A simple idea that can be helpful.

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
KUDO

A simple idea that can be helpful.

Post #1 by KUDO » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:09 pm

Hello. How are you doing?

I dunno if this is the proper place to put my thread, but I'll give it a shot. ;D

I've a suggestion or another add-on that can be added to the game. Since you guys had added a lot of good features and extensions to the game like (Solo mode, Pause The Game and etc.)

As you can see in the pic above, the Atk/Def Points for any monster on the field are stable.
I was wondering why don't you guys make it also changeable?

As an expert C# and photon Engine coder. I know that it's easy to modify this field as its supposed to be a string variable attached to the card and uploaded to the server. So as the LifePoints .. you can edit Atk/Def.. I think it will be helpful for duelists.. Especially we've a lot of monsters strength changing...

If you refuse that suggestion. Don't get mad.. it was only an idea xD

Thanks for reading
Kindest regard..

Kalsan

Post #2 by Kalsan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:15 pm

The idea is not bad, it could get messy at times but having the option would be interesting
Just an account :idea:

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:33 pm

This same thing was suggested back on dueling network's forum, and the answer was something along the lines of "no because dueling network is supposed to mimic real life and you can't modify atk and def in real life without messing up the card" which is just dumb. Simulators aren't real life. They aren't supposed to mimic real life. They're supposed to be their own thing, and they're supposed to be an easier alternative to real life, which should involve being able to modify the atk and def to help remember things better.

It is in true that ATK and DEF of monsters can currently be modified in-game, and that some javascript code or add-on could facilitate that. I know this because I myself was able to modify the ATK of monsters by right clicking on the monster, inspecting element, and modifying the stats from there using the console, and I was even able to change the "ATK" and "DEF" value to words and letters like "hello world". It's just that it resets back to normal when the monster is moved elsewhere or flipped face-down, when it's stats are modified using this method.
https://streamable.com/z8ijvd
https://streamable.com/4ppspg

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:34 pm

Christen57 wrote:This same thing was suggested back on dueling network's forum, and the answer was something along the lines of "no because dueling network is supposed to mimic real life and you can't modify atk and def in real life without messing up the card" which is just dumb. Simulators aren't real life. They aren't supposed to mimic real life. They're supposed to be their own thing, and they're supposed to be an easier alternative to real life, which should involve being able to modify the atk and def to help remember things better.

It is true that ATK and DEF of monsters can currently be modified in-game, and that some javascript code or add-on could facilitate that. I know this because I myself was able to modify the ATK of monsters by right clicking on the monster, inspecting element, and modifying the stats from there using the console, and I was even able to change the "ATK" and "DEF" value to words and letters like "hello world". It's just that it resets back to normal when the monster is moved elsewhere or flipped face-down, when it's stats are modified using this method.
https://streamable.com/z8ijvd
https://streamable.com/4ppspg

james123
Mood:

Post #5 by james123 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:30 pm

KUDO wrote:Hello. How are you doing?

I dunno if this is the proper place to put my thread, but I'll give it a shot. ;D

I've a suggestion or another add-on that can be added to the game. Since you guys had added a lot of good features and extensions to the game like (Solo mode, Pause The Game and etc.)

As you can see in the pic above, the Atk/Def Points for any monster on the field are stable.
I was wondering why don't you guys make it also changeable?

As an expert C# and photon Engine coder. I know that it's easy to modify this field as its supposed to be a string variable attached to the card and uploaded to the server. So as the LifePoints .. you can edit Atk/Def.. I think it will be helpful for duelists.. Especially we've a lot of monsters strength changing...

If you refuse that suggestion. Don't get mad.. it was only an idea xD

Thanks for reading
Kindest regard..

Oh yeah, The Ability to change the Type and Attribute through icons are cool too.

Nightmare in Reality

Post #6 by Nightmare in Reality » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:55 pm

Why make it changeable? It's very easy to keep track of modified stats.

Return to “Serious Discussions”