain ways, but also automated in other ways. Sure, the appeal of having to do everything manually diminishes, but when that happens, another kind of appeal rises up to take it's place, which is the appeal of things being faster, easier, and more advanced, and I along with many others find this kind of appeal to be far better than the kind of appeal you're claiming is "WHY people liked Dueling Network OVER ygopro".

Simulators have to grow and evolve the same way almost every piece of technology grows and evolves. They can't remain the same forever or they become stagnant/obsolete. Look at cellphones 20 years ago, calculators 20 years ago, vehicles 20 years ago, computers 20 years ago, and compare them to today's cellphones/calculators/vehicles/computers. You will see drastic differences since then.

The same thing goes for simulators.

Renji Asuka

Post #26 by Renji Asuka » Sat May 29, 2021 5:47 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
The idea that duelingbook should be just like real life is an arbitrary rule you made up in your head that duelingbook's developers aren't bound by.

An online stimulator can be both manual and fast. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Duelingbook is faster than duelingnetwork ever was, in the sense that you have more and more little buttons to help you do certain things faster and easier, but...

duelingbook is also manual in the sense that you're still manually changing life points, manually overlaying for xyz summons, manually keeping track of counters, manually keeping track of modified attack/defense value, manually tracking the number of standby phases that passed since you activated your Wave-Motion Cannon or Gold Sarcophagus or Final Countdown, manually calculating battle damage, manually banishing the top 5 or whatever cards of your deck for monster's effects like the Adamancipator tuners, manually flipping/tossing coins/dice, and so on.

If you think duelingbook's only appeal is that it's manual, and that it has no other appeal, then that is your opinion. I think duelingbook has many appeals, one of them including the fact that it's somewhat manual, but also the appeal of being fast compared to other manual simulators, the appeal of being able to do more advanced things like automatically resolve Convulsion of Nature or Power Tool Dragon's effect, neither of which you could do back on duelingnetwork, the appeal of being able to make your own custom cards, the appeal of being able to setup your own profile song, the appeal of having far more formats to choose from, the appeal of being able to message and chat with friends, and so on.

Wrong, I didn't make it arbitrary rule. Don't assume things, it makes your arguments weaker as they are based on a false pretense. The whole reason DuelingBook existed was because DuelingNetwork was taken down (from my understanding). And there was a reason WHY people liked Dueling Network OVER ygopro. It was essentially simulating the game with 0 automation. The more automated features that exist, the more that appeal diminishes.

That's your reason for liking duelingnetwork/duelingbook over ygopro/edopro, not everyone else's reason. As I've said earlier, a simulator can be both manual and fast. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Also, duelingnetwork never simulated anything "with 0 automation". Things like shuffling the deck were still automated.

For many people, duelingbook's appeal comes from it being manual in certain ways, but also automated in other ways. Sure, the appeal of having to do everything manually diminishes, but when that happens, another kind of appeal rises up to take it's place, which is the appeal of things being faster, easier, and more advanced, and I along with many others find this kind of appeal to be far better than the kind of appeal you're claiming is "WHY people liked Dueling Network OVER ygopro".

Simulators have to grow and evolve the same way almost every piece of technology grows and evolves. They can't remain the same forever or they become stagnant/obsolete. Look at cellphones 20 years ago, calculators 20 years ago, vehicles 20 years ago, computers 20 years ago, and compare them to today's cellphones/calculators/vehicles/computers. You will see drastic differences since then.

"That's your reason for liking duelingnetwork/duelingbook over ygopro/edopro, not everyone else's reason."

The problem with this statement, is you assuming I do not like ygopro/edopro. In fact, I'd say I like them equally.

"Also, duelingnetwork never simulated anything "with 0 automation"."

Irrelevant, no one claimed it had 0 automation, at least read what is being said than to assume.

I have had conversations and even seen conversations back during DN on WHY people preferred it over YgoPro, ranging from the automation to needing less skills, to not being able to learn rulings.

"Simulators have to grow and evolve the same way almost every piece of technology grows and evolves. "

Wrong, they do not have to, if a simulator does something well, it doesn't have to change. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

"Look at cellphones 20 years ago, calculators 20 years ago, vehicles 20 years ago, computers 20 years ago, and compare them to today's cellphones/calculators/vehicles/computers. You will see drastic differences since then."

