what i dont get about players in the custom cards format

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 7
Mood:

what i dont get about players in the custom cards format

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:59 am

WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE ABOUT PSCT??? if PSCT is an issue to you then dont play customs where there is ALWAYS going to have PSCT issues.

I have 3 easy solutions for you if PSCT bothers you:
1: ask your opponent what the card does. (If its me youre dueling: I will personally tell you in simple terms what my cards do)
2: just leave the duel
3: dont play in the custom cards format

neither of these 2 steps are that hard to do

seriously you people care way to much about PSCT on here.
me personally? as long as the card is mostly understandable, then its fine.

Dal920
User avatar
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:52 am
Reputation: 14

Post #2 by Dal920 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:24 am

The best option is option 3. Even if you don't care about PSCT you should choose option 3. Everyone should choose option 3.

Debt
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 10

Post #3 by Debt » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:28 am

PSCT compliant custom cards allow people to
1. Have no ambiguity on how cards function
2. Show that effort was put into making the cards
3. Design cards that could feasibly be in the game

Not even attempting PSCT is just laziness on your behalf, compound this with your poor grasp of game mechanics and card design and your general demeanor and your opponents get a gameplay experience equivalent of a train wreck. This is just you trying to justify lazy and undisciplined card making.

DuskWill
User avatar
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:27 am
Reputation: 1
Location: Brasil

Post #4 by DuskWill » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:02 am

Well, Konami already specified in their first post regarding PSCT the problems we had before that (https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=2906):
[...]if you ran into a complicated card situation, this is what you had to do:

First: read the card.
Second: run to the web to find out how the card works and how to resolve the situation.
Third: assuming your specific situation was covered online, continue playing. Otherwise you need to write in and ask for an answer.

Doesn’t that seem kind of silly? Especially since the main point of the game is that each card tells you what it does.

From now on, here’s what you’ll do, instead:

First: read the card.
Second: apply logic and figure out the answer.
Third: continue playing.

Now, in the events of facing a custom card with no PSCT, considering that we can only rely on what the card creator meant, it's hard to know for sure how they work in a specific scenario without consulting them. That's problematic if neither player in the duel created the card, but let's assume one is: just like you said, a player can ask about a card effect. But, in doing so, the one being questioned could get clues of what kind of approach their opponent would use to deal with that card. At the same time, there was the risk that a player wouldn't get all the needed answers , resulting in an improper move or maybe just a disastrous one.

Overall, what's most bothersome of playing without PSCT is how little effort was put in the card designing and how unnecessarily effort it can demand from both players in some point of the duel. That's why Konami standardized how conditions, activations and effects had to be phrased and what words were deemed as part of the game terminology. This way every player can easily apply the same rulings cards with similar effects, as well as clearly know how when a card can be played or distinguish cards with Effects that Summon from cards with Built-in Summons.

In conclusion, we care about PSCT because the decade we had without it led to lots of ruling checkings and discussion because of lacking of standarized card effects. In the words of Kevin Tewart:
Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG is a game designed to be played by everyone. Whether you’re in elementary, junior high, or high school; college, grad school, or law school; working for a living, playing with your kids, or playing with your nieces, nephews, or grandchildren… the game is designed so anyone can pick up some cards and start to play.

How could we care less about a thing designed to help people into the game and facilitate gameplay?

Debt
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 10

Post #5 by Debt » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:26 am

DuskWill wrote:Now, in the events of facing a custom card with no PSCT, considering that we can only rely on what the card creator meant, it's hard to know for sure how they work in a specific scenario without consulting them. That's problematic if neither player in the duel created the card, but let's assume one is: just like you said, a player can ask about a card effect. But, in doing so, the one being questioned could get clues of what kind of approach their opponent would use to deal with that card. At the same time, there was the risk that a player wouldn't get all the needed answers , resulting in an improper move or maybe just a disastrous one.

