new rule idea

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
CrystalMusic
Mood:

new rule idea

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:05 am

The Rule: Disobeying a Duel Note.

Let me make this short and simple:
1st things first: If one can read a yu-gi-oh cards effect, then there is no excuse as to why they cannot read a duel note ruleset one has in their duel note, except for the following reasons:
1: you are intentionally disobeying the duel note to piss off the host (which should be seen as trolling and thus punishable under the trolling rule)
2: you didnt read the duel note
3: you cant read (in which case why are you even playing Yu-Gi-Oh?)

As for what i believe the punishment should be? a simple new kind of ban called; Duel Locking. What is Duel Locking? Allow me to simplify it: Its where you cannot duel against the player you just dueled against for a set time limit while online.

Heres the overall example of how i think "Disobeying a Duel Note" should work if it becomes a rule:
Player 1: is hosting in adavanced unrated with duel note: 1st gen & GX only.
Player 2: is accepted by player 1 and is using Danger! archetype which is clearly not 1st gen nor gx and player 2 knows its not 1st gen or gx but joins anyways.
*duel porceeds as normal*
Player 2 plays a "Danger!" card knowing it violates the duel note ruleset but doesnt care.
Player 1: *gets upset*
Player 2: ignores upset Player 1 and continues to play Danger! cards because they think its funny seeing somone get pissed off over a duel note
Player 1: *Quits duel*

What should happen: Player 2 receives a warning from side judge/admin to not disobey "name of player 1's" duel note again

The strike system for this? Simple:
1st strike: Warning from judge
2nd Strike: 2nd warning and warning of being locked out of dueling against "name of player who had the duel note they diosbeyed" for 24 hours
3rd strike: player can no longer duel against "Name of player" whos duel note they disobeyed for 24 hours

If this strike rules dont make sense let me use my name and a random player im gonna call "Abe" to simplify it for you:
1: im hosting in advanced unrated duel note: 1st gen, gx, 5ds only.
2: Abe joins and is using Danger!
3: I report Abe to judge
4: Judge warns Abe to not disobey the duel note again
5: I host again, same duel note
6: Abe Joins again
7: Abe disobeys duel note again
8: i tell judge that Abe disobeyed duel note a 2nd time
9: Judge warns abe not to disobey a 3rd time or they will get "Duel Locked" from dueling against me for the next 24 hours
10: Abe joins again, disobeys duel note again
11: i tell judge that Abe disobeyed duel note for 3rd time
12: judge "Locks" Abe from joining duels I, Crystal Music, host for 24 hours

This is the idea i have, itll prevent people who intentionally disobey duel notes to piss off the host, from dueling the host for 24 hours if they disobey the duel notes to often. I think this will make dueling book, and its user base, to be more aware of duel notes as some just dont care to read the duel notes, when some duel notes are vital to ones duel (mine are always vital as they are the rulesets to my duels)

I hope the administration team and site leaders will look into this and hopefully make this a new rule. Other than all that, have a nice day.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:42 am

just leave if somebody joins ur game ignoring what you want. We arent going to freeze people for joining an unranke game that says no xyz pend synchro effect normal ritual fusion pendulum monsters and using cards. there is a reason we dont record your unranked games and apply a rating and rank to them. it is "unranked" you are free to play as you please and people might not always accomodate or admit defeat or such and that is fine.

in fact the only person who gets genuinely upset because people join their restricted duel note games is you. nobody else complains they just leave the game and try again "not accepting the prior user"

At the very most people report to us their unranked opponent wont admit defeat and we inform the user to just leave and they can block the user if they don wany to play them again.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Debt

Post #3 by Debt » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:48 am

Basically there's no reason for new infrastructure to be made and volunteer personnel to be pulled for the enforcement of a rule that will only apply to unrated. The reason rated has all these rules is to protect competitive integrity. There are no stakes in unrated, you quitting in unrated doesn't matter.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #4 by CrystalMusic » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 am

Genexwrecker wrote:just leave if somebody joins ur game ignoring what you want. We arent going to freeze people for joining an unranke game that says no xyz pend synchro effect normal ritual fusion pendulum monsters and using cards. there is a reason we dont record your unranked games and apply a rating and rank to them. it is "unranked" you are free to play as you please and people might not always accomodate or admit defeat or such and that is fine.

in fact the only person who gets genuinely upset because people join their restricted duel note games is you. nobody else complains they just leave the game and try again "not accepting the prior user"

At the very most people report to us their unranked opponent wont admit defeat and we inform the user to just leave and they can block the user if they don wany to play them again.

well i play on here to cope with my autism. When i cant cope, i get irritated much more easily and thus much more easily pissed off, that would be due to the Leo blood within me and my cherokee blood as well.

And why should i make a judges job easier??? just wondering? for example: if someone keeps messaging me after i asked them to stop, which is harassment, why should i just block them when its a judges job to deal with the rule breakers? honest question. im not trying to sound like a douche bag, im just asking a question.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #5 by Debt » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:11 am

These are just excuses to avoid personal accountability.

You don't need a judge to deal with that. Judges exist to maintain competitive integrity, not be your nanny. There's a reason why the criteria for selecting new judges is based on their knowledge on rulings.

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:53 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:just leave if somebody joins ur game ignoring what you want. We arent going to freeze people for joining an unranke game that says no xyz pend synchro effect normal ritual fusion pendulum monsters and using cards. there is a reason we dont record your unranked games and apply a rating and rank to them. it is "unranked" you are free to play as you please and people might not always accomodate or admit defeat or such and that is fine.

well i play on here to cope with my autism. When i cant cope, i get irritated much more easily and thus much more easily pissed off, that would be due to the Leo blood within me and my cherokee blood as well.

And why should i make a judges job easier??? just wondering? for example: if someone keeps messaging me after i asked them to stop, which is harassment, why should i just block them when its a judges job to deal with the rule breakers? honest question. im not trying to sound like a douche bag, im just asking a question.
congrats ur preaching to a person with autism
it is literally impossible to cater to what every kind of person wants or needs. and you wouldnt be making a judges job easier you would be making them harder. Judging believe it or not is already extremely difficult which is why less than 10% of people can even pass our test compared to the konami one. Adding stuff to our lists from unranked doubles the work load and decreases the ammount of help in ranked for people who really need it more for gameplay related issues. We have tried to make duelingbook as user friendly as possible. we arent able to monitor the thousands of slightly bothersome or irritating messages people get every day and getting those notifications can be annoying and ruin the experience for a user. Hence why we gave users the power to stop the messages themselves we do have rules that cover the more harsher thigns said such as death threats and the like but most minor things are stuff people ignore in real life on a daily basis so we figured they should have the ability to ignore such messages on duelingbook too.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Return to “Suggestions”