Public display of cheating allowed in DB, and shown on Youtube.

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Ingeniero

Public display of cheating allowed in DB, and shown on Youtube.

Post #1 by Ingeniero » Wed May 05, 2021 6:37 am

Today I would like to start a discussion on cheating. Not accidental, but intentional cheating, and why it is ignored by every single moderator in the platform.

The user I’m referring to is Farfa. Farfa is a known streamer and yugituber, mainly on the less-serious side of the community. He had some good series of videos on Youtube, meme content and such, but in this thread I’ll be discussing the one regarding this platform.
Farfa (Not going to mention his real name for obvious reasons) shows many instances of cheating in his videos. He makes a show out of it. When confronted about this, he arguments “It’s just a joke man”. Some of the many, really many, instances of cheating include:

• Illegal plays followed by “Accepted gamestate”, or “Is too late”. Reference Link 5 is the first instance I found. Another instance is Reference Link 7.
  • Pressuring the opponent into committing misplays. (Reference link 2)
  • Pressuring the opponent into forfeiting. (Reference Link 7)
  • Inventing terms just for confusion’s sake. (Reference Link 2)
  • Inventing mechanics for confusion’s sake (Reference Link 5)
  • Confusing the opponent if they don’t speak English properly. (Reference Link 5)
  • Confusing the opponent if they don’t have experience. (Reference Link 6)
  • Leaving an ongoing match. (Reference Link 1 and 4)
  • Mocking the judge (Pick a video)
  • Harassing and insulting. (Reference Link 6 and 7)
  • Baiting and trolling. (Many of the listed references, latest video (8) is a good example)

That would be more than enough to get any person banned in any other platform, not only Yugioh related, but this is where it gets weird; He was banned and unbanned many times, but he faced no repercussion after being reinstated. I understand the mockery is a big part of what gave him the internet “fame”, and I see why he keeps going, as he does bad things but nobody does/says a thing.
Is it because he is promoting the platform? Is it because he draws players in? Is there something I’m not seeing? He openly admits to cheating in many videos. It’s like a recurring joke now.

He gets preferential treatment, and I don’t think this can be argued. In this video titled “I took on 3 judges” (RL3) not only he can appeal one time (Which is permitted, similar to official tournaments, to the HJ), but appeal twice, and make a show out of this, while wasting the opponent’s time, the first judge, the second one, and the last one. In the RL1 he literally calls a judge to lift his ban earlier while mocking the appeal system. That worked, by the way. It's baffling.

We can ignore the "casual" constant racism, as most of those comments are said in the video, and not in the chat.
We can also avoid speaking on every one of his subs harrasing anyone Farfa plays on the ladder and dislikes, as that can’t be proven to be provoked directly by his actions (Although it can be seen clearly, in my opinion).

I’m not seeking blood, and I don’t think every misplay or illegal play has ill intent in it, but I don’t see how anyone can argue in his favor. The proof is here for anyone to see.
I just need to know how this is allowed, so any comment will be appreciated. This took me longer than expected, but the more I kept searching, the more I found. Reference links are listed below.

Reference link 1: Getting BANNED from Dueling Book... again [Best of Farfa Highlights]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8AWzEj5H34
Reference link 2: BANNED from Yu-Gi-Oh! Dueling Book because "WRONG CHAIN"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa1QRfpl3GA
Reference link 3: I took on THREE JUDGES!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqSJCBbEt3Q
Reference Link 4: I tried to break Mystic Mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDLZfeTF__U
Reference Link 5: Why Farfa is the best YugiTuber duelist!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSmQIW3rJzQ
Reference Link 6: Yu-Gi-Oh! "Inherent Jinzo" Confused Low Rated Duelists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfU14SHRh7c
Reference Link 7: Why do you have to be mad? It's just Yu-Gi-Oh!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdCooAmDIo4
Reference Link 8: I tried to break Deckout. (Latest video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dLKqsO3wVE

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Wed May 05, 2021 7:42 am

Its clearly not tolerated that is why we banned him multiple times. What planet are you living on?

Also the rest of it is you being salty thet dont act like a perfect human being. They can be rude or disrespectful at times with their form of humor but it cant hurt anyone.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Ingeniero

Post #3 by Ingeniero » Wed May 05, 2021 3:49 pm

"Its clearly not tolerated that is why we banned him multiple times. What planet are you living on?"
I mentioned that, and I also mentioned that he came back as if nothing happened. Did you read the whole post?

"Also the rest of it is you being salty thet dont act like a perfect human being."
It really isn't. I extensively showed how he broke the rules many times, and you are saying I can't mention them because "Nobody is perfect"? What are you even saying? it's not being perfect; It's not being a terrible person.

"They can be rude or disrespectful at times with their form of humor but it cant hurt anyone."
I'm interested in this mainly. What do you mean "It cant hurt anyone"?

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Wed May 05, 2021 3:58 pm

It literally cannot harm anyone. Words arent bullets.
And how somebody reacts to coming off a ban isnt really our concern nor yours. When rules were broken they recieved the appropriate penalties just like every other user.

Ingeniero

Post #5 by Ingeniero » Wed May 05, 2021 6:41 pm

"It literally cannot harm anyone. Words arent bullets."
Is this the 80s? At the beginning I didn't think this was a troll, but now I do.

"And how somebody reacts to coming off a ban isnt really our concern nor yours."
What about reiterating cheats with no intent of ever changing? Is that up your alley?

