I will use this thread for saving and sharing replays with others

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Futuregamer

Re: I will use this thread for saving and sharing replays with others

Post #1581 by Futuregamer » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:42 am

Hm... Interesting ruling, I always thought the idea was you use Spoofing as Cl2 for example, then trigger its effect as Cl3. My bad then, you're right if that is how that works.

Futuregamer

Post #1582 by Futuregamer » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:57 am

Btw don't mean to spam, but I just finished this one, and...
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=76788-31798543

3.5 hours of stalling.

By a Mystic Mine player, obviously.

greg503

Post #1583 by greg503 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:20 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Futuregamer wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
[1:32] Activated Set "Personal Spoofing" in S-4
[1:33] Declared effect of "Personal Spoofing" in S-4
[1:34] Returned "Altergeist Meluseek" from M-3 to top of deck
[1:36] Shuffled deck
[1:37] "resp?"

[1:44] Activated Set "Dark Bribe" in S-5
[1:45] Pointed at "Personal Spoofing" in S-4

[1:47] Viewed deck
[1:51] Special Summoned "Altergeist Meluseek" from Deck to M-3 (ATK)

You made an illegal play here, Futuregamer. You should not have brought back the Altergeist Meluseek from the deck after shuffling it into the deck for Personal Spoofing's cost. Once you pay the cost to activate Personal Spoofing's effect, that cost does not get refunded, even if the activation/effect of Personal Spoofing itself is negated.

At least you still won though.

Not sure why people lately have such a problem with this ruling. It also happened yesterday. Dark Bribe negates the activation of the card, not the effect, Personal Spoofing never had a chance trigger its effect.

Dark Bribe is a SS3 as a counter trap, and it activates only in response to Spoofing's initial activation as a card, not its effect, therefore, I could not possibly have a timing window to use spoofing's effect.

Look at the yugipedia article I linked. It specifically says "As long as they both meet their activation timings, a Continuous Trap Card and exactly one of its Trigger-like Effects or Quick-like Effects can be activated during the same Chain Link."

In other words, there are 2 ways you can activate a set Personal Spoofing. The first way is that you can activate the set card, but choose not to also activate it's search effect. In that case, when the opponent activates Dark Bribe in response, Personal Spoofing's card activation is negated, but you never chose to use it's search effect so you would never shuffle anything into the deck for cost.

However, the second way is that you can activate the the set Personal Spoofing and choose to also activate it's search effect in the same chain link, meaning if you activate your set Personal Spoofing as chain link 1 and decide that you want to also activate it's search effect immediately, that search effect will also be chain link 1 (meaning both the activation of the set Personal Spoofing and the activation of Personal Spoofing's search effect will be chain link 1), and since you're using the search effect, you're paying the cost by shuffling the Altergeist card into the deck, so if the opponent chains Dark Bribe in this scenario as chain link 2 since a set trap was activated, Personal Spoofing's activation will be negated, but since you still chose to also activate Personal Spoofing's search effect as chain link 1 by shuffling your Altergeist card into the deck, that cost is still paid, but Dark Bribe negates Personal Spoofing's card activation, and now you don't get the search off of that negated Personal Spoofing.

Last I checked, you can't search with Spoofing at the time you activate it, it needs to resolve first.
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #1584 by Christen57 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:13 pm

Futuregamer wrote:Btw don't mean to spam, but I just finished this one, and...
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=76788-31798543

3.5 hours of stalling.

By a Mystic Mine player, obviously.

Well he's frozen now.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #1585 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:49 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=436556-31822231
This guy (blue player) use the NSFW materials own custom cards, it must be reported and banned.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

greg503

Post #1586 by greg503 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:21 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=436556-31822231
This guy (blue player) use the NSFW materials own custom cards, it must be reported and banned.

Did you use posting.php?mode=post&f=7
Buy Floowandereeze

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #1587 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:01 am

greg503 wrote:

Send it
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist

Cit.

Futuregamer

Post #1588 by Futuregamer » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:03 am

While I don't support such crude and immature choices for images, your cards are way worse.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #1589 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:01 am

Futuregamer wrote:

While I don't support such crude and immature choices for images, your cards are way worse.

Useless critique

Cit.

greg503

Post #1590 by greg503 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:54 am

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Send it

I'll take that as a yes
Buy Floowandereeze

Futuregamer

Post #1591 by Futuregamer » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:04 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=76788-31891226
"So now I've got a question for you... Would you like these clones to use Susano'o or not?"

Zack223
Mood:

Post #1592 by Zack223 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:28 am

Zacian best Pokemon he is fucking cool

james123
Mood:

Post #1593 by james123 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:39 am

Unlike Christen, I make Support for Archetypes before then even hit TCG Grounds like this Xiangjian Support I made https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=90641-31919449

Futuregamer

Post #1594 by Futuregamer » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 am

Zack223 wrote:Aprill being you know what https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=31910005

Ooph, this was a mess. While Hohobig should have declared properly, he was in the right there, it's not his fault the opponent DC'ed and then threw a tantrum over it. I completely disagree with the judges issuing warning for mere insults as well, it's part of the game. If a player can't handle people being meanies on the internet, they need to grow some b... Backbone.

Edit: They just started game 2 and April, the guy crying, is playing Mystic Mine. "Well imagine my shock!"

