Dragonmaid dependencies

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Dragonmaid dependencies

Post #1 by Lil Oldman » Thu May 19, 2022 4:03 am

So, I am planning on building Qli IRL, since the deck cannot play Extra Deck because of the Pendulum Scale effects, I decided to give Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries a go and so I starte to gather intel on the regulars in my store and I noticed 2 Dragonmaid players.
My question is, if I could only remove one, which would damage dragonmaid the most? House Dragonmaid or Dragonmaid Sheou?
Also, side question, is it even worth considering this when Qliphorts play and benefit from Lose 1 Turn?
Additionally, is what I am doing even allowed lol?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Thu May 19, 2022 4:14 am

Well, I played Qli a LONG time ago. That being said, after quite a few match ups against Dragonmaid on Master Duel I'd say Dragonmaid Sheou would more than likely hurt you more implying they set up multi negate boards, otherwise I'd pick House Dragonmaid.

As a recommendation, I'd run Anchamoufrite in Qli. Draw + Tribute Fodder, and considering you can run Trampolynx you'd have access to non qli monsters from the extra deck.

Implying you don't have much use for the extra deck, having Ghost Reaper & Cherry Blossoms as options alongside Lose 1 Turn is perfectly fine. Though I'd question why you'd run that when you can instead run Skill Drain. I mean you can run both if you really wanted.

And yes, what you're doing is allowed :P

The other biggest card you'd have to worry about is Dragonmaid Tidying.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #3 by Lil Oldman » Thu May 19, 2022 4:27 am

Renji Asuka wrote:Well, I played Qli a LONG time ago. That being said, after quite a few match ups against Dragonmaid on Master Duel I'd say Dragonmaid Sheou would more than likely hurt you more implying they set up multi negate boards, otherwise I'd pick House Dragonmaid.

As a recommendation, I'd run Anchamoufrite in Qli. Draw + Tribute Fodder, and considering you can run Trampolynx you'd have access to non qli monsters from the extra deck.

Implying you don't have much use for the extra deck, having Ghost Reaper & Cherry Blossoms as options alongside Lose 1 Turn is perfectly fine. Though I'd question why you'd run that when you can instead run Skill Drain. I mean you can run both if you really wanted.

And yes, what you're doing is allowed :P

The other biggest card you'd have to worry about is Dragonmaid Tidying.

Thanks on the recomnendations. I did use trampolinx at one point, but I think the potential draws monolith gives are more valuable than the extra search with the bounced Scout.
And I do consider Skill Drain and Lose 1 Turn, but I like Lose 1 Turn more because I can use it more often without worrying on screwing myself over with Towers.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Return to “Deck Discussions”