My simplest and most commonly ran kind custom trap card

Post your custom made cards in this forum
NiwatoriFTW

Re: My simplest and most commonly ran kind custom trap card

Post #21 by NiwatoriFTW » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:09 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
CrawTheShrimp wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
and this is the issue with the current generation, you people seem to think EVERYTHING needs a cost. I started out in LOB back in 2002. back then very few cards had costs.

Stop acting like you know everything, back in the day, everything was simple. Maybe back then, the effects arent that good and doesnt even need cost (expect Pot Of Greed and Charity but you get my point). Nowaday, people pay cost to justify if the effects are good or not. Since why arent you paying anything when you played a card this broken ?

How is a card that prevents SS upon NS effects broken? I made this trap to stop spam summon cas that all u ppl run today. if you ppl would just summon ONCE a turn i wouldnt need this trap.
CrawTheShrimp: "Nowadays ppl pay costs"

THAT is the issue, you ppl are so used to ur current generation of BS that everything needs a cost!!! The only cards i ever add costs to are my counter traps, just like how konami has costs for the following counter traps: 7 tools of the bandit, magic jammer, cursed seal of the forbidden spell.

Frankly, you need to stop blaming everyone else and engage in some introspection. The game changed, card design has changed, it's not the same as it was nearly two decades ago. And, while you refuse to adapt and keeps playing like it was 2011 or earlier, you also keep shoving restrictions to your opponents in form of custom cards that makes both players play like it was 2003.

You also used Konami's judgement on effects and costs creation. The company still struggles with balancing their cards nowadays, to the point that some needs to hit the banlist in the same year they get released. How would their judgement from decades ago be any better than it is today? Just because you consider the current game state BS? Quite the arbitrary reasoning here, which you fail to see as don't get off your high horse.

Lastly, funny how you "wouldnt need this trap" if people played the way you didn't "spam summon". Tons of players deal with that every day without cards like yours and still win. You realize that this card does way more than what you intend to, right? To put things in perspective, Lose 1 Turn is a two-sided card that requires a proper deck or gameplay to make the best of it, not working on every deck. Yours, on the other hand, requires no resources or setup to have it on the field, affects just one player on both monster effects AND attacks and it's even part of an archetype, which probably ensues protection or searchability.

You just need to understand that things change and that old concepts and personal preferences or standards doesn't justify impositions like your card does.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #22 by LightCaster » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:30 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
CrawTheShrimp wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
The only cards i ever add costs to are my counter traps, just like how konami has costs for the following counter traps: 7 tools of the bandit, magic jammer, cursed seal of the forbidden spell.

Bullshit.

Debt

Post #23 by Debt » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:20 am

CrystalMusic wrote:No. That card needs to be rebanned. It was banned all those years for a reason. it needs to be rebanned for that reason. Its broken. Free board wipe!

We're gonna discount my actual feeling on raigeki for this.

Why is a costless board wipe that happens once worse than a costless one-sided Lose 1 Turn that hits Flip Summons, Normal Summons and Normal Monsters with no downsides, has minimal set-up, is searchable and persists for the entire duel? With Raigeki I at least get to use my cards even if I lose them at a later time and it only happens once. Your trap makes it so that my monsters are useless and get picked off on your next turn. I'd rather have toys and then have them get broken than have my toys smashed before I can even get them.

Raigeki is a card that can swing the momentum of the duel back into a player's favor or in a best case scenario give the player the ability to win the duel. But it doesn't guarantee the win on it's own and the opponent, provided they didn't lose, can recover from Raigeki and regain momentum. And this can only happen once.

Your trap completely saps momentum from your opponent. Forever. Your opponent can never be the proactive player the moment the trap activates. Your opponent is trapped in a Red Queen's Race; the best they can do is run as hard as they can but they just remain in the same place but never ahead. But since the traps are all one-sided you're allowed to gain incremental gains until you just win because your opponent is too crippled to effectively fight back for the remainder of the duel. The egregiousness is compounded by the fact that you refuse to be proactive so duels become do nothing vs unable to do anything.

Your trap is actually more broken than raigeki.

CrawTheShrimp

Post #24 by CrawTheShrimp » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:39 am

Ok, so basically you are saying that your card is balance because it STOPPED "spam summon". But then, it is a Continous Trap. What is balance about it if your opponent cant combo play and its just you who combo into a 5k beatstick ?
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #25 by CrystalMusic » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:40 am

CrawTheShrimp wrote:Ok, so basically you are saying that your card is balance because it STOPPED "spam summon". But then, it is a Continous Trap. What is balance about it if your opponent cant combo play and its just you who combo into a 5k beatstick ?

i never combo anything to make a 5k beatstick. my cards are simple. ussually they only have 1 summon a turn, if not, they have a discard or LP cost to SS upon Normal Summon unlike most others customs which dont have any costs
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrawTheShrimp

Post #26 by CrawTheShrimp » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:29 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
CrawTheShrimp wrote:Ok, so basically you are saying that your card is balance because it STOPPED "spam summon". But then, it is a Continous Trap. What is balance about it if your opponent cant combo play and its just you who combo into a 5k beatstick ?

i never combo anything to make a 5k beatstick. my cards are simple. ussually they only have 1 summon a turn, if not, they have a discard or LP cost to SS upon Normal Summon unlike most others customs which dont have any costs

Nowaday, sending cards to GY to SS is seen as a +1 since most cards nowaday activate in the GY, for the LP one, LP doesn't really matter
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

NiwatoriFTW

Post #27 by NiwatoriFTW » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:33 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

Not that LP cost has been that relevant since 2008-9, as people have been running 3 copies of cards like Solemn Judgement or A Hero Lives whenever it was possible. And discarding a card is basically irrelevant when your decks continuously maintain card advantage through continuous Spells/Traps or Ignition Effects of Monsters that search for more of their archetype (sometimes even any kind of card) with no HOPT and plenty of protection by their own or easy, searchable cards.