False equivalency right here, there's a huge difference between software and hardware. Hardware typically gets outdated and should constantly being improved. Software on the other hand doesn't have to change, the only times it does, is if the developers want the software to work on newer hardware, or to update it to prevent security issues or increase stability and things of that nature. Outside of those 2 reasons, software doesn't have to change.

You can disagree all you want, but my mind can't be changed on this issue, you can like the feature or features like it, and I can dislike them, and I will voice my opinion on the matter. Just know, you really shouldn't assume things it only makes an ass out of yourself. And more importantly, I do respect your opinion even though I do disagree.

Christen57

Post #27 by Christen57 » Sun May 30, 2021 5:25 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Wrong, I didn't make it arbitrary rule. Don't assume things, it makes your arguments weaker as they are based on a false pretense. The whole reason DuelingBook existed was because DuelingNetwork was taken down (from my understanding). And there was a reason WHY people liked Dueling Network OVER ygopro. It was essentially simulating the game with 0 automation. The more automated features that exist, the more that appeal diminishes.

"That's your reason for liking duelingnetwork/duelingbook over ygopro/edopro, not everyone else's reason."

The problem with this statement, is you assuming I do not like ygopro/edopro. In fact, I'd say I like them equally.

Irrelevant, no one claimed it had 0 automation, at least read what is being said than to assume.

I have had conversations and even seen conversations back during DN on WHY people preferred it over YgoPro, ranging from the automation to needing less skills, to not being able to learn rulings.

"Simulators have to grow and evolve the same way almost every piece of technology grows and evolves. "

Wrong, they do not have to, if a simulator does something well, it doesn't have to change. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

"Look at cellphones 20 years ago, calculators 20 years ago, vehicles 20 years ago, computers 20 years ago, and compare them to today's cellphones/calculators/vehicles/computers. You will see drastic differences since then."

False equivalency right here, there's a huge difference between software and hardware. Hardware typically gets outdated and should constantly being improved. Software on the other hand doesn't have to change, the only times it does, is if the developers want the software to work on newer hardware, or to update it to prevent security issues or increase stability and things of that nature. Outside of those 2 reasons, software doesn't have to change.

You can disagree all you want, but my mind can't be changed on this issue, you can like the feature or features like it, and I can dislike them, and I will voice my opinion on the matter. Just know, you really shouldn't assume things it only makes an ass out of yourself. And more importantly, I do respect your opinion even though I do disagree.

"It was essentially simulating the game with 0 automation". Those were your words. That was you claiming it had 0 automation.

Maybe "if a simulator does something well, it doesn't have to change," but there were a lot of things duelingnetwork didn't do well. You couldn't properly resolve effects such as Exchange or Convulsion of Nature, and the admins would just tell you not to use those cards. Duelingbook fixed both of those issues.

Also, a simulator doing something well doesn't mean it's perfect and can never be improved in any other possible way.

Adding new features like the thumbs up and declare buttons isn't the same as trying to fix what isn't broke. Adding something that wasn't there isn't the same as fixing what is there. Features like the ability to make your own custom cards or profile song aren't meant to fix what isn't broken. They're just meant to be additional features people want.

Genexwrecker

Post #28 by Genexwrecker » Sun May 30, 2021 7:35 am

It is very sad that we had to implement a button because people couldnt type the letter “k”. Truely a step backwards for humankind
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Renji Asuka

Post #29 by Renji Asuka » Sun May 30, 2021 12:42 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

"It was essentially simulating the game with 0 automation". Those were your words. That was you claiming it had 0 automation.

Maybe "if a simulator does something well, it doesn't have to change," but there were a lot of things duelingnetwork didn't do well. You couldn't properly resolve effects such as Exchange or Convulsion of Nature, and the admins would just tell you not to use those cards. Duelingbook fixed both of those issues.

Also, a simulator doing something well doesn't mean it's perfect and can never be improved in any other possible way.

Adding new features like the thumbs up and declare buttons isn't the same as trying to fix what isn't broke. Adding something that wasn't there isn't the same as fixing what is there. Features like the ability to make your own custom cards or profile song aren't meant to fix what isn't broken. They're just meant to be additional features people want.

