so ppl say im better off playing in goat format cas im so oldschool

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

so ppl say im better off playing in goat format cas im so oldschool

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:39 pm

you sure about that? i still have rules for it. you see, removal effects are way to staple in goat, so i dont allow removal except by battle or trap (This is excluding dust tornado) and i dont allow jinzo as it is a direct counter to my ruleset. so are you still sure that Goat is where i belong?

the only removals i run in goat are
Trap Hole
Acid Trap Hole
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #2 by Debt » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:50 pm

That just points to your deficiencies as a player

Slitina

Post #3 by Slitina » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Yes because in short your saying your saying don’t run these cards because I don’t like them and also how will we remove cards that literally say cannot be destroyed by battle and so what is wrong being about it so quit whining and don’t you say it’s overused well newsflash it’s overused of you whining about “noob” things which are part of the game.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #4 by CrystalMusic » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:57 pm

Slitina wrote:Yes because in short your saying your saying don’t run these cards because I don’t like them and also how will we remove cards that literally say cannot be destroyed by battle and so what is wrong being about it so quit whining and don’t you say it’s overused well newsflash it’s overused of you whining about “noob” things which are part of the game.

then ill also add in: no using cards that cant be destroyed by battle to keep it fair
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Slitina

Post #5 by Slitina » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:02 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Slitina wrote:Yes because in short your saying your saying don’t run these cards because I don’t like them and also how will we remove cards that literally say cannot be destroyed by battle and so what is wrong being about it so quit whining and don’t you say it’s overused well newsflash it’s overused of you whining about “noob” things which are part of the game.

then ill also add in: no using cards that cant be destroyed by battle to keep it fair

Nah just play the game properly without your man child whining.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #6 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:49 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

No no no no no. to play fair would mean an even playing field which means you can't make up shit, neither can the other opponent.
b

Renji Asuka

Post #7 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:07 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

Or you know, just stop playing a bastardized version of yugioh and play yugioh as it was intended. Or are you too much of a coward to do that?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Debt

Post #8 by Debt » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:33 am

Renji Asuka wrote:Or you know, just stop playing a bastardized version of yugioh and play yugioh as it was intended. Or are you too much of a coward to do that?

Should just make a his own game since it's obvious he hates this one. But that would require effort, having talent, imagination and an understanding of game design and it would open his ego up for criticism he can't handle.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #9 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:08 pm

Debt wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Or you know, just stop playing a bastardized version of yugioh and play yugioh as it was intended. Or are you too much of a coward to do that?

Should just make a his own game since it's obvious he hates this one. But that would require effort, having talent, imagination and an understanding of game design and it would open his ego up for criticism he can't handle.

All of that really doesn't matter if he just hates losing and do everything in his power (and beyond that) to assure that won't happen. It's quite disrespectful to the opponent, considering how he manipulates things to the extend that they can't do anything to win but just remain there almost like a hostage until the inevitable defeat. We can see that clearly on https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-20246882
[7:35] CrystalMusic: "i tend to toy with my opponents, preserving their lp till i get my better cards out"
[7:43] CrystalMusic: "that and it gives them a chance to fight back"
[7:52] Obcasus49: "Really?"
[7:54] CrystalMusic: "yup"
[7:59] Obcasus49: "Really?"
[16:08] Obcasus49: "Do to my understanding, I can absolutely nothing "
[16:13] Obcasus49: "Except normal summon"
[16:26] CrystalMusic: "traps still work"
[16:50] CrystalMusic: "i mean depending on what it does i might not use trika to negate ir"
[16:51] CrystalMusic: "it*"
[17:07] Obcasus49: "..................."
[17:17] CrystalMusic: "cas truth be told, iv been going easy, i could have attacked you 10 times over but havnt"
[17:31] Obcasus49: "I am full yaware of that"
[17:59] Obcasus49: "It is simply to amusing"

Obviously, there are games where this kind of behaviour is slightly acceptable, like in tabletop RPGs, but why would people join a game that they can't ever win?

In the end, everybody loses, specially CrystalMusic, as he refuses to broaden his horizons for new gaming concepts and the many lessons defeat holds for both personal and competitive growth.

Debt

Post #10 by Debt » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:25 pm

NiwatoriFTW wrote:slightly acceptable, like in tabletop RPGs

I'd never invite crystal to one of my tables. He's the kind of player that will always argue with the dm, try to force broken homebrews so he cab be stronger than the other players, metagame, cry foul if an encounter pushes him even a little, play as a murderhobo and whine if he ever gets some kind of consequence for his in game action. He'd be a /tg/ greentext horror story in waiting.

