LOL this guy thought his monster had an atk/def value

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

LOL this guy thought his monster had an atk/def value

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:53 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-16354080

I told him face down cards have no effects, so upon it being flipped face up it has 0 atk and 0 def, watch what he says in response (Skip to the end to see what im talking about)

and if you say im wrong: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Face-down
Face-down cards have no properties (name, Attribute, Type, Level/Rank, ATK, DEF, effect) until they are changed to face-up. there for his card had no atk and no def upon me attacking it!
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

DuskWill

Post #2 by DuskWill » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:21 am

CrystalMusic wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-16354080

I told him face down cards have no effects, so upon it being flipped face up it has 0 atk and 0 def, watch what he says in response (Skip to the end to see what im talking about)
Clock Tower Lighthouse
This card's ATK/DEF are each equal to the number of turns that have passed since the start of this duel x 400.

It seems to be a continuous effect, akin to Gren Maju da Eiza, except with turns. And the monster was attacked, being flipped face-up during damage step, so it wouldn't be face-down and the ATK/DEF values would be determined accordingly. What's the big deal?
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Riko Shugi

Post #3 by Riko Shugi » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:24 am

CrystalMusic just finds ways too cheat during duels.

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:51 am

What happened to you "turning a new leaf?" Oh wait, you were lying through your teeth.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #5 by Ir0n » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:40 am

At first I thought you were right, because if it only counted turns it was on the field you would be. But since it counts from the start of the duel your opponent was actually right and his monster actually should have 10800 DEF.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:07 pm

Ir0n wrote:At first I thought you were right, because if it only counted turns it was on the field you would be. But since it counts from the start of the duel your opponent was actually right and his monster actually should have 10800 DEF.

wrong even the rulebook states that facedown cards have no continuous effects. even if it was a flip effect it still wouldnt have worked. it needs to be face up to resolve a continuous effect. The monster has a continuous effect. Go on, tell me any "Continuous" card that can be used while it is face down. ill wait!

his card was facedown the entire duel, thus its effect was not applying. therefore his card has 0 atk and 0 def
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Face-down cards have no properties (name, Attribute, Type, Level/Rank, ATK, DEF, effect) until they are changed to face-up
Source: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Face-down

I WIN! NEXT?

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #8 by | Hanverid | » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:17 pm

CrawtheShit is a watcher in that duel? i hate that guy lmao

CrystalMusic your cards are overpowered and unfair, for cards like yours most people tend to make cards like "At the start of the duel", "This card is unaffected" to try to battle against your non-sense effects. In other words, you ruin the custom cards pool.
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #9 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:22 pm

| Hanverid | wrote:CrawtheShit is a watcher in that duel? i hate that guy lmao

CrystalMusic your cards are overpowered and unfair, for cards like yours most people tend to make cards like "At the start of the duel", "This card is unaffected" to try to battle against your non-sense effects. In other words, you ruin the custom cards pool.

um no. ppl who make insta wins ruined the custom cards pool. I didnt make any at start of duel effects until ppl started making insta wins (aka cards that require specific cost/setup/or set of cards but makes them win upon playing it) thus my "Denied" card was introduced as my first at start of duel card to forbid all forms of alt victories and forces both players to reduce ones LP to 0 to win.

So i didnt ruin the customs.

My original first strongest card was a 3k atk, 3k def spell negator monster that required 3 tributes in order to be normal summoned. I also made a duplicate of this but for traps. Basically a higher def horus lv 8 but with a higher and harder requirement to summon it. (I dont spam summon in 99% of the duels i play) the only 2 decks i have that spam summon are my six sams and one of my custom decks.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #10 by | Hanverid | » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:29 pm

Try to not make cards like that, in general people similar effects to those lead to everyone making the same to their own cards, and nobody enjoying a game because everybody does use a card that can't leave the field, unaffected, can't lose the duel.

I only recommend people to use a card like that in the extra deck for specific situations, for example if the opponent is playing unfair, you CAN also play unfair. But if the opponent is playing fair, you should play fair as well, and admit defeat if you lose. I don't understand a lot of your duel notes, like the summoning spam, unfair cards, etc. Is like you want to play a DM vanilla era (even in that format, kaiba, yugi and a lot of characters did spam the field with a lot of monsters.) Kaiba for example did use that Crush Card Virus that worked like a Vanity's Emptiness.
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

Debt

Post #11 by Debt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:12 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:Face-down cards have no properties (name, Attribute, Type, Level/Rank, ATK, DEF, effect) until they are changed to face-up

I WIN! NEXT?