"That was you claiming it had 0 automation."
There's a difference between stating that something had 0 automation and "essentially having 0 automation". Because there is some automation such as the deck automatically giving your hand and shuffling at the start vs "Activate Dark Hole, ygopro automatically destroys everything if there is no response". Like come on now.

" but there were a lot of things duelingnetwork didn't do well. You couldn't properly resolve effects such as Exchange or Convulsion of Nature, and the admins would just tell you not to use those cards. Duelingbook fixed both of those issues." And this here, is a bad argument. These cards can still be resolved properly on DN, it was just a pain in the ass. But then again you want to compare these things to something that allows players to avoid the chat.

"Also, a simulator doing something well doesn't mean it's perfect and can never be improved in any other possible way."

No one claimed 1 simulator was better, come on now.

"Adding new features like the thumbs up and declare buttons isn't the same as trying to fix what isn't broke. Adding something that wasn't there isn't the same as fixing what is there. Features like the ability to make your own custom cards or profile song aren't meant to fix what isn't broken. They're just meant to be additional features people want."

These are trying to fix something, players just saying "eff", which is a problem, now mind you if there is 1 card already on field, its obvious what is being activated, outside of that, that is another story. So by adding a declare button, the admins are trying to fix that problem, when its more of a player issue than a software issue. Then people refusing to type and giving them a button only rewards laziness, again which makes the chat start to become irrelevant, at which point would need to be removed as its job becomes more and more irrelevant.

These features for example, are NOT making it better.

greg503

Post #30 by greg503 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:26 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:"That's your reason for liking duelingnetwork/duelingbook over ygopro/edopro, not everyone else's reason."

Adding new features like the thumbs up and declare buttons isn't the same as trying to fix what isn't broke. Adding something that wasn't there isn't the same as fixing what is there. Features like the ability to make your own custom cards or profile song aren't meant to fix what isn't broken. They're just meant to be additional features people want.[/size]

There's a difference between stating that something had 0 automation and "essentially having 0 automation". Because there is some automation such as the deck automatically giving your hand and shuffling at the start vs "Activate Dark Hole, ygopro automatically destroys everything if there is no response". Like come on now.

" but there were a lot of things duelingnetwork didn't do well. You couldn't properly resolve effects such as Exchange or Convulsion of Nature, and the admins would just tell you not to use those cards. Duelingbook fixed both of those issues." And this here, is a bad argument. These cards can still be resolved properly on DN, it was just a pain in the ass. But then again you want to compare these things to something that allows players to avoid the chat.

"Also, a simulator doing something well doesn't mean it's perfect and can never be improved in any other possible way."

"Adding new features like the thumbs up and declare buttons isn't the same as trying to fix what isn't broke. Adding something that wasn't there isn't the same as fixing what is there. Features like the ability to make your own custom cards or profile song aren't meant to fix what isn't broken. They're just meant to be additional features people want."

These are trying to fix something, players just saying "eff", which is a problem, now mind you if there is 1 card already on field, its obvious what is being activated, outside of that, that is another story. So by adding a declare button, the admins are trying to fix that problem, when its more of a player issue than a software issue. Then people refusing to type and giving them a button only rewards laziness, again which makes the chat start to become irrelevant, at which point would need to be removed as its job becomes more and more irrelevant.

Most people are lazy, if they can use their mouse for something that used to require the keyboard, then they will. Remember what I said about high level tournament play not having a lot of talking? Well, these also help a little with a potential language barrier between players.
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #31 by Christen57 » Sun May 30, 2021 3:57 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:It is very sad that we had to implement a button because people couldnt type the letter “k”. Truely a step backwards for humankind

It's actually faster clicking a button than typing K because clicking the button requires 1 input, a click, while typing K requires 2 inputs, K and Enter. That makes it a step forward, not backward.

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:"That's your reason for liking duelingnetwork/duelingbook over ygopro/edopro, not everyone else's reason."

Exchange and Convulsion of Nature could not be properly resolved on duelingnetwork since there was no option to put any card in your opponent's hand or flip the deck.

The declare and thumbs up buttons are meant to make things easier/faster, not reward laziness. The chat still has it's uses, including but not limited to declaring levels with Gagaga Magician or declaring card names with Mind Crush. The chat isn't going to be removed or rendered irrelevant anytime soon just because some more things are getting automated. Even ygopro and edopro still have their chat features to this day despite being far more automated and duelingbook.

