duel note restrictions

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
CrystalMusic
Mood:

duel note restrictions

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:36 pm

as we all know theres already restrictions on duel notes. however there needs to be a new rule added to this restriction.

Having a duel note that would make it harder for another host to get an opponent should not be allowed. Ill be using a random name as an example: Richard

Example of what i mean:
Me: *Hosting in advanced* "1st gen & GX only"
Richard: Dont duel Crystal Music

Richards duel note should not be allowed as it will make it harder for me to get an opponent. This should also be looked at as trolling as ur duel note makes its misleading to make it harder for one to find an opponent.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #2 by Debt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:22 am

It's already against the rules

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:14 am

Debt wrote:It's already against the rules

Where?

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:19 am

CrystalMusic wrote:as we all know theres already restrictions on duel notes. however there needs to be a new rule added to this restriction.

Having a duel note that would make it harder for another host to get an opponent should not be allowed. Ill be using a random name as an example: Richard

Example of what i mean:
Me: *Hosting in advanced* "1st gen & GX only"
Richard: Dont duel Crystal Music

Richards duel note should not be allowed as it will make it harder for me to get an opponent. This should also be looked at as trolling as ur duel note makes its misleading to make it harder for one to find an opponent.

You've already got a bunch of absurd rules, a tendency to block hundreds of people for no reason, as well as a bad reputation, that already make it difficult for you to get an opponent.

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:44 am

guy should read the rules before compaining about not having rules that already exist.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Debt

Post #6 by Debt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:29 am

Christen57 wrote:
Where?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:35 am

ok didnt know that falled under that. i admit i should have asked first before posting. my mistake.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Christen57

Post #8 by Christen57 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:18 pm

Debt wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Where?

The question is, does "making it harder for someone to find an opponent" with a duel note count as "being offensive," "harassing others," or "promoting/advertising"?

It doesn't seem to count as the first one since it's not "offensive" to say CrystalMusic has built up a bad reputation and will give you a hard time for dueling him.

It doesn't seem to count as the second one since you aren't talking directly to CrystalMusic, messaging him, or name-calling. You're just saying that you don't think people should duel him.

It definitely doesn't count as the third one since you aren't promoting or advertising any product.

Debt

Post #9 by Debt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:20 pm

Christen57 wrote:
The question is, does "making it harder for someone to find an opponent" with a duel note count as "being offensive," "harassing others," or "promoting/advertising"?

It doesn't seem to count as the first one since it's not "offensive" to say CrystalMusic has built up a bad reputation and will give you a hard time for dueling him.

It doesn't seem to count as the second one since you aren't talking directly to CrystalMusic, messaging him, or name-calling. You're just saying that you don't think people should duel him.

It definitely doesn't count as the third one since you aren't promoting or advertising any product.

Those are just examples. The only purpose duel notes have is to facilitate finding a duel. Anything outside of that would be considered outside the bounds of a duel note's intended purpose

Genexwrecker

Post #10 by Genexwrecker » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:45 pm

Everything listed as examples in the rules are merely some of the examples. Duel notes are intended to help find a partner or for the duel itself anything else is spam
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:12 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Debt wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Where?

wrong. i only do that when ppl dont obey my notes. and ill say this again: If you dont like the terms of my duel notes, then do not join my duels

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #12 by LightCaster » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:09 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Debt wrote:

wrong. i only do that when ppl dont obey my notes. and ill say this again: If you dont like the terms of my duel notes, then do not join my duels

STOP TREATING DUEL NOTES AS CONTRACTS JFC

NiwatoriFTW

Post #13 by NiwatoriFTW » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:22 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Debt wrote:

Yeah, whatever you say...
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-20514574
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Advanced (Unrated) with duel note "Random Build 1st gen and GX decks Only."
[1:53] ShadowSoulReaper: Entered Draw Phase
[1:53] ShadowSoulReaper: Drew "Jar of Greed"
[2:30] ShadowSoulReaper: Activated Set "Book of Moon" in S-2
[2:32] ShadowSoulReaper: Pointed at "The Unhappy Girl" in M-3
[2:39] CrystalMusic: "bye"
[2:42] CrystalMusic: "i hate quick play spells"
[2:45] CrystalMusic: Left duel

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-20541123
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Advanced (Unrated) with duel note "no pends. no meta. no staples"
[5:37] CrystalMusic: Entered Battle Phase
[5:41] CrystalMusic: Attacked Set card in M-5 with "The Six Samurai - Zanji" in M-5
[5:44] Yin Dragon: Flipped Set "Aroma Jar" in M-5
[5:55] CrystalMusic: Declared effect of "The Six Samurai - Zanji" in M-5
[5:59] Yin Dragon: Activated Set "Divine Wrath" in S-5
[6:06] Yin Dragon: Sent "Spirit Reaper" from hand (6/6) to GY
[6:07] CrystalMusic: Activated Set "Musakani Magatama" in S-5
[6:10] Yin Dragon: Activated Set "Seven Tools of the Bandit" in S-3
[6:13] CrystalMusic: "bye"
[6:15] CrystalMusic: "use ur oen idea"
[6:19] CrystalMusic: "counter traps are my stratagey"
[6:21] Yin Dragon: "??"
[6:25] CrystalMusic: "no one else uses them but me"
[6:28] CrystalMusic: Left duel

Renji Asuka

Post #14 by Renji Asuka » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:54 pm

I love how NiwatoriFTW has a replay for every lie that CrystalMusic spouts lol
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Slitina

Post #15 by Slitina » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:23 pm

IKR it’s great
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Christen57

Post #16 by Christen57 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:39 pm

Debt wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Those are just examples. The only purpose duel notes have is to facilitate finding a duel. Anything outside of that would be considered outside the bounds of a duel note's intended purpose

Genexwrecker wrote:Everything listed as examples in the rules are merely some of the examples. Duel notes are intended to help find a partner or for the duel itself anything else is spam

Yeah and I could argue that a duel note telling people to duel me instead of another person with a bad reputation helps me find an opponent.

Return to “Suggestions”