The "combo" in question is how your deck keeps effortlessly and advantageously gathering power while keeping the opponent cornered with your untouchable, restricting cards. This has no parallels in the actual card game, which is everyone's parameter to determine how good, bad or broken is a card. Your parameter is basically whatever makes you not lose and ignore everything the opponent does. Might as well play solo with cards like those, as there's no challenge for you and it's completely pointless for whoever faces you.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #28 by LightCaster » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:54 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

Once again, I'm calling bullshit. I can name 6 times when you were using your pony deck and all of them contact fuse into a 5000 beatstick with the effect that essentially reads "This card cannot be targetted or destroyed by card effects ever." Which seems to be an effect you love putting on ALL YOUR CARDS.

ArekuKun

Post #29 by ArekuKun » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:25 pm

Here's a way (in my opinion) for you to make it more balanced, without adding any cost:
"(This card is always treated as a "Werewolf" card)

Monsters cannot attack the turn they are summoned, also any monster's effect that include a special summon cannot be activated and/or resolved"
What do you think about it CrystalMusic ? ^^
-ArekuKun :D

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #30 by LightCaster » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:47 am

ArekuKun wrote:Here's a way (in my opinion) for you to make it more balanced, without adding any cost:

Monsters cannot attack the turn they are summoned, also any monster's effect that include a special summon cannot be activated and/or resolved"

You fool! Little do you know that when it comes to fixing CrystalMusic's cards, it warrents immediate beration from the man himself, for he finds himself above the ideology of making his cards balanced.

Debt

Post #31 by Debt » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:07 am

ArekuKun wrote:Here's a way (in my opinion) for you to make it more balanced, without adding any cost:

Stopping special summons is just an excuse to be able to mindlessly shut down his opponent.

CrawTheShrimp

Post #32 by CrawTheShrimp » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:09 am

Why are we still talking about CrystalMusic ? He is CrystalMusic, for crying out loud, he made OP customs and won't stop making them.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #33 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:27 pm

great idea ill change it to that (ill also give you credit for this at the bottom of the text in ( ) marks
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

james111

Post #34 by james111 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:46 pm

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #35 by CrystalMusic » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:09 am

james111 wrote:A card made to bypass this: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1241263

wont work! my card is faster, u cant do anything till after my card is banished

james111

Post #36 by james111 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:09 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
james111 wrote:A card made to bypass this: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1241263

wont work! my card is faster, u cant do anything till after my card is banished

Remember: all of his Banished cards are now useless and LITERALLY negated when this card is banished + cards with "Monsters your opponent summons cannot attack or activate/resolve their effects during the same turn in which they are summoned" in their text are negated (4 lyfe) and This card's effects work even on cards that are unaffected by other card effects.

Renji Asuka

Post #37 by Renji Asuka » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:08 pm

FYI, there is no such thing as a "Banish Zone". Also, imo, better just make it a pendulum card and have it work from the extra deck face up.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CrawTheShrimp

Post #38 by CrawTheShrimp » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:47 am

I know that your customs is an "anti-troll" card but please, Banished Zone isn't a term

ReaperTsaku

Post #39 by ReaperTsaku » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:39 pm

All I can see with this card is, "I'm not skilled enough to play around 'Spam Summoning' (even though that's been a major goal since the beginning of the game) so I'm forcing my opponent to play with a massive handicap."
I can't keep up with today's meta either, but instead of stopping everyone else from playing, I retired as a duelist and started making cards for my friends and me to use in casual, and for my friends to use against other players. Either get better or make cards that look like Konami would actually make them so that everyone could have fun seeing them in a duel.

underworld king styx

Post #40 by underworld king styx » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:17 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:Your card is basically one-sided skill drain for cards that do anything on summon, which is a lot of cards that are in the game and what people make.

EXACTLY!!! its to overused and its my way of getting people to stop using the same strategy of these kinds of effects all the time. You dotn see me spam summoning to win my duels do you? In an advanced duel, usually i win with either my synchro deck, my water deck or my watts. the only deck i run that is able to spam summon is six sams. so unlike most of the site, i dont need spam summon to win a duel. and if i can win without spam summon, so can the rest of you.

and if you say: then win with spam summon like the majority of us, news flash!!! been there, done that, its called six sams!

You spam summoned last night ((7 Special Summons in one turn)) too win the duel against me because your customs are so incoherent that their is no fluidness to your draw power and opening. The only way you made it by 3 whole turns was by "banishing a fusion monster from the extra deck that has the effect: While this card is banished apply the following effects: you cannot lose the duel unless "Paladin of The Divines" is destroyed." In turn that Divines monster is so swollen with card effect to turn off every card effect and base summon 60,000. That's what I call a desperate act of never wanting to lose, but in the end when you turn off that computer screen you realize you never really won at all.
I call out your name even in death! As King I command you to rise! Let your rotten scream command an army of the dead! Syncro Summon! Never dying potential! Ascend death, Red-Eyes Zombie Necro Dragon!

Return to “Custom Cards”