my most balanced custom archetype

Post your custom made cards in this forum
CrystalMusic
Mood:

my most balanced custom archetype

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:22 am

i also want your opinion if i should make this entire archetype avaliable to the public. NOTE: i thought of this long before the twilightworns. i thought of this archetype 1 week after the release of the lightsworns. i though: ok we have light, now we need dark, imma go design some "Darksworns". it wasnt until DB that i was actually able to make these and use them

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=3036595

its mostly the same effect, with one minor change. i also added in a few (very few) cards with my own twist, for added protection.

note: ignore the extradeck, i always run those in every custom deck. beides the only one i really use is the denied card when it comes to this archetype.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #2 by Debt » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:31 am

You can pay 2000 LP; banish all cards in your opponents hand, and on their field and GY

five

Post #3 by five » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:34 am

This goes well beyond Retribution Dragon being a better version of CED, Gandora and Gumblar combined; this means it's utterly broken. This is a complete failure in understanding the design philosophy behind Lightsworns in the context of their initial release.

ICannotPlayYu-Gi-Oh!

Post #4 by ICannotPlayYu-Gi-Oh! » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:41 am

Definition of balanced: "being in a state of balance; having different parts or elements properly or effectively arranged, proportioned, regulated, considered, etc."

Unfortunately, this archetype is not balanced. Try again.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:01 pm

Debt wrote:You can pay 2000 LP; banish all cards in your opponents hand, and on their field and GY

if you would realize i made this to counter the lightsworns, and how difficult it is to summon my Retribution Dragon, it makes sense
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:06 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=402242 there i "Balanced" its effect. you happy now???

xDEADCENTREx

Post #7 by xDEADCENTREx » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:09 pm

I could add constructive feedback, however the place I am at doesn't have the ability to run flash, which is required to read the links.

If you are able to provide plain text versions for me to review, I would be glad to assist you in balancing your cards with you, and I am available also via Discord. (I am DB Discord Banned, so I can DM you instead)

Kappa Mikey

Post #8 by Kappa Mikey » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:22 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:You can pay 2000 LP; banish all cards in your opponents hand, and on their field and GY

if you would realize i made this to counter the lightsworns, and how difficult it is to summon my Retribution Dragon, it makes sense

If you realized that you've made a summoning condition far too easy for such over powered effect that it would make Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth envious, the critic makes sense.

Justifying Retribution Dragon's effect by saying it was made to counter Lightsworns is in the same level of saying that you've acquired a gun to get kids off your lawn: both are somewhat feasible and far excessive for the intended result.

Also, I am not sure how Darksworn Judgement would summon Retribution from the hand without ignoring its summoning conditions. If it was originally meant to ignore, it is even more reason to criticise its OP effect. If it wasn't, it is an impossible effect and, thus, I would recommend removing that part.
Last edited by Kappa Mikey on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Debt

Post #9 by Debt » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:28 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:if you would realize i made this to counter the lightsworns, and how difficult it is to summon my Retribution Dragon, it makes sense

Except it's not hard to summon. Your card checks for Darksworns in HAND, not just field, which is an insanely easy requirement to fulfill. CED was banned until its errata for over a decade for a weaker AND symmetrical version of this effect, Gumblar was banned for its disgusting hand disruption and it was basically symmetrical unless extra linked which required basically your entire extra deck to be spammed to accomplish. The new version is several degrees less egregious but its startling how you thought the original iteration was anything close to resembling balanced.

Return to “Custom Cards”