Seeing As SOMEHOW People STILL DONT GET THIS!

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Seeing As SOMEHOW People STILL DONT GET THIS!

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:25 pm

Let Me Help You Out Here With The Following Scenario:

When My Duel Note Says: "Self-made Custom Cards Only. No Pends or Spam Summon."

This means:
1: Self-made Custom Cards Only Means; Every Single Card In Your Deck Must Be Custom. All Custom Cards Must Be Made By You (Not an Alt, Not a Friend, YOU - The Current Account You Are Logged Into)
2: No Spam Summon means; No More Than 2 SS Per Turn
3: No Pends Means; No Pendulums

Then; Theres This Little Thing You Can Do If You Are Uncertain Of The Rules For My Duels: Ask! Its Not That Hard To PM Me And Say: "Hey, I Don't Understand Your Rules, Could You Explain Them To Me?"

Its Your Job To Notify Me That You Don't Understand My Rules. Why? Simple. How Am I Supposed To Know If You Do Or Don't Understand Them (The Rules To My Duel) Unless You Notify Me First? I Will Gladly Explain My Rules, But You Have To Do Your Part Too By Asking Me To Explain My Rules.

If You Cant Do These Simple Things, Do Not Duel Me. Simple As That!

Have A Nice Day!

Also, From Now On I Will Be Reporting Anyone Who Comments Negatively On My Posts When My Post (Or My Replies) Had Nothing Negative To Begin With! You All Were Told By Runzy: If You Dont Like Me Or My Posts: Ignore Me And My Posts And Move On!
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

DuskWill

Post #2 by DuskWill » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:43 pm

Just for a heads up, title case should be reserved for titles, not the whole text. Otherwise it's quite vexing for many people, myself included.

Other than that, I don't think people will read this in the forum before playing against you. From what I've seen in replays, most of your opponents seem to be newcomers, so they're likely to not check every feature. Not to mention even some experienced players never really ventured around here.

Perhaps if you find some groups or form one yourself to duel in customs you would be more successful.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:45 pm

DuskWill wrote:Just for a heads up, title case should be reserved for titles, not the whole text. Otherwise it's quite vexing for many people, myself included.

Other than that, I don't think people will read this in the forum before playing against you. From what I've seen in replays, most of your opponents seem to be newcomers, so they're likely to not check every feature. Not to mention even some experienced players never really ventured around here.

Perhaps if you find some groups or form one yourself to duel in customs you would be more successful.

Then its simple: i wont duel against anyone who has less than 10 XP
OR
I wont accept anyone who doesnt notify me (PM ME) that they have read and are going to obey my rules
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #4 by Lil Oldman » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:50 pm

why don't ya make a discord server or something with the name "Old School format" so you can finally enjoy your format, similar to us, custom players who find it hard to find good opponents. Unless. . . Nah. . . or is it?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

DuskWill

Post #5 by DuskWill » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:56 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:Just for a heads up, title case should be reserved for titles, not the whole text. Otherwise it's quite vexing for many people, myself included.

Then its simple: i wont duel against anyone who has less than 10 XP

It's a bit weird applying rated values for custom cards, but whatever works for you. There will still be the chance of facing veterans who remain oblivious to the forum, though.
This is...

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:05 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:why don't ya make a discord server or something with the name "Old School format" so you can finally enjoy your format, similar to us, custom players who find it hard to find good opponents. Unless. . . Nah. . . or is it?

1: i no longer use discord because its stupid
2: discord wont let me make a server, thats why its stupid!

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:11 pm

and seeing as DB has about 1300 daily users that are actually active, and my block list has about 600 ppl blocked because they disobeyed my rules - or are down right trolls (thats almost 50% of the userbase) and due to my rules (and my profile and false rep) do you have any idea how hard it is to get a duel?

Slitina

Post #8 by Slitina » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:13 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:why don't ya make a discord server or something with the name "Old School format" so you can finally enjoy your format, similar to us, custom players who find it hard to find good opponents. Unless. . . Nah. . . or is it?
if he made a server wouldn’t there be like one person lmao and in addition he would do a lot of aa’ing
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

DuskWill

Post #9 by DuskWill » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:13 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

Weird, I never heard of such issue. What kind of message does it display? Or rather, what sort of reaction the software does (or doesn't) when you click the + circle button that creates a server?
This is...