Don't confuse efficiency with laziness. If you invent something that can let you get the same amount of work done with less effort, that's a good thing, not a bad thing, because then you can use the extra time/energy for other things. It's the same reason we invented machines to make things like farming and transportation easier and faster, not so we can be lazy, but so we can be just as productive but with less time and energy needed, leaving us with extra time and energy that we can then put towards other things.

The declare and thumbs up buttons allow us to do the same things we've always been doing — declaring effects and giving the okay — just with less time and energy needed, allowing duels to go by faster, which is a good thing. The declare and thumbs up buttons are meant to allow players to be more efficient, not more lazy.

Efficiency is about getting the same amount of work done, or in some cases even more work done, but with less time/energy. Laziness is about simply getting less work done.

Renji Asuka

Post #32 by Renji Asuka » Sun May 30, 2021 5:22 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:It is very sad that we had to implement a button because people couldnt type the letter “k”. Truely a step backwards for humankind

It's actually faster clicking a button than typing K because clicking the button requires 1 input, a click, while typing K requires 2 inputs, K and Enter. That makes it a step forward, not backward.

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Exchange and Convulsion of Nature could not be properly resolved on duelingnetwork since there was no option to put any card in your opponent's hand or flip the deck.

The declare and thumbs up buttons are meant to make things easier/faster, not reward laziness. The chat still has it's uses, including but not limited to declaring levels with Gagaga Magician or declaring card names with Mind Crush. The chat isn't going to be removed or rendered irrelevant anytime soon just because some more things are getting automated. Even ygopro and edopro still have their chat features to this day despite being far more automated and duelingbook.

Don't confuse efficiency with laziness. If you invent something that can let you get the same amount of work done with less effort, that's a good thing, not a bad thing, because then you can use the extra time/energy for other things. It's the same reason we invented machines to make things like farming and transportation easier and faster, not so we can be lazy, but so we can be just as productive but with less time and energy needed, leaving us with extra time and energy that we can then put towards other things.

The declare and thumbs up buttons allow us to do the same things we've always been doing — declaring effects and giving the okay — just with less time and energy needed, allowing duels to go by faster, which is a good thing. The declare and thumbs up buttons are meant to allow players to be more efficient, not more lazy.

Efficiency is about getting the same amount of work done, or in some cases even more work done, but with less time/energy. Laziness is about simply getting less work done.

Exchange, either banish the card or place it somewhere on the field TREATING IT as being in the opponent's hand. As for convulsion of nature, just do the /banish command, that's what I did and the duel was able to proceed smoothly.

"The declare and thumbs up buttons are meant to make things easier/faster, not reward laziness."
Oh wow, you save 1 whole second! Despite being able to just type "ok" for a couple more seconds, let's be real if time was an issue, you shouldn't be in a match, so again not an argument. And that isn't getting into the fact you still have to move your mouse over to the buttons, so again, not a real argument.

As for comparing edopro/ygopro chat, there's a huge difference between that and DB, you can actually mute the chat and proceed with the game without chatting and the game would still run smoothly. Which by adding more and more features where players won't have to use chat, the chat becomes obsolete.

Christen57

Post #33 by Christen57 » Sun May 30, 2021 8:31 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Renji Asuka wrote:

Exchange, either banish the card or place it somewhere on the field TREATING IT as being in the opponent's hand. As for convulsion of nature, just do the /banish command, that's what I did and the duel was able to proceed smoothly.

"The declare and thumbs up buttons are meant to make things easier/faster, not reward laziness."
Oh wow, you save 1 whole second! Despite being able to just type "ok" for a couple more seconds, let's be real if time was an issue, you shouldn't be in a match, so again not an argument. And that isn't getting into the fact you still have to move your mouse over to the buttons, so again, not a real argument.

As for comparing edopro/ygopro chat, there's a huge difference between that and DB, you can actually mute the chat and proceed with the game without chatting and the game would still run smoothly. Which by adding more and more features where players won't have to use chat, the chat becomes obsolete.

Exchange specifically says you have to swap cards in hand, not put them in other random locations, and Convulsion of Nature's effect has nothing to do with banishing. It specifically requires you to flip your deck, which could not be done.

Not to mention other effects like Fusion Guard, Success Probability 0%, Goblin Circus, Grave Lure, Parasite Paracide, or Magical Hats, which also could not be properly resolved back on dueling network.

