No, There isn't a "Judge Problem" there's a Player Problem.

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Earl /ygo
Mood:

Re: No, There isn't a "Judge Problem" there's a Player Problem.

Post #21 by Earl /ygo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:22 pm

It's pretty common knowledge that the average Duelingbook player is dim-witted, especially at the lower ranks. The general consensus is to grind to the top before you start seeing more skilled opponents, but lately I don't even think that's the case.

ominous

Post #22 by ominous » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:25 pm

Earl /ygo wrote:It's pretty common knowledge that the average Duelingbook player is dim-witted, especially at the lower ranks. The general consensus is to grind to the top before you start seeing more skilled opponents, but lately I don't even think that's the case.

id argue its the opposite, the further up you go in rating, the more full-of-themselves your opponents get and become less likely to acknowledge a ruling against them, while dueling against someone who doesnt know what theyre doing is a bad experience, dueling against someone who stubbornly refuses theyre wrong is a different beast entirely.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

h2o2

Post #23 by h2o2 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:46 pm

If there are enough Judges, why are the reports i've sent not getting resolved? Even after MONTHS of being sent in?!

ominous

Post #24 by ominous » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:13 pm

h2o2 wrote:If there are enough Judges, why are the reports i've sent not getting resolved? Even after MONTHS of being sent in?!

Maybe because the things youre reporting arent worth immediate action, or theyve already been dealt with. Could also be, like i said in the Original post, there is 3 times the amount of work as there should be for judges to shift through?

Be an adult, Solve your own problems, stop relying on others to do it for you.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

h2o2

Post #25 by h2o2 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:38 pm

so you say, harressment is not a topic worth reporting? and if they were already resolved, why didnt i get an apropriate notification?

Christen57

Post #26 by Christen57 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:52 pm

h2o2 wrote:so you say, harressment is not a topic worth reporting? and if they were already resolved, why didnt i get an apropriate notification?

Reports can take weeks before they're responded to. You need to wait. Nobody said harassment shouldn't be reported.

Sound4

Post #27 by Sound4 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:59 pm

Christen57 wrote:
h2o2 wrote:so you say, harressment is not a topic worth reporting? and if they were already resolved, why didnt i get an apropriate notification?

Reports can take weeks before they're responded to. You need to wait. Nobody said harassment shouldn't be reported.

No that is a complete lie that Genexwrecker made up. "oh there are thousands of reports" No there isn't both of my appeals were literally replied within the next day.

Sound4

Post #28 by Sound4 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:02 pm

ominous wrote:
h2o2 wrote:If there are enough Judges, why are the reports i've sent not getting resolved? Even after MONTHS of being sent in?!

Maybe because the things youre reporting arent worth immediate action, or theyve already been dealt with. Could also be, like i said in the Original post, there is 3 times the amount of work as there should be for judges to shift through?

How is that Derbabaus guy not banned? Have you not seen him in past tournaments using extremely inappropriate language which is against DB rules? My report was almost a month ago yet still no response. I also provided a screenshot. Both of my appeals were replied within the next day which says that these appeals don't take long to do. They are relatively simplistic.

Christen57

Post #29 by Christen57 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:25 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

No that is a complete lie that Genexwrecker made up. "oh there are thousands of reports" No there isn't both of my appeals were literally replied within the next day.

Reports and appeals are 2 separate things and are handled separately. There can be many reports but very few appeals, meaning appeals would be answered much faster, which would explain why your appeals got handled so quickly.

How is that Derbabaus guy not banned? Have you not seen him in past tournaments using extremely inappropriate language which is against DB rules?

I currently don't pay attention to what goes on in tournaments so you're going to need to share screenshots or replays or something of this guy using said language.

Genexwrecker

Post #30 by Genexwrecker » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:20 pm

There are maybe 1 or 2 ban or freeze appeals submitted each day. There are dozens of abuse reports filed each day. Most abuse reports are junk that we have to file through to find the actual reports. One takes far longer to get to than the other.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

greg503

Post #31 by greg503 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:17 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Appeals =/= reports, they are literally 2 different forum topics.
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #32 by Christen57 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:21 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:There are maybe 1 or 2 ban or freeze appeals submitted each day. There are dozens of abuse reports filed each day. Most abuse reports are junk that we have to file through to find the actual reports. One takes far longer to get to than the other.

Isn't it against the rules to file bogus reports? When people do that, they're wasting their own time and judges' time because judges, like you said, have to sift through them to get to the real reports instead of just being able to jump right to said real reports.

Genexwrecker

Post #33 by Genexwrecker » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:42 pm

We have no rules against silly reports. If they spam we can just ban them.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Sound4

Post #34 by Sound4 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:40 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Reports and appeals are 2 separate things and are handled separately. There can be many reports but very few appeals, meaning appeals would be answered much faster, which would explain why your appeals got handled so quickly.

How is that Derbabaus guy not banned? Have you not seen him in past tournaments using extremely inappropriate language which is against DB rules?

I currently don't pay attention to what goes on in tournaments so you're going to need to share screenshots or replays or something of this guy using said language.

I can't they were deleted but a judge can look back through his tournament replays especially against Spaghoot.

Christen57

Post #35 by Christen57 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:54 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:We have no rules against silly reports. If they spam we can just ban them.

Sound4 suggests you look through this tournament he's referring to to see if some user named Derbabaus was saying things against the rules.

ominous

Post #36 by ominous » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:32 pm

Sound4 wrote:
ominous wrote:

How is that Derbabaus guy not banned? Have you not seen him in past tournaments using extremely inappropriate language which is against DB rules? My report was almost a month ago yet still no response. I also provided a screenshot. Both of my appeals were replied within the next day which says that these appeals don't take long to do. They are relatively simplistic.

Probably because, "inappropriate language" isnt actually in the rules... Closes is "unsportsmanlike conduct" or "harassment" which, unless its rated, or done in public chat, isnt enforceable. Judges already deal with more than they should, we should expect them to police unrated duels, it would be like expecting the judge at your local card shop to punish someone for cheating in a play-ground duel. If they "hurt your feelings" block them, advise your participants to do the same, the judges have no obligation to deal with your meek sensibilities.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

ominous

Post #37 by ominous » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:32 pm

Sound4 wrote:
ominous wrote:

Probably because, "inappropriate language" isnt actually in the rules... Closest is "unsportsmanlike conduct" or "harassment" which, unless its rated, or done in public chat, isnt enforceable. Judges already deal with more than they should, we should expect them to police unrated duels, it would be like expecting the judge at your local card shop to punish someone for cheating in a play-ground duel. If they "hurt your feelings" block them, advise your participants to do the same, the judges have no obligation to deal with your meek sensibilities.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Return to “Serious Discussions”