Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Introduce yourself here
itiszuko

Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Post #1 by itiszuko » Sun May 17, 2020 6:00 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Ronan, also known as ZUKO. I am new to the Yu-Gi-Oh universe and have only just started the anime series. After watching the series it made me interested in trying out a dueling simulator. I was recommended to play Dueling Book as it is a manual simulator that will teach me how to play this game and understand rulings and strategies more. I have no idea what deck to make, whether I should search for one or make one from scratch, some ideas and tips would be very useful. I'm currently spectating a lot of ranked duels to kind of get the idea of how duelists play and I'm seeing a lot of different cards I have yet to see in the anime.

A bit more about me, I am a "musician" and make songs and put them on SoundCloud. So basically a wannabe SoundCloud rapper lmao. I'll link my first song if anyone is curious to listen:

https://soundcloud.com/itiszuko/feel-again-prod-7ink

I also apologize in advance to the people who duel me because I will be very slow and most probably make silly mistakes.

Looking forward to meeting, learning & dueling people!

- ZUKO

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:40 pm

itiszuko wrote:A bit more about me, I am a "musician" and make songs and put them on SoundCloud. So basically a wannabe SoundCloud rapper lmao. I'll link my first song if anyone is curious to listen:

You rely a little too much on autotune and it sounds robotically bad.

Renji Asuka

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Wed May 20, 2020 1:43 pm

In my opinion, anyone who has to use any form of auto tune have no talent.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Runzy
Mood:

Post #4 by Runzy » Wed May 20, 2020 3:06 pm

Everyone in the music industry uses a form of auto tune/pitch correction that should be obvious even those with talent as it helps with the voice quality. Anyway welcome enjoy your stay.
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

itiszuko

Post #5 by itiszuko » Thu May 21, 2020 3:44 pm

Christen57 wrote:
itiszuko wrote:A bit more about me, I am a "musician" and make songs and put them on SoundCloud. So basically a wannabe SoundCloud rapper lmao. I'll link my first song if anyone is curious to listen:

You rely a little too much on autotune and it sounds robotically bad.

That's calm. Always have to start somewhere with the mixing. Noted for the next songs I put out!

itiszuko

Post #6 by itiszuko » Thu May 21, 2020 3:45 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:In my opinion, anyone who has to use any form of auto tune have no talent.

That's fair enough, without trying to sound big headed I know I can actually sing, I have yet to put out a song reflecting that. This song was more Hip-Hop inspired which in this generation uses autotune/pitcher. Each to their own of course.

itiszuko

Post #7 by itiszuko » Thu May 21, 2020 3:46 pm

Runzy wrote:Everyone in the music industry uses a form of auto tune/pitch correction that should be obvious even those with talent as it helps with the voice quality. Anyway welcome enjoy your stay.

Appreciate the comment, not many people realize nearly every song has auto tune/pitcher even if it is a tiny amount.

Thanks

Greydone
Mood:

Post #8 by Greydone » Fri May 22, 2020 9:33 pm

itiszuko wrote:I have no idea what deck to make, whether I should search for one or make one from scratch, some ideas and tips would be very useful. I'm currently spectating a lot of ranked duels to kind of get the idea of how duelists play and I'm seeing a lot of different cards I have yet to see in the anime.

Deckbuilding required a lot of skill. It's something you'll learn through practise, as many other things. Yu-Gi-Oh! is a game of practise, there's a high ceiling and many things to learn. If you want to pick up a deck first find a decklist online or make it yourself if you're confident. Then I advise you not to play dueling book but rather on Edopro which is automated. It will be easier to understand how the deck works without learning all the effects by heart. Eventually, when you know a little more about the deck, play it on dueling book to meet more competitive player and learn about ruling and more specific deck mechanics.

Return to “Introductions”