Banned from rated

Say your goodbyes to the forum here
Genexwrecker

Re: Banned from rated

Post #181 by Genexwrecker » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:20 am

troglyte wrote:Madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

no that would be called "insanity"
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

d1234

Post #182 by d1234 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:24 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
troglyte wrote:Madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

no that would be called "insanity"

I am not ‘insane’ I am stubborn.
Remove Dark Cyborg from beginner.

KTeknis

Post #183 by KTeknis » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:47 am

At this rate, this thread's post would surpass Christen's replay thread.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Christen57

Post #184 by Christen57 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:48 am

d1234 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
d1234 wrote:So if someone broke into your house, hacked into your internet, and broke Duelingbook rules, you would be responsible as well.

I don't get how this is supposed to refute my argument. Yes you are responsible for any rule-breaking on duelingbook that happens on your network as well as on your account, which is why you take measures to keep both of those safe from malicious users, such as password-protecting your account, your wi-fi, your computer, making sure you don't share the password to any of those with anyone else, as well as locking your doors to your home and having alarm systems and surveillance systems to increase safety and security.

The only way I could see someone "hacking" into a secure wi-fi would be brute-forcing, which would literally take months if not years to do since you're basically trying literally every possible password you can think of until one of them happens to be the right one.

It is ,ent to be a question. Let’s say that they get lucky, and guess right quickly. In theory, would you be punished?

You still don't seem to understand how extremely unlikely anything like that happening would be. Allow me to break it down for you.

In order for someone to first "break into" my home, they must first figure out exactly where my home it. Currently, there are at least a billion homes on this planet, so a guy looking to brute-force his way into my network would have to first check each and every one of these billions of homes on this planet to figure out which one I am in.

Once he manages to do that... somehow... he needs to get past my house's alarm system. This alarm system requires a 4-digit numerical code to deactivate. The possible digits are 0 through 9, which makes a total of 10 numbers. This means that a system that requires a 4-digit code with each digit being 1 of 10 possible numbers has a total of 10,000 different possible combinations. You get this number by multiplying 10 to the 4th power.

After this man goes through all 10,000 of the possible combinations, which is almost impossible since the alarm goes off if you enter the wrong code after about 4 or 5 times, he then needs to figure out the password to my wi-fi.

There are 26 lowercase letters in the alphabet along with 26 uppercase letters in the alphabet, plus 10 one-digit numbers — zero through nine — along with at least 20 additional special characters such as !@#$ and so on. That makes at least 82 possible characters a password 1 character long could be, so if you tried to guess a 1-character password correctly on your first try, you would have at most a 1/82 chance of doing so.

My wi-fi password happens to be at least 15 characters long. To calculate the odds of guessing a 15-character password correctly on your first try, we simply multiply 82 to the fifteenth power — 82^15 — and the result is 50,957,461,585,642,714,263,997,677,568.

In other words, you have literally a 1 in 50,957,461,585,642,714,263,997,677,568 chance of guessing my password correctly on your first try.

Your chances of guessing a 15-digit password correctly "quickly" is literally less than 0.000000000000000000000000002%. That is a zero, followed by a dot, followed by 26 more zeroes, followed by the number 2, followed by the percent symbol.

That's over 50 octillion different possible passwords you would have to go through to guess my wi-fi password.

You know how much an octillion is, right?

This is a million: 1,000,000.

This is a billion: 1,000,000,000.

This is a trillion: 1,000,000,000,000.

This is a quadrillion: 1,000,000,000,000,000.

This is a quintillion: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000.

This is a sextillion: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

This is a septillion: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

And this is an octillion: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

That's how much an octillion is.

But wait! There's more!

You also have to factor in the possibility of this bad guy getting caught breaking into my home and the police catching and arresting him.

Do you really think a guy would go through billions of homes on this planet to figure out which one I'm in, go through thousands of different possible alarm passcodes to figure out which one deactivates my alarm, then go through octillions of different possible passwords to figure out which one the correct one, all at the risk of getting caught by police and sentenced to years in prison, just to break some rules of a children's card game? I know I don't.

