"Declare" button

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
D4rkPrince

"Declare" button

Post #1 by D4rkPrince » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:09 am

"Declare" button for cards in GY and Banished

also in hand for those like dangers , thunder dragon , etc , etc , etc..

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:49 pm

I don’t think the declare buttons are needed and the current button has caused just as many judge calls as not having it.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:22 pm

We've typed in chat for years, we have the communication skills, we don't need this
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:27 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:I don’t think the declare buttons are needed and the current button has caused just as many judge calls as not having it.

How? You would think declare buttons make things smoother.

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:31 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:I don’t think the declare buttons are needed and the current button has caused just as many judge calls as not having it.

How? You would think declare buttons make things smoother.

You underestimate the yugioh community the call button is either never used or incorrectly used I have had dozens of calls with people calling cause their opp didn’t declare their effects properly even with the declare button being pressed

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:01 am

I had a guy rage because I refused to use the lilith declare button, yet I stated I was using her effect in chat. They acted like I had to press it....That button just causes more problems in my opinion.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #7 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:08 pm

I think the declare button is fine, but you should alternate. If you just use the declare button and don't even give your opponent time to respond, then theres a problem. We only need more green buttons for cards.
b

Christen57

Post #8 by Christen57 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:19 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:I had a guy rage because I refused to use the lilith declare button, yet I stated I was using her effect in chat. They acted like I had to press it....That button just causes more problems in my opinion.

Can we see the replay for that?

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:I think the declare button is fine, but you should alternate. If you just use the declare button and don't even give your opponent time to respond, then theres a problem. We only need more green buttons for cards.

We should also have new chat commands so we don't have to keep relying on green buttons for all these cards.

Renji Asuka

Post #9 by Renji Asuka » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:49 pm

I'll have to find it, but its been awhile since that duel

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:31 am

After digging, https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=5191-9837172 I found the replay. And yes, this is in ranked....

Genexwrecker

Post #11 by Genexwrecker » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:45 am

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:I had a guy rage because I refused to use the lilith declare button, yet I stated I was using her effect in chat. They acted like I had to press it....That button just causes more problems in my opinion.

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:I think the declare button is fine, but you should alternate. If you just use the declare button and don't even give your opponent time to respond, then theres a problem. We only need more green buttons for cards.

We should also have new chat commands so we don't have to keep relying on green buttons for all these cards.

like /lillith /extrav6

Slitina

Post #12 by Slitina » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:31 am

Heh Renji I had to deal with the same feeling my opponent literally quit on me because I didn’t press declare when I literally typed in effect in the chat.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Renji Asuka

Post #13 by Renji Asuka » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:08 am

Slitina wrote:Heh Renji I had to deal with the same feeling my opponent literally quit on me because I didn’t press declare when I literally typed in effect in the chat.

It's so dumb, frankly I think the button should be removed.

Christen57

Post #14 by Christen57 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

like /lillith /extrav6

Yeah, especially since there are lots of cards that focus on banishing random cards from the extra deck like Aegaion the Sea Castrum and whatnot, so it makes sense to finally just put a banish random button on the extra deck or a banish random extra deck chat command, as opposed to putting buttons on each of all these cards to banish random cards from the extra deck.

Also we need the option to at least target opponent's face-down banished cards for effects like Psy-Framelord Omega, or to just move around opponent's face-down banished cards like we can with our own.

Renji Asuka wrote:After digging, https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=5191-9837172 I found the replay. And yes, this is in ranked....

Looks like the problem was that you didn't use the green button for resolving the effect of lilith (not the declare button), so that's why he was upset. You have to use it's green button first to bring up the menu to choose 3 cards from your deck, then send lilith to the graveyard as if you were tributing it for it's cost.

Renji Asuka wrote:
Slitina wrote:Heh Renji I had to deal with the same feeling my opponent literally quit on me because I didn’t press declare when I literally typed in effect in the chat.

Nah, leave it. I like being able to just use my right hand for declaring effects instead of having to use my left hand too. It helps when I'm eating while playing on duelingbook since I'm left handed, so I can hold the spoon/fork with my left hand to eat while using the mouse with my right hand to click on stuff.

Renji Asuka

Post #15 by Renji Asuka » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:24 am

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

like /lillith /extrav6

Yeah, especially since there are lots of cards that focus on banishing random cards from the extra deck like Aegaion the Sea Castrum and whatnot, so it makes sense to finally just put a banish random button on the extra deck or a banish random extra deck chat command, as opposed to putting buttons on each of all these cards to banish random cards from the extra deck.

Also we need the option to at least target opponent's face-down banished cards for effects like Psy-Framelord Omega, or to just move around opponent's face-down banished cards like we can with our own.

Renji Asuka wrote:After digging, https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=5191-9837172 I found the replay. And yes, this is in ranked....

Looks like the problem was that you didn't use the green button for resolving the effect of lilith (not the declare button), so that's why he was upset. You have to use it's green button first to bring up the menu to choose 3 cards from your deck, then send lilith to the graveyard as if you were tributing it for it's cost.

Renji Asuka wrote:

Nah, leave it. I like being able to just use my right hand for declaring effects instead of having to use my left hand too. It helps when I'm eating while playing on duelingbook since I'm left handed, so I can hold the spoon/fork with my left hand to eat while using the mouse with my right hand to click on stuff.

I DON'T HAVE to press any green button to resolve any effect, as I can manually do it myself.

james123
Mood:

Post #16 by james123 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:35 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixdo93X6-ek

Christen57

Post #17 by Christen57 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:38 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:like /lillith /extrav6

Renji Asuka wrote:It's so dumb, frankly I think the button should be removed.

I DON'T HAVE to press any green button to resolve any effect, as I can manually do it myself.

It's faster to use the green button since it keeps games running fast and smoothly. You should always make plays in the quickest way possible. If you always take the long route, that will be seen as slow play, which will lead to penalties in the future.

Renji Asuka

Post #18 by Renji Asuka » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:20 pm

You may think its faster, but I play on dueling book for the manual aspect. If I wanted to press a button that can do things for me, I'd be on ygopro....(implying I'm not banned)

On top of that, you can easily by pass "slow play" as long as you communicate.

greg503

Post #19 by greg503 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:You may think its faster, but I play on dueling book for the manual aspect. If I wanted to press a button that can do things for me, I'd be on ygopro....(implying I'm not banned)

So you play convulsion of nature without the button?
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #20 by Genexwrecker » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:59 pm

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You may think its faster, but I play on dueling book for the manual aspect. If I wanted to press a button that can do things for me, I'd be on ygopro....(implying I'm not banned)

So you play convulsion of nature without the button?

Thats a smartalec remark. stuff that are physically impossible to do without a button have one. it is not impossible to communicate your effects in the chat therefore you dont need a button to do that for you.

Return to “Suggestions”