2 cards made to counter those who "Abuse" Dark Hole & Heavy Storm

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrystalMusic
Mood:

2 cards made to counter those who "Abuse" Dark Hole & Heavy Storm

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:21 am

Most players only activate "Heavy Storm" when only their opponent controls Spells/Traps
Most players only activate "Dark Hole" when only their opponent controls Monsters

These cards counters those kinds of players and quite simply reverses the effects of "Dark Hole" & "Heavy Storm" to only destroy cards on the same side of the field as the player who activated "Dark Hole" and "Heavy Storm" instead of both players. Then it changes the effect of any "Dark Hole" or Heavy Storm" played later on to only destroy cards on the same side of the field as the player who activated it:
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1887929
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1887921

BTW these are public!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #2 by Darkraiclone » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:31 am

Okay, and what if your opponent plays Lightning Storm and blows them both up?
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

DuskWill

Post #3 by DuskWill » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:40 am

Why not just run Starlight Road?
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #4 by CrystalMusic » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:59 am

DuskWill wrote:Why not just run Starlight Road?

because its not as effective as my cards are. all you get is a 2500 atk dragon that can tribute itself to negate a card that lists "Destroy" in its effect and then it comes back at the EP. mine reverses the effects permanently
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #5 by Darkraiclone » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:03 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

because its not as effective as my cards are. all you get is a 2500 atk dragon that can tribute itself to negate a card that lists "Destroy" in its effect and then it comes back at the EP. mine reverses the effects permanently

Except you have alternatives such as Raigeki, Harpies Feather Duster, and Lightining Storm that makes these cards virtually useless.

Debt

Post #6 by Debt » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:07 am

CrystalMusic wrote:because its not as effective as my cards are. all you get is a 2500 atk dragon that can tribute itself to negate a card that lists "Destroy" in its effect and then it comes back at the EP. mine reverses the effects permanently

Stardust summoned by Starlight Road wouldn't come back at EP because it wasn't summoned properly. But that's besides the point, your evaluation is laughably incorrect.

1. A 2500 body for free is nothing to scoff at. But you don't see the game properly so you think 2500 atk is insignificant when it runs over the majority of the game.
2. Starlight Road answers more cards than just Heavy Storm and Dark Hole
3. Stardust's effect can negate things other than mass destruction
4. It's highly unlikely that an opponent will use more than 1 heavy or 2 dark holes so countering those cards directly is a waste
5. Cards that specifically answer 1 card have never performed well. Anti-Raigeki, White Hole, Gryphon Wing and Call of the Grave all suck because they can only answer 1 card in the entire game.
6. As continuous traps they are vulnerable to quickplay removal like MST chaining to them due to the nature of continuous spells and traps.
Last edited by Debt on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DuskWill

Post #7 by DuskWill » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:09 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

Just a reminder that the Stardust Dragon summoned by Starlight Road won't be able to summon itself back on the field in the end phase.

Perhaps a better alternative would be consider the ephemerality of cards on the field when creating your decks, so you don't have to rely on custom ones made for such specific scenarios.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Renji Asuka

Post #8 by Renji Asuka » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:22 am

Shite PSCT, extremely punishing for niche cards no one even plays.

CrystalMusic, if I pulled this kind of effect on you, I guarantee you, you WOULD NOT TOLERATE IT. Also, the first card violates your rules of not touching other players hands.

#CrystalMusicTheHypocrite
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #9 by Darkraiclone » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:25 am

Renji Asuka wrote:Shite PSCT, extremely punishing for niche cards no one even plays.

CrystalMusic, if I pulled this kind of effect on you, I guarantee you, you WOULD NOT TOLERATE IT. Also, the first card violates your rules of not touching other players hands.

Oh he never cared about the rules he makes up, especially when they stop benefiting him.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #10 by CrystalMusic » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:48 am

Renji Asuka wrote:Shite PSCT, extremely punishing for niche cards no one even plays.

that no one plays??? who the heck are you dueling that no one runs dark hole of heavy storm?

KTeknis

Post #11 by KTeknis » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:54 am

CrystalMusic wrote:that no one plays??? who the heck are you dueling that no one runs dark hole of heavy storm?

I don't run it.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Debt

Post #12 by Debt » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:59 am

CrystalMusic wrote:that no one plays??? who the heck are you dueling that no one runs dark hole of heavy storm?

No one runs Dark Hole except casuals

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #13 by Darkraiclone » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:00 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

that no one plays??? who the heck are you dueling that no one runs dark hole of heavy storm?

Oh didn't you know? In the current format, Dark Hole and Heavy Storm are no longer viable. But seeing that you don't play the current format you wouldn't know this.

Renji Asuka

Post #14 by Renji Asuka » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

Why would I play Dark Hole or Heavy Storm when I can play better cards?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Slitina

Post #15 by Slitina » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:34 pm

The activation requirement for the dark hole counter is so specific like really when your opponent has no monsters smh.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

james123
Mood:

Post #16 by james123 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:37 pm

Oh yea, Darkrai Clone made a new signature, I even made another card out of you with that signature
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1888824

greg503

Post #18 by greg503 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:43 am

Reminder that Heavy Storm is banned in current format because sometimes you get more destroying all Spells/Traps than just destroying your opponent's. Also White Hole already exists, and is actually better because it negates Dark Hole regardless, again sometimes you benefit more off of destroying all monsters than just destroying your opponent's (e.g. Babycerasaurus).
Buy Floowandereeze

greg503

Post #19 by greg503 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:45 am

Also Custom name functional reprints KEKW
Buy Floowandereeze

greg503

Post #20 by greg503 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:51 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1964684
This is a better "anti-board wipe" card.
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Custom Cards”