Yes you still have to mouse your hands when moving the mouse over to buttons on the screen, but you still also have to move your hands over to the keys on your keyboard when typing.

Yes you can play entirely without chatting on those automatic simulators, but duelingbook still requires manual communication for effects like Mind Crush and also for resolving ruling disputes when they arise, so the chat isn't obsolete yet and isn't going to be anytime soon.

Renji Asuka

Post #34 by Renji Asuka » Sun May 30, 2021 9:40 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Exchange specifically says you have to swap cards in hand, not put them in other random locations, and Convulsion of Nature's effect has nothing to do with banishing. It specifically requires you to flip your deck, which could not be done.

Not to mention other effects like Fusion Guard, Success Probability 0%, Goblin Circus, Grave Lure, Parasite Paracide, or Magical Hats, which also could not be properly resolved back on dueling network.

Yes you still have to mouse your hands when moving the mouse over to buttons on the screen, but you still also have to move your hands over to the keys on your keyboard when typing.

Yes you can play entirely without chatting on those automatic simulators, but duelingbook still requires manual communication for effects like Mind Crush and also for resolving ruling disputes when they arise, so the chat isn't obsolete yet and isn't going to be anytime soon.

You missed the point entirely, the point is, you COULD had set them aside in some location, and if the opponent wanted to use the card, you can put it to their side of the field assuming its in your banish or somewhere on your field. You act like you couldn't play the card even though you could. You just had to use what mechanics that did exist to do it. Also the /banish command banished cards face up essentially putting your deck in reverse order, it didn't HAVE to belong in the deck zone to do it on DN. Its called getting creative with what was available. Also Magical Hats COULD be properly resolved by using the die roll, treating the cards as if they were shuffled on the field. I played Magical Gear Town and no player had an issue with that method.

Christen57

Post #35 by Christen57 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:44 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

You missed the point entirely, the point is, you COULD had set them aside in some location, and if the opponent wanted to use the card, you can put it to their side of the field assuming its in your banish or somewhere on your field. You act like you couldn't play the card even though you could. You just had to use what mechanics that did exist to do it. Also the /banish command banished cards face up essentially putting your deck in reverse order, it didn't HAVE to belong in the deck zone to do it on DN. Its called getting creative with what was available. Also Magical Hats COULD be properly resolved by using the die roll, treating the cards as if they were shuffled on the field. I played Magical Gear Town and no player had an issue with that method.

The opponent shouldn't have had to ask you to set their card for them. If your opponent chooses to take your Mirror Force to use for themselves, but they ask you to set it to their field for them, you now know where that Mirror Force is and can then save your Mystical Space Typhoon for it, but the opponent should have been able to take your Mirror Force, put it in their hand shuffle their hand, then set spells/traps at random to hide where the Mirror Force is so you can't just easily get rid of it with your Mystical Space Typhoon.

Also, you can probably banish your entire deck, yes, but that 1) requires you to put your entire deck in a location the opponent can see, allowing them to see your entire deck when they should only be able to see the top card, 2) can cause your deck to get mixed up with other already-banished cards, and 3) is tedious when you have to banish your entire 40 card deck, then use a search effect like Reinforcement of the Army, then put all your banished cards back in the deck, then shuffle the deck, then re-banish all of them again. It's even more tedious when you're playing a combo deck and resolving multiple search effects in a single turn while Convulsion of Nature is active, having to banish your entire deck, shuffle all the banished cards back in the deck, re-banish them, and repeating this process for every single search effect.

Renji Asuka

Post #36 by Renji Asuka » Sun May 30, 2021 11:16 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

The opponent shouldn't have had to ask you to set their card for them. If your opponent chooses to take your Mirror Force to use for themselves, but they ask you to set it to their field for them, you now know where that Mirror Force is and can then save your Mystical Space Typhoon for it, but the opponent should have been able to take your Mirror Force, put it in their hand shuffle their hand, then set spells/traps at random to hide where the Mirror Force is so you can't just easily get rid of it with your Mystical Space Typhoon.

