Welcome » Support

DuelingBook Deck Data Request
N-O-N-N-O
#1
Hi everyone,

I’m working on a personal research project analyzing historical Yu-Gi-Oh! deckbuilding, particularly formats such as GOAT and Edison.

I’m interested in the public deck records generated through DuelingBook’s “Download Link” feature. The goal is to build a large dataset of human-created decks and later classify them into historical formats based on their card pools, banlists, and deck construction.

Rather than trying to retrieve millions of individual deck links and creating unnecessary load on DuelingBook’s servers, I wanted to ask whether there is any possibility of obtaining a bulk anonymized export of these public deck records.

The only information I would need is something along the lines of:

Deck ID

Deck name

Main Deck card IDs

Extra Deck card IDs

Side Deck card IDs

I do not need usernames, email addresses, IP addresses, account information, duel history, or any other personal data.

If a bulk export is not possible, I would also be interested in knowing whether there is a public/read-only API, another efficient way of accessing the Download-Link deck records, or an acceptable request rate for retrieving them programmatically.

Also, if this is something that should be discussed directly with a DuelingBook developer, administrator, or another specific person, could someone please let me know who would be best to contact and how to reach them?

Likewise, if anyone in the community has already collected a substantial archive of DuelingBook deck links or has worked with this data before, I would be very interested in hearing from you.

The purpose is purely to study human deckbuilding across different periods of Yu-Gi-Oh!, and I’m happy to work with whatever data format or access method is easiest for DuelingBook.

Thanks!
Andrea
Post Reply: