What's Wrong with the Meta?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Dark Priscilla
Mood:

What's Wrong with the Meta?

Post #1 by Dark Priscilla » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:48 pm

What's wrong with the meta today? People act like not giving your opponent a chance is strategy, people copying Decks and thinking that they are the best thing, people using insidious and underhanded strategies in order to win? What happened to fair play? What happened to this game as a whole? I used to love collecting cards, now I curse every card that is newly printed out. I curse the company that think that this is remotely unfair. I curse everyone who defend them.
Go, my child, and live! Then when you have done all these amazing things, come to my grave, and tell me all about it.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Welcome to Yugioh, where meta constantly evolves at an even faster speed than ever before. Djinn Lock Nekroz was never fair. Dragon Rulers were never fair. PePe was never fair. Crusadia Guardragons were never fair. True King Dinos were never fair. Zoodiacs weren't even fair.

Just because there is a banlist out there doesn't mean that tier 0 decks won't ever come out again. People believed that with Dragon Rulers banned, things would become a lot more healthy in Yugioh. That was, until PePe was introduced. The same thing happened long back when TeleDAD was a thing. (And should I even mention Chaos Yata Lock and Exchange of the Spirit FTK for that matter?)

Even when Trickstars were printed out people thought things couldn't get worse. But look where they are now. They even went to worlds. Now we have Mystic Mine Altergeists and pure TD's ruling the meta.

Someone in the custom format once told me, "The objective of Yugioh is to make sure your opponent cannot play Yugioh." I've learned to get used to it, and I suggest you do the same if you don't want to continue losing against other players who migrate to an ever-evolving format. Komoney hasn't even stopped printing out tier 0 formats, and they certainly don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

Wasteland Souljah
Mood:

Post #3 by Wasteland Souljah » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:25 am

I'm sorry. I'm sorry people were mean to you. I'm sorry you were heavily criticized. I'm sorry it drove you to end your life. If people learn to understand people, they wouldn't end up in the same place you were. I feel guilty, through my inaction, I have allowed someone that was kind and sweet to no longer exist.
Thank you Priscilla.

xDEADCENTREx

Post #4 by xDEADCENTREx » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:13 pm

Dark Priscilla wrote:What's wrong with the meta today? People act like not giving your opponent a chance is strategy, people copying Decks and thinking that they are the best thing, people using insidious and underhanded strategies in order to win? What happened to fair play? What happened to this game as a whole? I used to love collecting cards, now I curse every card that is newly printed out. I curse the company that think that this is remotely unfair. I curse everyone who defend them.

TL DR you are upset that you don't have enough sway in the game, or ability to buy new cards constantly.

WAH WAH Become a Judge get 24 Packs per event, move to a nice spot, NOPE INSTEAD CRY ME A RIVER

Love the topic lol, makes you look silly :D

xDEADCENTREx

Post #5 by xDEADCENTREx » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Wasteland Souljah wrote:I'm sorry. I'm sorry people were mean to you. I'm sorry you were heavily criticized. I'm sorry it drove you to end your life. If people learn to understand people, they wouldn't end up in the same place you were. I feel guilty, through my inaction, I have allowed someone that was kind and sweet to no longer exist.
Thank you Priscilla.

I am sorry people have feelings half the time not gonna lie

Storm Crow

Post #6 by Storm Crow » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:36 am

Dark Priscilla wrote:What's wrong with the meta today? People act like not giving your opponent a chance is strategy, people copying Decks and thinking that they are the best thing, people using insidious and underhanded strategies in order to win? What happened to fair play? What happened to this game as a whole? I used to love collecting cards, now I curse every card that is newly printed out. I curse the company that think that this is remotely unfair. I curse everyone who defend them.

actual skill play has become the minority mindset with the new wave of yugioh players.

there are places still were strategy and skillful play are abundant and well respected thing liked there is a discord server called FiC that is all about that good stuff.

it's a custom format with limited cardpool but it's fun and is a refreshing way to play from the usual meta where +ing is easier than counting pennies on the floor.

https://discord.gg/cRP8zn invite link

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:06 pm

troglyte
Mood:

Post #8 by troglyte » Sun May 03, 2020 5:07 am

This is the part where you switch to Speed Duels/Rush Duels! Be free, bird, be free!
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Christen57

Post #9 by Christen57 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:00 pm

xDEADCENTREx wrote:

TL DR you are upset that you don't have enough sway in the game, or ability to buy new cards constantly.

WAH WAH Become a Judge get 24 Packs per event, move to a nice spot, NOPE INSTEAD CRY ME A RIVER

Love the topic lol, makes you look silly :D

To be fair, no one will ever have the "ability to buy new cards constantly". Money doesn't grow on trees, which is why it really is frustrating to invest in a strong deck only for it to either get powercrept out of existence, or banned. I stick to online simulators like duelingbook and ygopro. I don't pay for real life cards and I don't recommend anyone do so either.

Return to “Serious Discussions”