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #10 by CrystalMusic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:16 pm

DuskWill wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Weird, I never heard of such issue. What kind of message does it display? Or rather, what sort of reaction the software does (or doesn't) when you click the + circle button of creating a server?

it doesnt display any message. it just plain wont let me make a server. thats why i no longer use the app. it also wont let me join anyone. i didnt do anything to be banned from discord. i never joined anyone, and i never made anything, yet i cant make one or join one. this is why i hate the app. its stupid! i did nothing yet i cant even use the most basic function of the app: joining or creating a community!

NiwatoriFTW

Post #11 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:19 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:and seeing as DB has about 1300 daily users that are actually active, and my block list has about 600 ppl blocked because they disobeyed my rules - or are down right trolls (thats almost 50% of the userbase) and due to my rules (and my profile and false rep) do you have any idea how hard it is to get a duel?

Well, if your rules and your reputation are the main issue... maybe it's time to do something about them yourself. I won't call the rep false, since that's basically how people perceives you through your actions, but that can be changed too, if you put some effort.

DuskWill

Post #12 by DuskWill » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:20 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Weird, I never heard of such issue. What kind of message does it display? Or rather, what sort of reaction the software does (or doesn't) when you click the + circle button of creating a server?

it doesnt display any message. it just plain wont let me make a server. thats why i no longer use the app. it also wont let me join anyone. i didnt do anything to be banned from discord. i never joined anyone, and i never made anything, yet i cant make one or join one. this is why i hate the app. its stupid! i did nothing yet i cant even use the most basic function of the app: joining or creating a community!

Can you provide some screenshots or some other visual evidence? From the desktop software, that is. Maybe we can work something out from that.
Last edited by DuskWill on Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is...

Debt

Post #13 by Debt » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:23 pm

Just make your own game.

Crystalmusic wrote:and seeing as DB has about 1300 daily users that are actually active, and my block list has about 600 ppl blocked because they disobeyed my rules - or are down right trolls (thats almost 50% of the userbase) and due to my rules (and my profile and false rep) do you have any idea how hard it is to get a duel?

You can either be content with not getting any duels or you can make your rules reasonable.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #14 by CrystalMusic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:24 pm

DuskWill wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:Weird, I never heard of such issue. What kind of message does it display? Or rather, what sort of reaction the software does (or doesn't) when you click the + circle button of creating a server?

Can you provide some screenshots or some other visual evidence? From the desktop software, that is. Maybe we can work something out from the displayed messages.

it keeps saying new login location detected. it wont let me log in!

DuskWill

Post #15 by DuskWill » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:28 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Can you provide some screenshots or some other visual evidence? From the desktop software, that is. Maybe we can work something out from the displayed messages.

Well, you just need to check your e-mail or the two-factor authentication software to finish logging in.
https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/co ... tification

https://twitter.com/discord/status/962674151944343554

I've found those two links that helps to implement that 2FA support on Discord.
This is...

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #16 by CrystalMusic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:34 pm

DuskWill wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:Can you provide some screenshots or some other visual evidence? From the desktop software, that is. Maybe we can work something out from the displayed messages.

Well, you just need to check your e-mail or the two-factor authentication software to finish logging in.
https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/co ... tification

https://twitter.com/discord/status/962674151944343554

I've found those two links that helps to implement that 2FA support on Discord.

ok done. now im on. Im making my own server "Duelingbook Custom Cards and Oldschool"

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #17 by Lil Oldman » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:39 pm

Good luck! Hope ya find someone with ya own likes!
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Debt

Post #18 by Debt » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:43 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Good luck! Hope ya find someone with ya own likes!

I think it'd be a good thing for crystal to find a group of people willing and eager to play to his absurd demands instead of harassing randos, but realistically he's poisoned his reputation so much that the only people who'll frequent his server would be trolls.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #19 by CrystalMusic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:45 pm

this is confusing! why cant they keep things simple by only having the following options:
1: name your community
2: what is your community about
3: community roles

they got all this extra crap i dont care about or dont understand such as:
Emojis (dont care about those!)
Integrations and Webhook (whatever the hell a webhook is!)
Widgets (whatever the heck those are!)
Server Template (Whatever the heck that means!)

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #20 by CrystalMusic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:46 pm

Debt wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Good luck! Hope ya find someone with ya own likes!

I think it'd be a good thing for crystal to find a group of people willing and eager to play to his absurd demands instead of harassing randos, but realistically he's poisoned his reputation so much that the only people who'll frequent his server would be trolls.

then ill just ban the trolls from my discord server, simple as that!

Return to “Spam Paradise”