After trying to do what I wanted...

Say your goodbyes to the forum here
Jedx_EX
Mood:

After trying to do what I wanted...

Post #1 by Jedx_EX » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:04 am

I only came to Duelingbook in the first place is because I thought I'd be able to play anime cards there. I didn't know how my Chromebook could download YGO/EDOPRO. The fact that toxic people can block you for trying to be nice is too cruel, especially if you aren't allowed to have a final say.

This has happened to me far too much. The long duels that take over 30 minutes which don't end as good games, the broken effects, the sensitive players, the "!" cards in the search name bar that ruined my innocence. I couldn't take it no more. I'm leaving the Custom Format because it influences chaos and rejection to fair play that I spent days on, and it's the worse experience I ever had. It wastes time for people that could've done other things in life that amount to something, and I almost never get a good duel from there.
Last edited by Jedx_EX on Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #2 by Jedx_EX » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:12 am

If you want more replay to convince you, I'll be willing to share.

PENMASTER

Post #3 by PENMASTER » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:12 am

yea mate customs is hell out of all the duels i had on it one was not toxic big sad man
love2hate

PENMASTER

Post #4 by PENMASTER » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:13 am

and if you ever need a good chuckle my profile on the main site is full of toxic people dumb people getting rect and just funny thing happening so I hope that will make you feel better
love2hate

DarkPhenix

Post #5 by DarkPhenix » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:37 am

Playing custom on Dueling Book is begging to be slapped in the face with that kind of toxicity. Sorry that happened bro
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #6 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:01 am

However, what happened afterwards was jed decides to hound me while I'm dueling someone else
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=320-25183640

and then decides to get yet another person to bother me.
But imagine, if he explained where he was being "nice".

And as someone who is actually diagnosed with depression, I find this highly offensive.
b

troglyte
Mood:

Post #7 by troglyte » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:47 am

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:However, what happened afterwards was jed decides to hound me while I'm dueling someone else

And as someone who is actually diagnosed with depression, I find this highly offensive.

How illuminating.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

moonsamurai28
Mood:

Post #8 by moonsamurai28 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:50 am

If you going to be a dick about that, then quit playing yuigoh all together and find another game to play, asshole. Maybe they have a reason to block you cause you were acting like asshole about it and they didn't want to deal with negative people like you.
I’m evil to the core, what I shouldn’t do I will.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #9 by Jedx_EX » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:06 pm

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:However, what happened afterwards was jed decides to hound me while I'm dueling someone else

I wasn't trying to hound. The only thing I did was asking for why he blocked me in only 1 duel before leaving him alone, and I couldn't do that myself because he blocked me before I could say anything, because I didn't do nothing wrong. I was trying to be nice to the custom cards you were using, even after having an awful day. As for my friend in that screenshot, he had come to me asking why I quit Custom Singles, and I had to answer. I didn't tell him to chat with you. I apoligize for any offense you felt from him.
Last edited by Jedx_EX on Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #10 by Jedx_EX » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:34 pm

moonsamurai28 wrote:If you going to be a dick about that, then quit playing yuigoh all together and find another game to play, asshole. Maybe they have a reason to block you cause you were acting like asshole about it and they didn't want to deal with negative people like you.

You're referring to the wrong person. I wasn't the one who rushed out of the duel and blocked someone thinking "they weren't paying attention to the duel", responding negatively before I could say anything else. I wasn't planning on blocking him first, as I was gonna change my mind and let the duel continue. Name 1 thing I did that is worse than someone doing the mentioned reasons above, that would very much be appreciated. Unlike toxic people, I learn from my mistakes. And frankly, I'd rather accept words from more experienced people (Phenix) & someone who is used to real toxic people that never behave that way I do (PENMASTER) than someone that used to block their own friends (you).
Last edited by Jedx_EX on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #11 by Jedx_EX » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:20 pm

Last edited by Jedx_EX on Thu May 27, 2021 3:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #12 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:10 pm

Jedx_EX wrote:You see? This is an equivalent of trying to compliment on someone's "Magistus equip" deck, (because compliments are rare) until they used a Mystic Mine Trap during my turn, and even after asking for it to not be a long duel after mistakenly make a "Draw request", they took it as a threat and blocked me for taking "huh?" as not paying attention, instead of staying to convince me to continue the duel.

