Supporting DB: Good?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
KingofMayhem

Supporting DB: Good?

Post #1 by KingofMayhem » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 am

Should I support DB financially? From what I've heard on here the management doesn't care about the site and the judges are awful. Is it moral to support DB? Or would it just be "feeding the beast"?

Storm Crow

Post #2 by Storm Crow » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:41 am

Sounds like you answered your own question.

LensStorm
Mood:

Post #3 by LensStorm » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:57 pm

No, it's feeding the beast. DB is a beast because it falsely claims to be the greatest dueling simulator in yugioh, but it turns out that this is not a very friendly site, but rather, a place where toxic people gather. This is the reason I asked the Admin Klubba to delete my account for good so that I could leave yugioh permanently.

KingOfMayhem

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:38 pm

99% of people who complain about the judges are the ones who don’t read the rules and get salty when the penalty guidelines are enforced. Duelingbook is the best simulator because it is the only simulator everything else are actual video games that don’t require you to play properly
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

penguin boi
Mood:

Post #5 by penguin boi » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:01 pm

5 days into waiting for a response to my appeal, probably won't get a response, and it will be shoved under the rug cause I was right.

'Texemav'

Post #6 by 'Texemav' » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:05 am

Genexwrecker wrote:99% of people who complain about the judges are the ones who don’t read the rules and get salty when the penalty guidelines are enforced. Duelingbook is the best simulator because it is the only simulator everything else are actual video games that don’t require you to play properly

Dueling Book is a toxic yugioh "simulator" site. People there are awful (Not all of the people but mostly, like 95%), judges are awful as well. Why the only excuse that people like you find as a defense to the site is "This makes you play manually, no a bot, bot not machinot, machine does everythang, you don't learn playing by a machine that does everythang, you noob i'm superior because i play manually, you noob, noob (This is a blatant lie, if you don't know the rulings of a card in first place how do you even will attempt to play the card? pseudo-einstein?, the Automatic Dueling Simulators makes you know, learn AND remember the rulings of each card, how to start a chain, when a chain ends, when a monster losses the timming to activate their effect, and a lot of stuff)",

This is a site where you must play manually << That's literally the only thing people will repeat over and over again to defend that site.

Genexwrecker

Post #7 by Genexwrecker » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:18 am

'Texemav' wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:99% of people who complain about the judges are the ones who don’t read the rules and get salty when the penalty guidelines are enforced. Duelingbook is the best simulator because it is the only simulator everything else are actual video games that don’t require you to play properly

Dueling Book is a toxic yugioh "simulator" site. People there are awful (Not all of the people but mostly, like 95%), judges are awful as well. Why the only excuse that people like you find as a defense to the site is "This makes you play manually, no a bot, bot not machinot, machine does everythang, you don't learn playing by a machine that does everythang, you noob i'm superior because i play manually, you noob, noob (This is a blatant lie, if you don't know the rulings of a card in first place how do you even will attempt to play the card? pseudo-einstein?, the Automatic Dueling Simulators makes you know, learn AND remember the rulings of each card, how to start a chain, when a chain ends, when a monster losses the timming to activate their effect, and a lot of stuff)",

This is a site where you must play manually << That's literally the only thing people will repeat over and over again to defend that site.

And the difference between being forced to play manually rather than automatic is you are responsible for any mistakes on how the cards operate. many many many a time I have a lot of calls where people defend their way they played the cards becasue "ygopro let me do this" this shows the automatic games cannot replicate the rules or encourage you to learn the rules. you dont know what the rules are becasue the site doesnt stop you if something is against the rules or allow an option to learn what was done incorrectly. an automatic game can never follow all the rules of the game not even legacy of the duelist is capable of this and thats the mainstream platform created by konami and it has more errors in that than ygopro.

Being automatic leaves zero room to learn about mistakes or how cards properly operate or the mechanics of the game. the only times you learn something doesnt work the way you think is if you want to try it and the game wont let you. Even in those cases The games are also not always correct and sometimes just doesnt let you do things that are legal but allow things that are illegal.

Playing the game manually like you would irl is the best way to prepare for actual play which is what you will be doing at a tournament. In the unrated section its all fun and games feel free to play however you want. Rated is where you acutally play the game following the rules and you as the player are responsible for knowing those rules and/or learning them. The site is not automatic so it does not hold your hand or guide you incorrectly. while there are many a troll that exist due to the nature of the internet there are also many people who want to help others learn or improve and everytime i see people help others out that just makes me happy.

I'm on the site purely to help the community and nothing more.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

/Act

Post #8 by /Act » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:36 am

Genexwrecker Looks like you've got enough salt already.
Praise the Sun! \|T|/

'Texemav'

Post #9 by 'Texemav' » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:01 pm

Storm Crow

Post #10 by Storm Crow » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:35 am

We don't have judges because who the fuck in their right mind would wanna deal with half of the shit we see on DB?

Then the judges we do have either have lives or some shit, that's unheard of like wow. obvious solution is make sure judge can be on and a drone 24/7 and it still wouldn't be good enough.

Storm Crow

Post #11 by Storm Crow » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:37 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
'Texemav' wrote:

And the difference between being forced to play manually rather than automatic is you are responsible for any mistakes on how the cards operate. many many many a time I have a lot of calls where people defend their way they played the cards becasue "ygopro let me do this" this shows the automatic games cannot replicate the rules or encourage you to learn the rules. you dont know what the rules are becasue the site doesnt stop you if something is against the rules or allow an option to learn what was done incorrectly. an automatic game can never follow all the rules of the game not even legacy of the duelist is capable of this and thats the mainstream platform created by konami and it has more errors in that than ygopro.

Being automatic leaves zero room to learn about mistakes or how cards properly operate or the mechanics of the game. the only times you learn something doesnt work the way you think is if you want to try it and the game wont let you. Even in those cases The games are also not always correct and sometimes just doesnt let you do things that are legal but allow things that are illegal.

Playing the game manually like you would irl is the best way to prepare for actual play which is what you will be doing at a tournament. In the unrated section its all fun and games feel free to play however you want. Rated is where you acutally play the game following the rules and you as the player are responsible for knowing those rules and/or learning them. The site is not automatic so it does not hold your hand or guide you incorrectly. while there are many a troll that exist due to the nature of the internet there are also many people who want to help others learn or improve and everytime i see people help others out that just makes me happy.

I'm on the site purely to help the community and nothing more.

Less is more.

Storm Crow

Post #12 by Storm Crow » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:42 am

penguin boi wrote:5 days into waiting for a response to my appeal, probably won't get a response, and it will be shoved under the rug cause I was right.

It takes the bank longer than that to affirm my paycheck. Most likely if you got froze by our non existent judges you must have really goofed.

DB community: We need more judges

Xteven: Hires more judges

DB Community: These judges suck ass

Xteven: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DB Community: REEEEE

DB Judges: Tips hat and logs off

long story short you want quality or quanity in people who can come in and handle your appeals?

Return to “Serious Discussions”