Banned from rated

Say your goodbyes to the forum here
Dark Cyborg

Banned from rated

Post #1 by Dark Cyborg » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:38 pm

Hello, my name is Dark Cyborg and I have been banned from rated for "boosting". So a friend (his account is Rusty Bardiche) of mine went on another account on my computer while I wasn't around and tried to tank his rating to 69 (which he was unable to do). It sounds stupid, I know, but as a result, he was banned from rated. I understand the repercussions involving that account, however, a few days later I was network banned from rated on my main account Dark Cyborg, where I would often play rated to improve my dueling skills. It is important to note that there had not been any duels between the tanking account and my main account, hence confirming that I didn't boost rating on the Dark Cyborg account. After talking to a judge, it was brought to my attention I am responsible for whatever happens on my network and that although I was not the beneficiary of boosting, several random accounts, that I had no affiliation to, were. It is unfortunate because I did not know there lied a concept of boosting rating. I only go on rated to become a better duelist and improve skills. My friend on the other hand only did this as a joke and did not know the repercussions associated with doing this. I am sorry for the actions of my friend and his mistakes will not be repeated ever again. I would be grateful if higher management to reconsider their decision regarding my account Dark Cyborg.
Last edited by Dark Cyborg on Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkPhenix

Post #2 by DarkPhenix » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:01 pm

There is no proof of your claims, valid as they may be. It was even on the same computer.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Dark Cyborg

Post #3 by Dark Cyborg » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:19 pm

You can check my dueling records to see if I had dueled an account called "Rusty Bardiche". Also, I apologize for posting the same thing twice, I tried to delete the other, but I was unable to. I'm rather new to this forum. Yes, you are right it was on the same computer.

Dark Cyborg

Post #4 by Dark Cyborg » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:28 pm

Perhaps, I can prove that I do not belong to that beginner status with my skills.

DarkPhenix

Post #5 by DarkPhenix » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:39 pm

Being set to beginner does not always connote a lack of skills. There is a punishment for negative boosting. That is beginner status.

Dark Cyborg

Post #6 by Dark Cyborg » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:49 pm

However, this account isn't a beneficiary of boosting. Duel records can confirm this. Other individuals on the site can vouch for me as well. I can understand a temporary ban for what had happened, however, a permanent ban for a harmless act in which this account did not even benefit from is absolutely unfair. Again, I ask for a reconsideration of the repercussions imposed on me.

Genexwrecker

Post #7 by Genexwrecker » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:18 am

boosting is not harmless it unfairly affects the booster and everyone they come across. we would not allow such users to be in ranked.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Dark Cyborg

Post #8 by Dark Cyborg » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:37 am

I do understand that but I did not boost for my personal gain and the random individuals that had faced the other account would have received extremely negligible boosts. As I had mentioned earlier, the activity on the other account was unjust, but it doesn't warrant a permanent ban. A temporary ban would be more justified in this situation since there was no boosting of my personal accounts or accounts of friends. I understand the rules that have been placed for acts such as these, however, I believe there should be a reconsideration of the consequences unloaded on to me. Please keep in mind, the idea behind tanking rating from my friend's account was purely for shits and giggles.

Renji Asuka

Post #9 by Renji Asuka » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:48 pm

Dark Cyborg wrote:I do understand that but I did not boost for my personal gain and the random individuals that had faced the other account would have received extremely negligible boosts. As I had mentioned earlier, the activity on the other account was unjust, but it doesn't warrant a permanent ban. A temporary ban would be more justified in this situation since there was no boosting of my personal accounts or accounts of friends. I understand the rules that have been placed for acts such as these, however, I believe there should be a reconsideration of the consequences unloaded on to me. Please keep in mind, the idea behind tanking rating from my friend's account was purely for shits and giggles.

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU BOOST FOR PERSONAL GAIN OR NOT YOU BOOSTED END OF STORY.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Dark Cyborg

Post #10 by Dark Cyborg » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:41 pm

I did not boost my rating though. I tanked it, there is clearly a difference between the two concepts. Feel free to google the definitions.

DarkPhenix

Post #11 by DarkPhenix » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:43 pm

There is boosting and negative boosting. Both are considered boosting

Renji Asuka

Post #12 by Renji Asuka » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:28 pm

Dark Cyborg wrote:I did not boost my rating though. I tanked it, there is clearly a difference between the two concepts. Feel free to google the definitions.

DOES NOT MATTER IT IS STILL CLASSIFIED AS BOOSTING.

Dark Cyborg

Post #13 by Dark Cyborg » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:23 pm

Nope. It is not classified as boosting. There is a clear difference between the two and what happened in my situation is not classified under boosting in the rules.

DarkPhenix

Post #14 by DarkPhenix » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:09 pm

I can give you a word of warning. If you continue to spam the forums about this issue, which has already been answered, the Head Admins of DB may decide to enact a super ban instead. Just take it and move on.

Dark Cyborg

Post #15 by Dark Cyborg » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:24 pm

I am not spamming. I am simply answering the responses in my thread, which is very normal in a forum. Also, I don't see why I should back down to the unfair consequences being imposed on me.

Rated is the marquee feature of this website, and permanently restricting me from playing in it is absolutely asinine. A permanent IP ban is completely unfair. There are several rules on this website (far worse than what I have done) that are let off easy with a temporary ban.

Renji Asuka

Post #16 by Renji Asuka » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:03 pm

You do realize you were already given an answer by a mod, on top of that, you made at least 2 threads on this topic. At this point, whining about your ban is spam.

greg503

Post #17 by greg503 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:14 pm

Boosting is a permaban from rated because people should not manipulate their rating for any reason, as it is important to matchmaking and leaderboard bragging.
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #18 by Genexwrecker » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:20 pm

Dark Cyborg wrote:Nope. It is not classified as boosting. There is a clear difference between the two and what happened in my situation is not classified under boosting in the rules.
they are both 100% boosting and not tolerated EVER.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Dark Cyborg

Post #19 by Dark Cyborg » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:22 pm

"leaderboard bragging" lol. I did not tank my rating to brag.

As long as there are responses in my thread, I am allowed to respond. I made the other thread by mistake which I acknowledged earlier in the thread.

Dark Cyborg

Post #20 by Dark Cyborg » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:28 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Dark Cyborg wrote:Nope. It is not classified as boosting. There is a clear difference between the two and what happened in my situation is not classified under boosting in the rules.
they are both 100% boosting and not tolerated EVER.

I tanked my rating without boosting the rating of my own account. And, I also tanked my rating without manipulating the duelist pool algorithm. Both can be proved by duelist records. I don't see how this is boosting if I did not violate either of these rules.

Return to “Farewells”