P.S. I thank those unbiased people who didn't side with the rage-quitter. But I understand if their friends do, because it's only natural. I just wished to have a peaceful week after making this post while taking care of someone who's sick. These posts aren't made for debating. Thank U.

This is the exact reason you were blocked, you aren't paying attention to anything anyone is saying, and the fact that you're clearly dense as hell.
b

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #13 by Jedx_EX » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:48 pm

Didn't you blocked me before ANYONE ELSE said anything? It was pretty clear from the beginning. Anyways, I'm sorry for hurting your feelings by reacting to a broken card that wasn't made by you, and for making this metaphor.
Last edited by Jedx_EX on Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #14 by troglyte » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:31 pm

#1: NEVER jump into random customs and expect a fun time. If you really want to play customs (which I don't recommend in the first place) find a group of people to play with and set clear ground rules for balance and power level.

#2: Jed_EX, I'm talking to you. Neo_Fire_Sonic does not owe you an explanation for why he blocked you. That is not your business. Trying to contact someone who doesn't want to be contacted by you is called harassment, regardless of your intentions.
he/him

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #15 by Jedx_EX » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:28 am

troglyte wrote:#1: NEVER jump into random customs and expect a fun time. If you really want to play customs (which I don't recommend in the first place) find a group of people to play with and set clear ground rules for balance and power level.

#2: Jed_EX, I'm talking to you. Neo_Fire_Sonic does not owe you an explanation for why he blocked you. That is not your business. Trying to contact someone who doesn't want to be contacted by you is called harassment, regardless of your intentions.

Thanks for clearing that up. I would never harass someone. My original idea was to respond with a metaphorical question, because I said this post isn't for arguing, especially after I apologized. And by your logic, do you think Neo_Fire_Sonic is harassing me on my post, since it isn't their business, and I didn't want to be contacted by them? Because it's like showing up in a conversation. (By the way, do you agree with PENMASTER and DarkPhenix?)
Last edited by Jedx_EX on Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #16 by troglyte » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:00 am

Jedx_EX wrote:
troglyte wrote:#1: NEVER jump into random customs and expect a fun time. If you really want to play customs (which I don't recommend in the first place) find a group of people to play with and set clear ground rules for balance and power level.

Thanks for clearing that up. My original idea was to respond with a metaphorical question, because I said this post isn't for arguing, especially after I apologized. And by your logic, moonsamurai28 and Neo_Fire_Sonic is harassing me on my post, since it isn't their business, and I didn't want to be contacted by them.

No, moonsamurai28 and Neo_Fire_Sonic are NOT harassing you.
You made a PUBLIC POST directly calling out Neo_Fire_Sonic for the egregious crime of what appears to be "not wanting to interact with you" and calling him toxic because of it. You made it EVERYONE'S business by making this thread, so he, as well as everyone else, has every right to respond to your post. You don't get to decide how people are allowed to react to it.
If trying to publicly shame him was not your intention, or if you are not happy with how people are responding to your post, then I suggest you delete this thread entirely.
Last edited by troglyte on Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
he/him

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #17 by Jedx_EX » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:16 am

troglyte wrote:
Jedx_EX wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up. My original idea was to respond with a metaphorical question, because I said this post isn't for arguing, especially after I apologized. And by your logic, moonsamurai28 and Neo_Fire_Sonic is harassing me on my post, since it isn't their business, and I didn't want to be contacted by them.

You made a PUBLIC POST directly calling out Neo_Fire_Sonic for the egregious crime of what appears to be "not wanting to interact with you" and calling him toxic because of it. You made it EVERYONE'S business by making this thread, so he, as long as everyone else, has every right to respond to your post. You don't get to decide how people are allowed to react to it.
If trying to publicly shame him was not your intention, or if you are not happy with how people are responding to your post, then I suggest you delete this thread entirely.

I didn't talk about him whatsoever in my first post. I had multiple tabs of other replays of other duels, and I accidently copy-pasted the 2nd most recent one, instead of the first. And it's too late to edit it out now. Anyways, I didn't know making a post is different than making a post on DB's main menu, cuz that's also where I replied to him, which you considered "harrassing". So what's the difference between my responses in the DB Main Menu, and Neo's in this post? I thought you meant that replying to someone's post in the DB main menu was considered "contacting" them.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #18 by troglyte » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:40 am

Jedx_EX wrote:
troglyte wrote:
Jedx_EX wrote:

You made a PUBLIC POST directly calling out Neo_Fire_Sonic for the egregious crime of what appears to be "not wanting to interact with you" and calling him toxic because of it. You made it EVERYONE'S business by making this thread, so he, as long as everyone else, has every right to respond to your post. You don't get to decide how people are allowed to react to it.

I didn't talk about him whatsoever in my first post. I had multiple tabs of other replays of other duels, and I accidently copy-pasted the 2nd most recent one, instead of the first. And it's too late to edit it out now. Anyways, I didn't know making a post is different than making a post on DB's main menu, cuz that's also where I replied to him, which you considered "harrassing". So what's the difference between my responses in the DB Main Menu, and Neo's in this post? I thought you meant that replying to someone's post in the DB main menu was considered "contacting" them.

Oh no you don't. You don't get to back out of this one.

In your original post you clearly state:

"The fact that toxic people can block you for trying to be nice is too cruel, especially if you aren't allowed to have a final say." which is immediately followed by the replay in question. And based on Neo_Fire_Sonic's post responding to this, it can be concluded that you are directly talking about Neo_Fire_Sonic. Don't you dare pretend that you're not.

The difference is simple. Neo_Fire_Sonic blocked you on duelingbook. That's all he did. And for some reason, this warrants you stalking him in another duel (you are correct, Jed, there is only one instance of this behavior on record), shit-talking about him to your friends, who then harassed him on your behalf (maybe you shouldn't shit talk people to your friends if you don't know what they are going to do with that information), and to top it all off, you made this thread, publicly calling him out and disguising it as a farewell thread. And after all that, you have the audacity to claim that him responding to your post is harassment??
Last edited by troglyte on Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
he/him

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #19 by Jedx_EX » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:51 am

@troglyte
1. This is not pretend. The reason I made this post is because the problem is repeating. If being blocked by him is all that happened, then I WOULDN'T have made this post. The problem is that the problem happened again in another duel after that duel I sent, by someone else, and that time, I didn't bother with her, as I learned from my mistakes, unlike them.

2. Duel(s?) Why did you say that? I was in only a few minutes of ONE duel. That is clearly not stalking someone if you've only seen them duel once. And I never talk bad of other people. He probably misinterpret what I meant by my face expressions. And I apoligized for that already.

3. It's my very first time making a post, so how do I delete one if there's no X mark? And one more question. If someone (say Neo_Fire_Sonic) posts their reply here, does it also makes it everybody's business too? If so, then why did you say it wasn't my business if he brought it up here, when I mistakenly shared the wrong replay!? Didn't thought of that, did you? I only pretended to apply your logic so that you could take the bait.

Edit: I fixed it. Now there should be no problem in the future. Can't believe I forgot to check sent the replay first, I could show you the lost replay, but this isn't supposed to be about other people. That's why my post is in the Farewells section.
Last edited by Jedx_EX on Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #20 by Lil Oldman » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:03 am

she?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Return to “Farewells”