Christen57

Post #1595 by Christen57 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:40 pm

Futuregamer wrote:
Zack223 wrote:Aprill being you know what https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=31910005

I completely disagree with the judges issuing warning for mere insults as well, it's part of the game. If a player can't handle people being meanies on the internet, they need to grow some b... Backbone.

Judges don't want players using the chat for anything unrelated to the duel, such as personal insults, which is why judges end up giving warnings over that stuff and even game losses to players who take it too far with that stuff. Any personal issues a player wishes to address with their opponent should be saved for after the duel is over.

Both players in this duel were in the wrong in my opinion. Hohobig was in the wrong for not using the Declare button to declare Nyannyan's effect and instead just saying "ny" and "mec" in the chat which could have meant anything as April pointed out, and April was in the wrong for taking at least 3 minutes after Hohobig finished resolving Nyannyan's effect to decide that April wanted to respond to that Nyannyan effect, which is too long and too late in my opinion. Then from there, both players hurled insults at each other until the judge and eventually a second judge had to order them to stop and eventually hand out penalties.

What really confuses me is where April says "I was legit on main screen stuck And couldn't reconnect forlike 3 mins" even though the log shows that April was only disconnected for like 10 seconds at most. If that really did happen, then Xteven needs to fix that so it doesn't show you as still being present in the duel when you no longer are. It does suck when you're trying to log in and duelingbook tells you you're already logged in when you know you aren't, I've had that happen to me a few times before, and the judge probably would have believed that April was screwed over by duelingbook's servers if the logs didn't also show April viewing and stop viewing the graveyard at [6:30], [6:33], [6:36], and [6:38], which would have been impossible for April to do if April really was kicked at that time.

I guess the lesson here is that while you can't control how laggy duelingbook gets at times, you can control your attitude as well as the words you say, and neither of these players controlled their attitudes or the words they said.

There was no point in April complaining that April would get a freeze while Hohobig would just get a warning. Once you start calling your opponent names just because your opponent called you names, you're rolling the dice at that point, and then the duel will end with either one of you or both of you getting a freeze or game loss, depending on what the judge feels is best. You don't break the rules just because other people are breaking them.

Zack223
Mood:

Post #1596 by Zack223 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:07 pm

Futuregamer wrote:

Ooph, this was a mess. While Hohobig should have declared properly, he was in the right there, it's not his fault the opponent DC'ed and then threw a tantrum over it. I completely disagree with the judges issuing warning for mere insults as well, it's part of the game. If a player can't handle people being meanies on the internet, they need to grow some b... Backbone.

Edit: They just started game 2 and April, the guy crying, is playing Mystic Mine. "Well imagine my shock!"

Your Right about yhat

Zack223
Mood:

Post #1597 by Zack223 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:11 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Futuregamer wrote:

I completely disagree with the judges issuing warning for mere insults as well, it's part of the game. If a player can't handle people being meanies on the internet, they need to grow some b... Backbone.

Judges don't want players using the chat for anything unrelated to the duel, such as personal insults, which is why judges end up giving warnings over that stuff and even game losses to players who take it too far with that stuff. Any personal issues a player wishes to address with their opponent should be saved for after the duel is over.

Both players in this duel were in the wrong in my opinion. Hohobig was in the wrong for not using the Declare button to declare Nyannyan's effect and instead just saying "ny" and "mec" in the chat which could have meant anything as April pointed out, and April was in the wrong for taking at least 3 minutes after Hohobig finished resolving Nyannyan's effect to decide that April wanted to respond to that Nyannyan effect, which is too long and too late in my opinion. Then from there, both players hurled insults at each other until the judge and eventually a second judge had to order them to stop and eventually hand out penalties.

What really confuses me is where April says "I was legit on main screen stuck And couldn't reconnect forlike 3 mins" even though the log shows that April was only disconnected for like 10 seconds at most. If that really did happen, then Xteven needs to fix that so it doesn't show you as still being present in the duel when you no longer are. It does suck when you're trying to log in and duelingbook tells you you're already logged in when you know you aren't, I've had that happen to me a few times before, and the judge probably would have believed that April was screwed over by duelingbook's servers if the logs didn't also show April viewing and stop viewing the graveyard at [6:30], [6:33], [6:36], and [6:38], which would have been impossible for April to do if April really was kicked at that time.

I guess the lesson here is that while you can't control how laggy duelingbook gets at times, you can control your attitude as well as the words you say, and neither of these players controlled their attitudes or the words they said.

There was no point in April complaining that April would get a freeze while Hohobig would just get a warning. Once you start calling your opponent names just because your opponent called you names, you're rolling the dice at that point, and then the duel will end with either one of you or both of you getting a freeze or game loss, depending on what the judge feels is best. You don't break the rules just because other people are breaking them.

I don't Disagree with you Chris Everyone one HATES April! and thats why I hate her too!

Zack223
Mood:

Post #1598 by Zack223 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:12 pm

Hey Futhergamer I got another Mystic Miner against a True Draco Player https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=31964224

Christen57

Post #1599 by Christen57 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:54 pm

Zack223 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Futuregamer wrote:I completely disagree with the judges issuing warning for mere insults as well, it's part of the game. If a player can't handle people being meanies on the internet, they need to grow some b... Backbone.

I don't Disagree with you Chris Everyone one HATES April! and thats why I hate her too!

Why is April hated so much? Is he as bad as CrystalMusic?

Return to “Spam Paradise”