I'm leaving, have yourselves a good one.

Say your goodbyes to the forum here
Amr Khalid
Mood:

I'm leaving, have yourselves a good one.

Post #1 by Amr Khalid » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:43 pm

I registered my account back in 2017. I played around DB for a couple hours then left it. 3 years later I went back to duelingbook and got active with the community and made some friends.

I didn't really have any issue with the site until I had to interact with the very high ups in ranking (excluding klubba and player 1, they're good).

The way this site is handled is terrible. Every day and I can't even say almost because it is every day the site inevitably crashes and many people lose or win in rated because of it to the point where a good bunch of users are now afraid of playing rated so they don't crash and drop their rating. Even considering a daily monthly goal as a suggestion was ignored.

Then I have a problem, a couple of my friends got muted (including me which was resolved later) and they weren't told how they were muted.

The way xteven handles duelingbook is immature, you try to be like the other popular games where people who break rules get put with others who break the rules but if someone breaks a minor rule or you don't like them then they get muted without being notified.

Duelingbook players are treated like criminals, not even a tiny bit of warning or message to those who break the rules to make sure they don't do it again, not at all.

And if you ask xteven if he's an owner or an admin he'll respond with "no", a hierarchy that doesn't take its own system seriously.

Judges are of course told to shut up about it, if you ask any of the judges on why you were muted or for how long you'll get a response along the lines of "you wont be told" or "I'm not gonna tell you" until you ask a responsible moderator/admin.

I watched site raise and fall, and it only goes downhill from here, can't say I regret it but I can definitely say I was disappointed.

I'm staying on discord, amr#0359
Last edited by Amr Khalid on Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:51 pm

I’m sorry you feel that way as misguided as it may be. Wish you the best
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:59 pm

Wait, you can get "muted"? How?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #4 by Lil Oldman » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:09 pm

I think he says he didnt get an explanation(?) on why and didnt bothered to look at the rules and investigating it himself.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #5 by troglyte » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:14 pm

Well that was fast
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Christen57 wrote:Wait, you can get "muted"? How?

Being a horrible person
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

the flaming storm

Post #7 by the flaming storm » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:28 am

yo i got muted from db main menu and here is how it went down, i did nothing wrong man i did nothing wrong whatsoever. i didnt get no email, i got no chance to explain myself i just got muted and xteven didnt even tell me i got muted

DarkPhenix

Post #8 by DarkPhenix » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:13 pm

Funny dude
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

shadowman333

Post #9 by shadowman333 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:35 am

I got muted by a racist judge who was trying to suppress Japanese Culture before. He makes sense/

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #10 by Lil Oldman » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:12 pm

shadowman333 wrote:I got muted by a racist judge who was trying to suppress Japanese Culture before. He makes sense/

Where you talking to others in japanese or just talking about culture?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

shadowman333

Post #11 by shadowman333 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:38 am

culture on the db status page

d1234

Post #12 by d1234 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:00 pm

Amr Khalid wrote:I registered my account back in 2017. I played around DB for a couple hours then left it. 3 years later I went back to duelingbook and got active with the community and made some friends.

I didn't really have any issue with the site until I had to interact with the very high ups in ranking (excluding klubba and player 1, they're good).

The way this site is handled is terrible. Every day and I can't even say almost because it is every day the site inevitably crashes and many people lose or win in rated because of it to the point where a good bunch of users are now afraid of playing rated so they don't crash and drop their rating. Even considering a daily monthly goal as a suggestion was ignored.

Then I have a problem, a couple of my friends got muted (including me which was resolved later) and they weren't told how they were muted.

The way xteven handles duelingbook is immature, you try to be like the other popular games where people who break rules get put with others who break the rules but if someone breaks a minor rule or you don't like them then they get muted without being notified.

Duelingbook players are treated like criminals, not even a tiny bit of warning or message to those who break the rules to make sure they don't do it again, not at all.

And if you ask xteven if he's an owner or an admin he'll respond with "no", a hierarchy that doesn't take its own system seriously.

Judges are of course told to shut up about it, if you ask any of the judges on why you were muted or for how long you'll get a response along the lines of "you wont be told" or "I'm not gonna tell you" until you ask a responsible moderator/admin.

I watched site raise and fall, and it only goes downhill from here, can't say I regret it but I can definitely say I was disappointed.

I'm staying on discord, amr#0359

Seriously, how does this keep happening over and over! There is a problem
Remove Dark Cyborg from beginner.

PENMASTER

Post #13 by PENMASTER » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:23 am

man people who i proved were toxic and racist only got frozen and when I watched his duels he reported me for harassment and with the only evidence that he had is cause I called him a toxic bitch 3 times from months ago which one of the judges pming me about it didn't even provide any evidence there is bais here and how a lot of judges alt like their god it ticks me off they think their above us cause they passed some test in a card game site
love2hate

d1234

Post #14 by d1234 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:57 pm

Here is one of my greatest points to you:
I am not a troll, I am trying to save duelingbook from impending doom.
Take Amir Khalid for example, he has done nothing wrong.
Let’s say that most of you are right about it being boosting for the rest of this post;
the ethical thing to do would still be to remove Dark Cyborg, Orcustplaya, Amir Khalid and all the others.
BECAUSE ONE REPEATED THEME IS THAT THE PEOPLE BEING PUNISHED ARE NOT THE PEOPLE WHO DID WHAT EVER THEY ARE BEING PUNISHED FOR. If that doesn’t seen unethical to you, then I don’t know what to tell you.

greg503

Post #15 by greg503 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:21 am

d1234 wrote:Here is one of my greatest points to you:
Let’s say that most of you are right about it being boosting for the rest of this post;
the ethical thing to do would still be to remove Dark Cyborg, Orcustplaya, Amir Khalid and all the others.
BECAUSE ONE REPEATED THEME IS THAT THE PEOPLE BEING PUNISHED ARE NOT THE PEOPLE WHO DID WHAT EVER THEY ARE BEING PUNISHED FOR. If that doesn’t seen unethical to you, then I don’t know what to tell you.

But the people who did the things have (I assume) also been punished
Buy Floowandereeze

d1234

Post #16 by d1234 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:27 pm

greg503 wrote:

Some of them aren’t.
Some of them are.
Either way, it is wrong To punish innocent people

greg503

Post #17 by greg503 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:20 pm

d1234 wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Some of them aren’t.
Some of them are.

Dark Cyborg lost in the court of public appeals...
Buy Floowandereeze

d1234

Post #18 by d1234 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:32 pm

greg503 wrote:
d1234 wrote:
greg503 wrote:But the people who did the things have (I assume) also been punished

Some of them aren’t.
Some of them are.

Then there must be issue with the American court system

greg503

Post #19 by greg503 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:39 pm

d1234 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
d1234 wrote:Some of them aren’t.
Some of them are.

OR, you're just taking this too personally, were you falsely punished on DB before?
Buy Floowandereeze

d1234

Post #20 by d1234 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:43 pm

greg503 wrote:
d1234 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Dark Cyborg lost in the court of public appeals...

OR, you're just taking this too personally, were you falsely punished on DB before?

Never been punished that I know of

Return to “Farewells”