Runzy
Mood:

Post #11 by Runzy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:46 pm

Lol.
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

NiwatoriFTW

Post #12 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:59 pm

Debt wrote:

I'd never invite crystal to one of my tables. He's the kind of player that will always argue with the dm, try to force broken homebrews so he cab be stronger than the other players, metagame, cry foul if an encounter pushes him even a little, play as a murderhobo and whine if he ever gets some kind of consequence for his in game action. He'd be a /tg/ greentext horror story in waiting.

Actually, I was picturing him always being DM, with an immense amount extra rules and whatnot... and nobody from the table living until the end of the game, of course.

Debt

Post #13 by Debt » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:24 am

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
Debt wrote:

Actually, I was picturing him always being DM, with an immense amount extra rules and whatnot... and nobody from the table living until the end of the game, of course.

I think he'd just have a bunch of dmpcs with broken homebrew classes, magic items and feats that completely outshine the actual players. The players will have no agency in the game, be super railroaded, the story will be about the dmpcs not them. The game wouldn't need them but crystal would keep them around as a captive audience.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #14 by LightCaster » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:39 am

Debt wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:
Debt wrote:I'd never invite crystal to one of my tables. He's the kind of player that will always argue with the dm, try to force broken homebrews so he cab be stronger than the other players, metagame, cry foul if an encounter pushes him even a little, play as a murderhobo and whine if he ever gets some kind of consequence for his in game action. He'd be a /tg/ greentext horror story in waiting.

I think he'd just have a bunch of dmpcs with broken homebrew classes, magic items and feats that completely outshine the actual players. The players will have no agency in the game, be super railroaded, the story will be about the dmpcs not them. The game wouldn't need them but crystal would keep them around as a captive audience.

Nah. I think he'd be the type of DM who'd treat the game as "DM vs Players" But come up with a bunch of bullshit rules that the players have to somehow get around. Like no using mind-altering spells or something stupid.

Debt

Post #15 by Debt » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:56 am

LightCaster wrote:Nah. I think he'd be the type of DM who'd treat the game as "DM vs Players" But come up with a bunch of bullshit rules that the players have to somehow get around. Like no using mind-altering spells or something stupid.

I could see him adding a bunch of rules and nerfing classes he doesn't like. But I don't think he'd have a "DM vs Player" mentality until they started going off his "script". He'd throw excessive encounters at them but he'd have a broken dmpc basically solve it so it's not an issue in his mind, but if the players upset him he'll punish them by having the dmpc be absent and it'll be a tpk

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #16 by LightCaster » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:03 am

Debt wrote:
LightCaster wrote:Nah. I think he'd be the type of DM who'd treat the game as "DM vs Players" But come up with a bunch of bullshit rules that the players have to somehow get around. Like no using mind-altering spells or something stupid.

I could see him adding a bunch of rules and nerfing classes he doesn't like. But I don't think he'd have a "DM vs Player" mentality until they started going off his "script". He'd throw excessive encounters at them but he'd have a broken dmpc basically solve it so it's not an issue in his mind, but if the players upset him he'll punish them by having the dmpc be absent and it'll be a tpk

I immediately see him nerfing bards and fighters until they're literally unplayable.

Debt

Post #17 by Debt » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:13 am

LightCaster wrote:I immediately see him nerfing bards and fighters until they're literally unplayable.

Bards, druids, wizards and warlocks nerfed. Plays favorites with Paladins and sorcs. Eldritch Blast and Find Familiar banned. Players banned from enchantment, most necromancy and transmutation spells.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #18 by LightCaster » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:25 am

Debt wrote:
LightCaster wrote:I immediately see him nerfing bards and fighters until they're literally unplayable.

Bards, druids, wizards and warlocks nerfed. Plays favorites with Paladins and sorcs. Eldritch Blast and Find Familiar banned. Players banned from enchantment, most necromancy and transmutation spells.

Watch him ban player races as well.

Renji Asuka

Post #19 by Renji Asuka » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:31 am

LightCaster wrote:
Debt wrote:

Let's be real, he'd ban EVERYTHING and make the other players only be able to punch that deals 1 damage....
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Debt

Post #20 by Debt » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:34 am

LightCaster wrote:
Debt wrote:

Halfling would definitely be banned. 5e Lucky would drive him up the wall.

Return to “Spam Paradise”