You do realize that all of that would literally take decades to accomplish, if not centuries, assuming you guess 10 passwords a second? Do you realize that you have a far better chance of winning the multi-billion dollar lottery at least 4 times in a row? Why on earth would someone waste their time trying to break into a random family's wi-fi to get someone banned from a children's card game and risk jail time when they are more likely to win the powerball jackpot of over 500 million dollars and the mega million jackpot of over 400 million dollars 4 times in a row?

greg503

Post #185 by greg503 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:11 pm

d1234 looks like an alt account name
Buy Floowandereeze

d1234

Post #186 by d1234 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:16 pm

Christen57 wrote:
d1234 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
I don't get how this is supposed to refute my argument. Yes you are responsible for any rule-breaking on duelingbook that happens on your network as well as on your account, which is why you take measures to keep both of those safe from malicious users, such as password-protecting your account, your wi-fi, your computer, making sure you don't share the password to any of those with anyone else, as well as locking your doors to your home and having alarm systems and surveillance systems to increase safety and security.

The only way I could see someone "hacking" into a secure wi-fi would be brute-forcing, which would literally take months if not years to do since you're basically trying literally every possible password you can think of until one of them happens to be the right one.

It is ,ent to be a question. Let’s say that they get lucky, and guess right quickly. In theory, would you be punished?

You still don't seem to understand how extremely unlikely anything like that happening would be. Allow me to break it down for you.

In order for someone to first "break into" my home, they must first figure out exactly where my home it. Currently, there are at least a billion homes on this planet, so a guy looking to brute-force his way into my network would have to first check each and every one of these billions of homes on this planet to figure out which one I am in.

Once he manages to do that... somehow... he needs to get past my house's alarm system. This alarm system requires a 4-digit numerical code to deactivate. The possible digits are 0 through 9, which makes a total of 10 numbers. This means that a system that requires a 4-digit code with each digit being 1 of 10 possible numbers has a total of 10,000 different possible combinations. You get this number by multiplying 10 to the 4th power.

After this man goes through all 10,000 of the possible combinations, which is almost impossible since the alarm goes off if you enter the wrong code after about 4 or 5 times, he then needs to figure out the password to my wi-fi.

There are 26 lowercase letters in the alphabet along with 26 uppercase letters in the alphabet, plus 10 one-digit numbers — zero through nine — along with at least 20 additional special characters such as !@#$ and so on. That makes at least 82 possible characters a password 1 character long could be, so if you tried to guess a 1-character password correctly on your first try, you would have at most a 1/82 chance of doing so.

My wi-fi password happens to be at least 15 characters long. To calculate the odds of guessing a 15-character password correctly on your first try, we simply multiply 82 to the fifteenth power — 82^15 — and the result is 50,957,461,585,642,714,263,997,677,568.

In other words, you have literally a 1 in 50,957,461,585,642,714,263,997,677,568 chance of guessing my password correctly on your first try.

Your chances of guessing a 15-digit password correctly "quickly" is literally less than 0.000000000000000000000000002%. That is a zero, followed by a dot, followed by 26 more zeroes, followed by the number 2, followed by the percent symbol.

That's over 50 octillion different possible passwords you would have to go through to guess my wi-fi password.

You know how much an octillion is, right?

This is a million: 1,000,000.

This is a billion: 1,000,000,000.

This is a trillion: 1,000,000,000,000.

This is a quadrillion: 1,000,000,000,000,000.

This is a quintillion: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000.

This is a sextillion: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

This is a septillion: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

And this is an octillion: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

That's how much an octillion is.

But wait! There's more!

You also have to factor in the possibility of this bad guy getting caught breaking into my home and the police catching and arresting him.

Do you really think a guy would go through billions of homes on this planet to figure out which one I'm in, go through thousands of different possible alarm passcodes to figure out which one deactivates my alarm, then go through octillions of different possible passwords to figure out which one the correct one, all at the risk of getting caught by police and sentenced to years in prison, just to break some rules of a children's card game? I know I don't.

You do realize that all of that would literally take decades to accomplish, if not centuries, assuming you guess 10 passwords a second? Do you realize that you have a far better chance of winning the multi-billion dollar lottery at least 4 times in a row? Why on earth would someone waste their time trying to break into a random family's wi-fi to get someone banned from a children's card game and risk jail time when they are more likely to win the powerball jackpot of over 500 million dollars and the mega million jackpot of over 400 million dollars 4 times in a row?

It is still POSSIBLE very unlikely but possible, and it is a theoretical statement, anyway.

d1234

Post #187 by d1234 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:17 pm

I know how unlikely that is.

Renji Asuka

Post #188 by Renji Asuka » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:00 pm

d1234 wrote:I know how unlikely that is.

Fun fact, admins make the rules not you.