The card is turned face-up when you attack

Silvers Rayleigh

Post #12 by Silvers Rayleigh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:14 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Ir0n wrote:At first I thought you were right, because if it only counted turns it was on the field you would be. But since it counts from the start of the duel your opponent was actually right and his monster actually should have 10800 DEF.

wrong even the rulebook states that facedown cards have no continuous effects. even if it was a flip effect it still wouldnt have worked. it needs to be face up to resolve a continuous effect. The monster has a continuous effect. Go on, tell me any "Continuous" card that can be used while it is face down. ill wait!

his card was facedown the entire duel, thus its effect was not applying. therefore his card has 0 atk and 0 def

[...]to resolve a continuous effect.[...]
Elaborate that, since the very rulebook says the following about Continuous Effects of monsters (https://img.yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook ... _EN_10.pdf Page 9):

This effect is active while the Effect Monster Card is face-up on the field. The effect starts when the face-up monster appears on the field, and ends once that monster is gone or is no longer face-up; there is no trigger for its activation. These monsters are most useful if you have a strategy to protect them while they are on the field.

CrystalMusic wrote:Face-down cards have no properties (name, Attribute, Type, Level/Rank, ATK, DEF, effect) until they are changed to face-up

I WIN! NEXT?

The monster was changed face-up during damage calculation after you attacked it, as the replays shows and others have previously stated here. Since it considers the turns that have passed since the start of the game, the ATK/DEF values are defined following its continuous effect. You lose here.

Silvers Rayleigh

Post #13 by Silvers Rayleigh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:14 pm

Silvers Rayleigh wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

[...]to resolve a continuous effect.[...]
Elaborate that, since the very rulebook says the following about Continuous Effects of monsters (https://img.yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook ... _EN_10.pdf Page 9):

This effect is active while the Effect Monster Card is face-up on the field. The effect starts when the face-up monster appears on the field, and ends once that monster is gone or is no longer face-up; there is no trigger for its activation. These monsters are most useful if you have a strategy to protect them while they are on the field.

I WIN! NEXT?

The monster was changed face-up during damage calculation after you attacked it, as the replays shows and others have previously stated here. Since it considers the turns that have passed since the start of the game, the ATK/DEF values are defined following its continuous effect. You lose here.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #14 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:17 pm

Debt wrote:

I WIN! NEXT?

that may be but the card was not face up during the time it was on the field until i attacked thus his lighthouse which Lighthouse says:T"his card's ATK/DEF are each equal to the number of turns that have passed since the start of this duel x 400". that monster would have 0 atk and 0 def. it would have to have been face-up on the field to accumulate atk and def points! as i stated before:
Face-down cards have no properties (name, Attribute, Type, Level/Rank, ATK, DEF, effect) until they are changed to face-up
thus his lighthouse has no ATK or DEF. jeez. just how dense are you???

Debt

Post #15 by Debt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:20 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:

I WIN! NEXT?

that may be but the card was not face up during the time it was on the field until i attacked thus his lighthouse which Lighthouse says:T"his card's ATK/DEF are each equal to the number of turns that have passed since the start of this duel x 400". that monster would have 0 atk and 0 def. it would have to have been face-up on the field to accumulate atk and def points! as i stated before:

The card as written doesn't check whether it's face up to accumulate atk. It only lasts looks at how many turns have passed to determine its atk/def values. It can be summoned on turn 10 and have 4000 atk

yumafan30

Post #16 by yumafan30 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:22 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:

I WIN! NEXT?

Just like Ir0n has said, its attack isn't determined by how many turns has spent face-up on the field, but the total amount of turns since the beginning of the game.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #17 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:23 pm

the monsters effect is continuous, as i stated before name a continuous card that gets its effects while face down. You CANT cas there is none! Face down cards have NO EFFECTS!!!

Debt

Post #18 by Debt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:28 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:the monsters effect is continuous, as i stated before name a continuous card that gets its effects while face down. You CANT cas there is none! Face down cards have NO EFFECTS!!!

The card as written has an effect that only checks for how many turns have passed. Nothing else matters for that card. It's not atk determined by how many turns it's been face-up. It's atk is determined by turns passed during the duel.

Silvers Rayleigh

Post #19 by Silvers Rayleigh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:28 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:the monsters effect is continuous, as i stated before name a continuous card that gets its effects while face down. You CANT cas there is none! Face down cards have NO EFFECTS!!!

It became face-up when you attacked. It's the same deal with Muka Muka, Gren Maju da Eiza, Lost Guardian or Spearfish Soldier.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #20 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:29 pm

OMFG!!!!!!! onec it was face up it gains its effect at taht time no turns have passed since it was face up thus it has no atk or def value!!! what part of this do you ppl not understand???????

Return to “Spam Paradise”