what i dont get about United States salary

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

what i dont get about United States salary

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:40 am

Military:
What they do: Protect their country, put their life on the line, fight for freedom, and many, many more life threatening stuff
Payment: 50k a year

Major Sports (NFL, MLB, NHL, Etc)
What they do: Entertain us by throwing, kicking or hitting a ball/puck
Payment: millions a year

If it wernt for the military we wouldnt be free to even have sports.
My opinion: The military should have the highest salary/payment of all jobs in The United States of America!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:49 am

The military is payed for by tax dollars and donations
the sports players are paid via massive backers for the sports league they are in which are very wealthy.

simple reason
one of them is paid by the crumbs of society and the other is paid directly by say steve jobs

The laws of the country also make 0 sense.
at 18 you can go work for the military for a salary WIELD gun fight for your country and risk your life to protect your home which is the biggest responsibility ever at age 18. yet you cannot drink or smoke which take far less responsibility.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #3 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:53 am

Genexwrecker wrote:The laws of the country also make 0 sense.

I guess the laws and crystalmusic have something in common.
b

Debt

Post #4 by Debt » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:54 am

CrystalMusic wrote:Payment: 50k a year

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:29 am

Also those guys would be lucky to get anywhere near 20 grand a year the only people getting near that are higher ups let alone 50 grand. military isnt much better than minimum pay
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:33 am

Genexwrecker wrote:The military is payed for by tax dollars and donations
the sports players are paid via massive backers for the sports league they are in which are very wealthy.

simple reason
one of them is paid by the crumbs of society and the other is paid directly by say steve jobs

at 18 you can go work for the military for a salary WIELD gun fight for your country and risk your life to protect your home which is the biggest responsibility ever at age 18. yet you cannot drink or smoke which take far less responsibility.

well that depends on the way you look at it. if you drink and get drunk you have alot of responabilities such as making sure youre not driving, making sure not to start any fights, risking a public intoxication charge, and more
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #7 by Debt » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:58 am

CrystalMusic wrote:well that depends on the way you look at it. if you drink and get drunk you have alot of responabilities such as making sure youre not driving, making sure not to start any fights, risking a public intoxication charge, and more

The military literally gives 18 year olds access to equipment worth tens of thousands of dollars, top secret security clearances for certain occupations, and everyone who enlists knows that if the occasion arises will need to take another human being's life. It's not comparable at all.

Renji Asuka

Post #8 by Renji Asuka » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:03 am

Something I don't understand about the U.S.

The fact that there is so many who want their rights protected by the constitution to be gone. I seen people want a person's first amendment taken away simply for using a racist word, hell I even seen I think the Mayor of NYC flat out state that they would shut down a church if it didn't abide by the lockdowns, yet actively encouraged people to protest for BLM. Then I see people not want people to be armed in any way....What next? Not being able to face your accuser?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #9 by Christen57 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:10 pm

simple reason

This law does make sense. Drinking alcohol and smoking is not productive in any way and is guaranteed to harm you no matter what, while joining the military is more important/productive and there is at least a chance you won't get hurt on a battlefield.

This is one thing I will agree with CrystalMusic on — that military deserves more pay than random people who just hurl balls around for fun.

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:45 pm

Christen57 wrote:

simple reason

This law does make sense. Drinking alcohol and smoking is not productive in any way and is guaranteed to harm you no matter what, while joining the military is more important/productive and there is at least a chance you won't get hurt on a battlefield.

This is one thing I will agree with CrystalMusic on — that military deserves more pay than random people who just hurl balls around for fun.

To be fair, in sports, you can get nasty injuries that can literally end your career. And in some cases, your life.

Now....if we talk about actors and actresses....then yes, they shouldn't be earning so much money. (In my opinion).
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:28 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

simple reason

To be fair, in sports, you can get nasty injuries that can literally end your career. And in some cases, your life.

Now....if we talk about actors and actresses....then yes, they shouldn't be earning so much money. (In my opinion).

ok, i can agree with you on that. actors shouldnt make so much money. and yes i can see the "injury" part but sprains, twisted muscles, etc are nothing compared to a bullet (Or bullets) or shrapnel wounds. and considering what bullets and shrapnel can do: shattered bones, torn muscles, etc.

Debt

Post #12 by Debt » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:00 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:If it wernt for the military we wouldnt be free to even have sports.

Sports predate the concept of a standing military

CrystalMusic wrote:My opinion: The military should have the highest salary/payment of all jobs in The United States of America!

Do you really believe that engineers and doctors should be compensated less than a servicemember? Why would anyone want to have a job as vital as an engineer or doctor if you're compensated far less than a profession that almost anyone can do without the years of schooling required?

Christen57 wrote:This is one thing I will agree with CrystalMusic on — that military deserves more pay than random people who just hurl balls around for fun.

It's not about what's deserved, it's about value generated and the fact that very few people have the athleticism and ability needed for someone to actually want to watch. Sports stars and the spectacle of high end athletics draw in tons of viewers and every viewer is someone you can advertise to. The World Cup is probably the most watched event in the entire world. There are certainly tons of people who would love to be able to play sports for a living and be paid as much or even a bit less as their current job but willing isn't able. How many people do you know personally that played sports in school then went to university and continued to play and then went on to play on a pro circuit? Probably 0. To go on this path you have to constantly be training and working out and have to out compete 99.999% of those around you just for to get a shot at it. If these people are the lifeblood of a multi-billion dollar industry why is it wrong that they are given a small slice of that pie?

Compare that to a servicemember; all you need is an iq of 85 or higher, a decent baseline level of physical fitness and a temperament conducive to taking orders. Everything else they can teach and instill in you in months. Never fired a gun? They can teach you in 1 week. Never ran marched for 20 miles? They'll condition you for it. Most healthy and able bodied people can be in the military and succeed. It's just a matter of willingness to enlist for the contract length.

Renji Asuka wrote:Now....if we talk about actors and actresses....then yes, they shouldn't be earning so much money. (In my opinion).

I think the Ancient Greeks, Romans, Chinese, basically every society before Shakespeare got it right when they categorized actors as being on the same social rung as prostitutes. But being able to act well is a rather uncommon skill and the film industry has grown into a multi-billion dollar industry and like sports stars they are the lifeblood of the industry and should duly be compensated. I think it's disgusting that there can be actors and actresses that are absolutely terrible at their craft (like only a notch above a local recreational stage production) and still be paid millions just because of nepotism.

Return to “Spam Paradise”