Admins can also enforce the rules as much as they want or not as much as they want. You don't get to dictate that. Frankly, if I was one of the admins, I'd perma ban you if you posted 1 more time on this topic.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

d1234

Post #189 by d1234 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:20 pm

Yes, admins make the rules, but cannot change them AFTER someone makes a so-called offence and expect them to apply

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #190 by Lil Oldman » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:04 pm

d1234 wrote:Yes, admins make the rules, but cannot change them AFTER someone makes a so-called offence and expect them to apply

Fun fact, on paper the FDA allows you to fit up to 20 worms in a mushroom can of 100 grams, but in reality they actually use extremely smaller numbers, like 3-5 worms. because worms are worms, doesnt matter the species, like boosting is boosting, no matter the direction.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Genexwrecker

Post #191 by Genexwrecker » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:50 pm

d1234 wrote:Yes, admins make the rules, but cannot change them AFTER someone makes a so-called offence and expect them to apply

we 100% can

Christen57

Post #192 by Christen57 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:09 am

The information contained here is subject to change without prior notice. It's your responsibility to stay up to date.

That's what it says. You can't argue that the admins "cannot change them". Period. You need to stay up to date. If you don't, that's your fault. Also, the admins didn't change the part of the rules regarding boosting for the past several weeks as far as I'm aware.

Genexwrecker

Post #193 by Genexwrecker » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:12 am

Christen57 wrote:

The information contained here is subject to change without prior notice. It's your responsibility to stay up to date.

That's what it says. You can't argue that the admins "cannot change them". Period. You need to stay up to date. If you don't, that's your fault. Also, the admins didn't change the part of the rules regarding boosting for the past several weeks as far as I'm aware.

it has not changed boosting still includes but is not limited by the examples on the page. It is up to a judge and the judge team if x action falls under X category of the rule page.

kijani

Post #194 by kijani » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:44 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

it has not changed boosting still includes but is not limited by the examples on the page. It is up to a judge and the judge team if x action falls under X category of the rule page.

Imagine if you got arrested for a crime that isn't written down as law. That'd be wild right

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #195 by Lil Oldman » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:47 am

kijani wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Imagine if you got arrested for a crime that isn't written down as law. That'd be wild right

Actually law can do that. The example above that explains about how the FDA allows up to 20 worms for each 100 grams of mushrooms, but in reality you can get sued for much smaller amounts like 5 worms.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Renji Asuka

Post #196 by Renji Asuka » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:06 am

kijani wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I mean in Florida it is illegal to recieve oral sex from an alligator...think about how that law came to life.

Or in California, its illegal to ride a giraffe while fishing. People do things, which cause things to be illegal.

Christen57

Post #197 by Christen57 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:07 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
kijani wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:it has not changed boosting still includes but is not limited by the examples on the page. It is up to a judge and the judge team if x action falls under X category of the rule page.

I mean in Florida it is illegal to recieve oral sex from an alligator...think about how that law came to life.

Or in California, its illegal to ride a giraffe while fishing. People do things, which cause things to be illegal.

How do you have sex with an alligator? Wouldn't it bite you in the butt or something? How can a human and an alligator have a child? Those 2 aren't biologically compatible.

Also, after a bit of research, apparently it was illegal to ride an animal while fishing back in the 1920s or so, but not anymore? https://idfg.idaho.gov/question/i-keep-hearing-its-illegal-fish-back-camel-state-idaho-i-suspect-someone-playing-joke-or

Renji Asuka

Post #198 by Renji Asuka » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:22 am

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
kijani wrote:

How do you have sex with an alligator? Wouldn't it bite you in the butt or something? How can a human and an alligator have a child? Those 2 aren't biologically compatible.

Also, after a bit of research, apparently it was illegal to ride an animal while fishing back in the 1920s or so, but not anymore? https://idfg.idaho.gov/question/i-keep-hearing-its-illegal-fish-back-camel-state-idaho-i-suspect-someone-playing-joke-or

It's just dumb laws I read some years ago and these 2 stuck out.

d1234

Post #199 by d1234 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:56 pm

Christen57 wrote:

Yes, but that’s not at all what I’m saying. I’m saying that the rules cannot apply if they are made after.
Also, yes, the rules did not change.

d1234

Post #200 by d1234 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:58 pm

kijani wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

AND, that is what you are asking for by not un-beginering Dark Cyborg.

Return to “Farewells”