Overall, what's most bothersome of playing without PSCT is how little effort was put in the card designing and how unnecessarily effort it can demand from both players in some point of the duel. That's why Konami standardized how conditions, activations and effects had to be phrased and what words were deemed as part of the game terminology. This way every player can easily apply the same rulings cards with similar effects, as well as clearly know how when a card can be played or distinguish cards with Effects that Summon from cards with Built-in Summons.

In conclusion, we care about PSCT because the decade we had without it led to lots of ruling checkings and discussion because of lacking of standarized card effects.

How could we care less about a thing designed to help people into the game and facilitate gameplay?

The thing is Crystal doesn't see his opponents as humans deserving of courtesy or consideration, to him they're an npc medium who exist to help him act out his power fantasies. Crystal demanding his opponents ask him how his cards function is a way to assert power and an undeserved sense of authority over others. The language Crystal uses makes this rather apparent. He doesn't ask you to "follow" or "comply" with his duel notes, he wants you to "obey" him and to never question him or his often incorrect rulings.

CrystalMusic
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 7
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:27 am

Debt wrote:
DuskWill wrote:Now, in the events of facing a custom card with no PSCT, considering that we can only rely on what the card creator meant, it's hard to know for sure how they work in a specific scenario without consulting them. That's problematic if neither player in the duel created the card, but let's assume one is: just like you said, a player can ask about a card effect. But, in doing so, the one being questioned could get clues of what kind of approach their opponent would use to deal with that card. At the same time, there was the risk that a player wouldn't get all the needed answers , resulting in an improper move or maybe just a disastrous one.

Overall, what's most bothersome of playing without PSCT is how little effort was put in the card designing and how unnecessarily effort it can demand from both players in some point of the duel. That's why Konami standardized how conditions, activations and effects had to be phrased and what words were deemed as part of the game terminology. This way every player can easily apply the same rulings cards with similar effects, as well as clearly know how when a card can be played or distinguish cards with Effects that Summon from cards with Built-in Summons.

In conclusion, we care about PSCT because the decade we had without it led to lots of ruling checkings and discussion because of lacking of standarized card effects.

How could we care less about a thing designed to help people into the game and facilitate gameplay?

The thing is Crystal doesn't see his opponents as humans deserving of courtesy or consideration, to him they're an npc medium who exist to help him act out his power fantasies. Crystal demanding his opponents ask him how his cards function is a way to assert power and an undeserved sense of authority over others. The language Crystal uses makes this rather apparent. He doesn't ask you to "follow" or "comply" with his duel notes, he wants you to "obey" him and to never question him or his often incorrect rulings.


and THIS is why i have you blocked cas you utter nonsense and blabber about things you have no comprehension about.

Debt
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 10

Post #7 by Debt » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:41 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
and THIS is why i have you blocked cas you utter nonsense and blabber about things you have no comprehension about.

Prove me wrong. All your conduct points to my conclusion. You complete narcissist.

xDEADCENTREx
User avatar
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 am
Reputation: 31
Contact:

Post #8 by xDEADCENTREx » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:15 pm

All the people that care about PSCT are every single one of your opponents in customs that you don't give a fuck about.

I tried to help you, but you outright refused help, the blamed your PSCT skills on your autism. Seriously get over yourself.

xDEADCENTREx
User avatar
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 am
Reputation: 31
Contact:

Post #9 by xDEADCENTREx » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:18 pm

If only a threat of suicide over crystalmusics autism was enough to get them banned.

CrystalMusic
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 7
Mood:

Post #10 by CrystalMusic » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
and THIS is why i have you blocked cas you utter nonsense and blabber about things you have no comprehension about.

Prove me wrong. All your conduct points to my conclusion. You complete narcissist.

WTF is a narcissist???

CrystalMusic
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 7
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:42 pm

xDEADCENTREx wrote:If only a threat of suicide over crystalmusics autism was enough to get them banned.