"When rules were broken they recieved the appropriate penalties just like every other user."
Again, factually wrong, as clearly stated in the OP.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #6 by troglyte » Wed May 05, 2021 7:49 pm

This is probably the greatest shit-post of all time.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Genexwrecker

Post #7 by Genexwrecker » Wed May 05, 2021 8:59 pm

There is nothing wrong with then being a troll move on.

If they break the rules they will be penalized for it as stated twice already

And factually correct. Unlike you I have users db records i can check for things. Everytime farfa has broken the rules they were penalized.

Ingeniero

Post #8 by Ingeniero » Wed May 05, 2021 11:11 pm

"There is nothing wrong with then being a troll move on."
So you agree you are trolling? What is going on here?

"If they break the rules they will be penalized for it as stated twice already"
You say that but I have shown otherwise, plenty.

"And factually correct. Unlike you I have users db records i can check for things. Everytime farfa has broken the rules they were penalized."
Have you seen the links I posted? I'm not going to feed the troll any longer, which you admitted being, in one of the biggest Freudian Slips I have seen in a long time.

greg503

Post #9 by greg503 » Wed May 05, 2021 11:37 pm

Someone make him read this thread on stream
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #10 by Genexwrecker » Thu May 06, 2021 12:26 am

Ingeniero wrote:"There is nothing wrong with then being a troll move on."

"And factually correct. Unlike you I have users db records i can check for things. Everytime farfa has broken the rules they were penalized."
Have you seen the links I posted? I'm not going to feed the troll any longer, which you admitted being, in one of the biggest Freudian Slips I have seen in a long time.

I have access to far more information than you. stop being an sjw.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #11 by Lil Oldman » Thu May 06, 2021 1:43 am

Genexwrecker wrote:I have access to far more information than you. stop being an sjw.

sjw? :|
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Ingeniero

Post #12 by Ingeniero » Thu May 06, 2021 2:28 am

I don't think he knows what a SJW is, and I have never been called a leftist before (Which 99% of SJWs are) but I guess there's a first time for everything.

Maybe basic human decency is too much to ask?
#ohboyiguessimtriggeredsotriggeredicantevenrightnow

KTeknis

Post #13 by KTeknis » Thu May 06, 2021 2:31 am

It kinda make's me wonder, is there an IP Ban in DB?
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #14 by Lil Oldman » Thu May 06, 2021 2:43 am

Ingeniero wrote:I don't think he knows what a SJW is, and I have never been called a leftist before (Which 99% of SJWs are) but I guess there's a first time for everything.

Maybe basic human decency is too much to ask?
#ohboyiguessimtriggeredsotriggeredicantevenrightnow

leftist? :|
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Genexwrecker

Post #15 by Genexwrecker » Thu May 06, 2021 2:57 am

KTeknis wrote:It kinda make's me wonder, is there an IP Ban in DB?

yes

KTeknis

Post #16 by KTeknis » Thu May 06, 2021 3:07 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
KTeknis wrote:It kinda make's me wonder, is there an IP Ban in DB?

yes

Welp, thanks for the reply.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Wek

Post #17 by Wek » Fri May 07, 2021 1:45 pm

Ingeniero wrote:"There is nothing wrong with then being a troll move on."

They didn't type that they were a troll. "There is nothing wrong with then being a troll" was probably "there is nothing wrong with them being a troll, the n being a typo for m, which is right next to it.

PENMASTER

Post #18 by PENMASTER » Sat May 15, 2021 4:02 am

I mean yall didn't ban him if his main is still here plus the amount of what he does would deserve a real ban, not a freeze, and pls call it what it is or a temp ban its misleading ( to genex)and on the other side (to OP) I haven't heard him be racist I'm not denying it but could you link a clip or something and on that note called an sjw you don't seem like one you have proof for your claims pretty good reasoning and you aren't batshit crazy and you seem rational and after this, he really deserves a real ban, not a freeze plus he thinks getting banned is a joke anyway. plus i have seen bans and freezes for much less also expose distant coder next fuckin hate that guy
love2hate

Genexwrecker

Post #19 by Genexwrecker » Sat May 15, 2021 5:19 am

users who get banned for less usually arent the only account that person has. farfa has been frozen everytime they break the rules and said rules are applied to them in spades. and we have banned streamers permanently if they are just an issue on duelingbook they are no different than any other user and not immune to consequneces. while you guys have seen other things he does on twitch we arent going to ban somebody for acitons taken not on our platform. The penalties were appropriately given and any incorrect penalties which was 1 time was retracted and fixed.ever since their last freeze I have not seen anything that would require me to take action on db.

Ingeniero

Post #20 by Ingeniero » Mon May 17, 2021 12:31 am

@PENMASTER
The racist bit is maybe the one that bothers me less. It's only annoying that he mocks every non-english speaker. "Is too late" mocking the french, "Fala Galera" mocking the Brazilians, and with spanish, well, pick a video.
Assuming they are sincere, I appreciate your words. I kept answering to that moderator and now I see he has a Gardevoir pron picture, so I take the blame for taking him seriously. I guess I only see the best in people when I can.
Regarding DistantCoder, I have watched maybe 2 or 3 videos ever and, well, I can't explain how he's still a judge here. I'm not going into that rabbit hile. I guess it's one of those situation where basic ruling knowledge gets you far, like the old TCG judge program where the "hardest" question was "Can you negate Mystic Tomato with Royal Oppresion?"
No, no you cannot.

Return to “Serious Discussions”