LOL this guy thought his monster had an atk/def value

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Debt

Re: LOL this guy thought his monster had an atk/def value

Post #21 by Debt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:32 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:OMFG!!!!!!! onec it was face up it gains its effect at taht time no turns have passed since it was face up thus it has no atk or def value!!! what part of this do you ppl not understand???????

That's not the card's effect. His card doesn't care about being face up. He can summon it at turn 10 and it'll gain 4000 atk because that's what the card looks at.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #22 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:32 pm

muka muka, gren maju, lost guardian and spearfish however do not require TURNS to gain atk, since the card was flipped face up, no turns have passed since it was face up, thus it has NO ATK AND NO DEF!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #23 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:OMFG!!!!!!! onec it was face up it gains its effect at taht time no turns have passed since it was face up thus it has no atk or def value!!! what part of this do you ppl not understand???????

That's not the card's effect. His card doesn't care about being face up. He can summon it at turn 10 and it'll gain 4000 atk because that's what the card looks at.

but the rulebook does: Facedown cards do NOT have effects!!!! effects cannot bypass the rulebook!!!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #24 by NiwatoriFTW » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:33 pm

What part of Debt's or Ir0n's explanation did you not understand? Or is the fact that you lost the duel/argument so unbearable?

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #25 by | Hanverid | » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:33 pm

CrystalMusic, you're the one who don't understand, unlike a continous effect for cards that boost a monster's ATK and DEF values. That guy's monster is a condition effect, similar to Green Maju Da Eiza (when it's flipped face-up it remains with its ATK/DEF factor).
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

Debt

Post #26 by Debt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:34 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:

but the rulebook does: Facedown cards do NOT have effects!!!! effects cannot bypass the rulebook!!!

It gets flipped on atk, looks at the number of turns passed then gets atk based solely on the number of turns that's passed in the duel. That's how his card works.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #27 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:35 pm

and im done arguing with you low iq ppl, you clearly dont understand the rules of how cards work. if the rulebook says something like facedowns dont have effects, no if ands or buts about it, facedowns dont have effects!

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #28 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:36 pm

crap like this is why i just reworded my knight of god to negate effects of monsters it battles with! NOW WHAT??? still think that card can overpower my Knight of God????

Debt

Post #29 by Debt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:39 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:and im done arguing with you low iq ppl, you clearly dont understand the rules of how cards work. if the rulebook says something like facedowns dont have effects, no if ands or buts about it, facedowns dont have effects!

You refuse to understand how his card functions. It doesn't say it gains atk based on the number of turns the card has been on the field. It looks at the number of turns in the duel and gets atk. It doesn't matter if it's been on the field for 1 turn or 30, all that matters is the turn number.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #30 by NiwatoriFTW » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:40 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:

CrystalMusic wrote:and im done arguing with you low iq ppl, you clearly dont understand the rules of how cards work. if the rulebook says something like facedowns dont have effects, no if ands or buts about it, facedowns dont have effects!

Well, you disregard all the arguments made here in favor of the rulebook. Well, the rulebook also says (Page 50):

Rules vs Card Effects
If there is a discrepancy between the basic rules and a card’s effect, the card effect takes precedence. For example, a monster can only attack once per turn, but with a card effect, it is possible to attack twice.

Also, Big Shield Gardna sends his regardnas.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #31 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:44 pm

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:That's not the card's effect. His card doesn't care about being face up. He can summon it at turn 10 and it'll gain 4000 atk because that's what the card looks at.

Well, you disregard all the arguments made here in favor of the rulebook. Well, the rulebook also says (Page 50):

Rules vs Card Effects
If there is a discrepancy between the basic rules and a card’s effect, the card effect takes precedence. For example, a monster can only attack once per turn, but with a card effect, it is possible to attack twice.

seems you guys forgot i only follow the 1st edition rulebook with the exeption on synchros and xyz's. current gen is just crap. i dont play current gen. i play oldschool, classic, the golden era the ORIGINAL era!

and since all duels i host are unrated theres nothing the site judges can do, ur allowed to play the way you want in unrated as long as its stated in your duel notes and following a rulebook, reguardless what version that rulebook is.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Debt

Post #32 by Debt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:45 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:crap like this is why i just reworded my knight of god to negate effects of monsters it battles with! NOW WHAT??? still think that card can overpower my Knight of God????

I think you're a sore loser and it's sad that a make believe duel had you so worked up

Silvers Rayleigh

Post #33 by Silvers Rayleigh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:46 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:crap like this is why i just reworded my knight of god to negate effects of monsters it battles with! NOW WHAT??? still think that card can overpower my Knight of God????

You just made a card more OP because... you cannot admit defeat due to a monsters whose effect is determining its ATK/DEF values?

Also, arguments don't change retroactively because you changed a factor at the present time.

Silvers Rayleigh

Post #34 by Silvers Rayleigh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:47 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Rules vs Card Effects

seems you guys forgot i only follow the 1st edition rulebook with the exeption on synchros and xyz's. current gen is just crap. i dont play current gen. i play oldschool, classic, the golden era the ORIGINAL era!

and since all duels i host are unrated theres nothing the site judges can do, ur allowed to play the way you want in unrated as long as its stated in your duel notes.

Well, then you can't quote the official rules and expect people to follow yours. Also, the ruling about continuous effects is the same since the beginning of the game. The game changing other stuff changes nothing about your argument. Not to mention that you still lost the game, the argument here and possibly any duel that you stick with this line of (un)reasoning.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #35 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:51 pm

i wouldnt have lost due to how my knight of god works, i cant lose and u cant win while its out, it can only be stopped by a level 12 divine

Water Law

Post #36 by Water Law » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:53 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:i wouldnt have lost due to how my knight of god works, i cant lose and u cant win while its out, it can only be stopped by a level 12 divine

It does shows how unreasonably afraid of losing you by creating and using that.

Debt

Post #37 by Debt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:55 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:i wouldnt have lost due to how my knight of god works, i cant lose and u cant win while its out, it can only be stopped by a level 12 divine

Because you can't handle losing. Even a duel of make believe. You can't be mature and just lose gracefully.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #38 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:55 pm

its not that im afraid of losing. I like giving my opponent something to work for.

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #39 by | Hanverid | » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:57 pm

So, if i use a monster with an effect like:

"You can't lose the duel. Unaffected by cards' effects, conditions, game mechanics. This monster can only leave the field by being destroyed by battle with a Level 1 WIND Rock monster"

Would you admit defeat? i'm curious.
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

Debt

Post #40 by Debt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:00 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:its not that im afraid of losing. I like giving my opponent something to work for.

Why do you make cards that literally require ESP to beat? If your opponent didn't know to bring a level 12 divine then they lose. That's not working for shit.

Return to “Spam Paradise”