Also, you can probably banish your entire deck, yes, but that 1) requires you to put your entire deck in a location the opponent can see, allowing them to see your entire deck when they should only be able to see the top card, 2) can cause your deck to get mixed up with other already-banished cards, and 3) is tedious when you have to banish your entire 40 card deck, then use a search effect like Reinforcement of the Army, then put all your banished cards back in the deck, then shuffle the deck, then re-banish all of them again. It's even more tedious when you're playing a combo deck and resolving multiple search effects in a single turn while Convulsion of Nature is active, having to banish your entire deck, shuffle all the banished cards back in the deck, re-banish them, and repeating this process for every single search effect.

"The opponent shouldn't have had to ask you to set their card for them."

Where did I state the card was being set on the field for them? What? I STATED you CAN place it somewhere on the field and CONSIDER IT IN THEIR HAND whether its on your field or not. C'mon now, know what is actually being stated before you even comment.

1), people either didn't care, or leave the duel, and most of the time it was the latter when convulsion of nature was played.
2), You, you could temporarily put the banished cards into the GY to do this, then move those cards into your deck zone and if your opponent wants to see what is banished, you just show the deck.
3), if it was too tedious you had another option back then, which I did list. Unfortunately DN banned players for playing Convulsion of Nature in rated instead of creating a solution for it.

At the end of the day, your argument is "Duelingbook evolved by letting these cards be operated!" is frankly terrible, as that is not the same as buttons like the Green Resolve button OR the OK button.

Christen57

Post #37 by Christen57 » Mon May 31, 2021 2:22 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You missed the point entirely, the point is, you COULD had set them aside in some location, and if the opponent wanted to use the card, you can put it to their side of the field assuming its in your banish or somewhere on your field. You act like you couldn't play the card even though you could. You just had to use what mechanics that did exist to do it. Also the /banish command banished cards face up essentially putting your deck in reverse order, it didn't HAVE to belong in the deck zone to do it on DN. Its called getting creative with what was available. Also Magical Hats COULD be properly resolved by using the die roll, treating the cards as if they were shuffled on the field. I played Magical Gear Town and no player had an issue with that method.

Where did I state the card was being set on the field for them? What? I STATED you CAN place it somewhere on the field and CONSIDER IT IN THEIR HAND whether its on your field or not. C'mon now, know what is actually being stated before you even comment.

1), people either didn't care, or leave the duel, and most of the time it was the latter when convulsion of nature was played.
2), You, you could temporarily put the banished cards into the GY to do this, then move those cards into your deck zone and if your opponent wants to see what is banished, you just show the deck.
3), if it was too tedious you had another option back then, which I did list. Unfortunately DN banned players for playing Convulsion of Nature in rated instead of creating a solution for it.

At the end of the day, your argument is "Duelingbook evolved by letting these cards be operated!" is frankly terrible, as that is not the same as buttons like the Green Resolve button OR the OK button.

Where did you state the card was being set on the field for them?

"if the opponent wanted to use the card, you can put it to their side of the field assuming its in your banish or somewhere on your field". That is where you stated the card was being placed on the field for them.

Duelingbook didn't evolve just by letting more cards be operated. Duelingbook evolved also with all sorts of other new stuff that duelingnetwork never had, from custom profile songs, to custom cards, to new formats like speed and rush, and now these new buttons are what I guess I would call the icing on the cake.

Renji Asuka

Post #38 by Renji Asuka » Mon May 31, 2021 3:20 am

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Where did you state the card was being set on the field for them?

"if the opponent wanted to use the card, you can put it to their side of the field assuming its in your banish or somewhere on your field". That is where you stated the card was being placed on the field for them.

Duelingbook didn't evolve just by letting more cards be operated. Duelingbook evolved also with all sorts of other new stuff that duelingnetwork never had, from custom profile songs, to custom cards, to new formats like speed and rush, and now these new buttons are what I guess I would call the icing on the cake.

I said place, you said set, there's a huge difference, that's the point.

There's a difference between more game modes and additions to profiles and adding buttons that will eventually invalidate the duel chat.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #39 by troglyte » Mon May 31, 2021 5:41 am

The SANCTITY of Duelingbook has been TARNISHED.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #40 by Jedx_EX » Mon May 31, 2021 7:04 am

troglyte wrote:The SANCTITY of Duelingbook has been TARNISHED.

That's why I play Tabletop Simulator on Steam instead. (Will still play Yugioh once a week with gimmick decks.)

Return to “Suggestions”