If my Autism make you think about "THAT" then you have serious mental issues. No offense but i speak the truth. Why would one contemplate about their own life just because one is Autistic? If thats what you think, you need to be seen by a doctor. because you have something seriously wrong with your brain.

Kalsan
User avatar
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:14 pm
Reputation: 2

Post #12 by Kalsan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:05 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
and THIS is why i have you blocked cas you utter nonsense and blabber about things you have no comprehension about.

Prove me wrong. All your conduct points to my conclusion. You complete narcissist.

WTF is a narcissist???

>Not knowing what a narcissist is, that just can't be real
Just an account :idea:

Image

xDEADCENTREx
User avatar
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 am
Reputation: 31
Contact:

Post #13 by xDEADCENTREx » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:53 pm

You don't have autism and if you do all you do is use it as an excuse for your shitty behaviour CrystalMusic. You are the insane person on this thread and it's quite pathetic that everything everyone has said about you is all true.

Debt
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 10

Post #14 by Debt » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:57 am

CrystalMusic wrote:WTF is a narcissist???

Why should I spoon feed you?

xDEADCENTREx
User avatar
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 am
Reputation: 31
Contact:

Post #15 by xDEADCENTREx » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:08 pm

CrystalMusic so retarded they don't know how to use Google. What a joke.

CrystalMusic
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 7
Mood:

Post #16 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:21 pm

and this is why i have most of you blocked cas all you ever do is post negative, and most of the time false, comments

NiwatoriFTW
User avatar
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 1:11 am
Reputation: 11

Post #17 by NiwatoriFTW » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Blocking everyone that criticises you and speaks "nonsense" instead of providing counterarguments to their points and explaining why what they're saying is wrong. Makes just as much sense as the extreme archetype protection cards you create: logic and interaction doesn't apply.

Still, it was never easy understanding you in the first place: You start aggressive towards some point in the game or some people you played against, complains a lot for little to no reason and, if someone retorts to that, you play the victim card, saying that you have autism, Asperger, ADHD and whatever more to justify your stances, saying that people can't know about you, that your different and many other stuff.

Now, the most troublesome part of all this: You don't take your time to substantiate your arguments in your replies. You just provide short answers that tries to justify your actions and blocks or ignore people who say otherwise. Worse than that, you don't even consider debating with the ones that aren't amongst "the ones that all they do is post negative and most of the time false comments":

In a non-related topic, you complain about people who plays TCG and OCG in Custom Cards (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6696); I explain that, not only they're allowed to, but that there isn't a rule saying that they can't do that; You then say that that's why you created a Custom Card that makes that a rule if people don't comply with your duel note. Moral implications of that card aside, that doesn't justify your complaint and is completely non-sequitur to both premises.

In this topic, Debt and Duskwill provided answers to your stance on PSCT (albeit with a conduct analysis from the former) and you didn't take those in account either. You say you don't get why people do something, you get explanations about it and, yet, you just keep with your usual behaviour or stance, usually because you have created something to excuse you for that or have some sort of condition that justifies your doings.

This mix of contradictions and behaviours is just one of the things that makes people here conflict with you. Now, take your time to read this and reply when you see fit. Or ignore all the arguments while throwing some short answer with no analysis. Either way, this will mostly define how people should see and understand you.

Debt
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 10

Post #18 by Debt » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:57 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:and this is why i have most of you blocked cas all you ever do is post negative, and most of the time false, comments

When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.

CrystalMusic
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 7
Mood:

Post #19 by CrystalMusic » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:32 am

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:and this is why i have most of you blocked cas all you ever do is post negative, and most of the time false, comments

When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.


or because all he spits out is shit! like you!

Debt
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 10

Post #20 by Debt » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:43 am

CrystalMusic wrote:or because all he spits out is shit! like you!

If nothing I say is true then it should be easy to disprove. But you it seems like you can't refute a single statement and shy away like a coward.


Return to “Spam Paradise”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests