Good-bye

Say your goodbyes to the forum here
LightCaster
Mood:

Good-bye

Post #1 by LightCaster » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:48 am

I'll stay around for the forum. But I'm taking a break from Yugioh. I'm not a fan of how people treat the metagame and prefer a card game where if you're not intentionally picking bad cards, any deck will work. I don't like the mindset of "this person has decided the winning decks, anyone who doesn't follow this is a fucking retard." Metagame and tier lists are formed based off of impossible theories and opinion and people who take those opinions as gospel just are toxic to me.

To those who use the mentality of "It's one or the other, not both" for winning/fun, that's just a dumb form of logic. A person who becomes the best in the world with one deck doesn't mean that deck is the best in the game. It means that duelist is the best in the game and he has optimized his deck for every contingency.

The deck-building process also makes little sense. Pure is deemed as "inviable" for almost every deck but we're also getting to a point where almost every "viable" deck is half generic staples, half archetypical cards. And the Extra Deck is 90% generic staples. What does that mean for decks that use a lot of their Extra Deck for archetypical cards like Dark Magician or Elemental Heroes? Is that just a case of "Fuckem"? or what's the mentality behind that?

Or for decks that DON'T use an Extra Deck like Timelords and Cubics, why are link monsters a necessity anyway? Timelords already do things in the deck without the need of an ED as well as Cubics. So why do I still need a link?

As for archetypes that I myself have wanted to play. How can they be absolute trash outside of "Their not in the tier list so those decks suck." Vampires are getting a new support card. Amazoness has been left in the dust for some reason. Frightfurs I have no idea if they even still get play. But it's dumb to immediately dismiss archetypes just because they're not in the tier list.

I'd rather play Vanguard because there I don't get people jumping down my throat for archetype choices or deck builds.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:52 am

Couple things I want to ask you on.

When did you first start playing the game competitively?

If you played during the xyz era, you'd know the extra deck was 90% staples and a few archetypal xyz if any.

So assuming you played back then, why is it okay to be like that back then, but not in today's yugioh?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #3 by LightCaster » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:04 am

Renji Asuka wrote:Couple things I want to ask you on.

When did you first start playing the game competitively?

If you played during the xyz era, you'd know the extra deck was 90% staples and a few archetypal xyz if any.

So assuming you played back then, why is it okay to be like that back then, but not in today's yugioh?

I tried playing competitively during the Xyz era. but I lacked the proper funding and got made fun of constantly at my locals for trying. And the difference is, at least for me is. You get more choices in deck instead of today's, what? 4? The main deck at least you can be more pure instead of half generic staples.

But I guess I know jack shit of what I speak sometimes.

DarkPhenix

Post #4 by DarkPhenix » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:06 pm

Bye
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

PENMASTER

Post #5 by PENMASTER » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:42 am

goodbye mate, I get the last point all too well but dm has a lot of broken cards to keep it from being trash well I hope you come back refreshed in a better meta and ignore the elitists here. ill keep improving my rouge decks till it becomes meta and I'm sure I can get your malefic deck there to
love2hate

greg503

Post #6 by greg503 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:14 am

LightCaster wrote:The deck-building process also makes little sense. Pure is deemed as "inviable" for almost every deck but we're also getting to a point where almost every "viable" deck is half generic staples, half archetypical cards.

Half generic staples, you mean we've come back to 2010 era deck-building?
Buy Floowandereeze

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #7 by LightCaster » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:45 am

greg503 wrote:
LightCaster wrote:The deck-building process also makes little sense. Pure is deemed as "inviable" for almost every deck but we're also getting to a point where almost every "viable" deck is half generic staples, half archetypical cards.

Half generic staples, you mean we've come back to 2010 era deck-building?

You're telling me to build a deck in 2010's. You also had to do it like you do today where today you need:

1x Called by the Grave
1x Raigeki
3x Effect Veiler
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
3x Ash Blossom Winter Cherries
3x Ghost Ogre and Snow Rabbit

Even then. Back in 2010's. you weren't told you're hindering yourself if you wanted to try going pure.

PENMASTER

Post #8 by PENMASTER » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:34 pm

switch the raigeki with feather duster and your right
love2hate

Renji Asuka

Post #9 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:29 am

Wait hold up, do people even play Ghost Ogre anymore?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #10 by LightCaster » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:24 am

Renji Asuka wrote:Wait hold up, do people even play Ghost Ogre anymore?

Fur Hires, Salamangreat and Psy-Frames are the three decks that come to mind.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #11 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:49 pm

remember, you chose not to put any timelord support cards in your deck
b

Return to “Farewells”