Banned from rated

Say your goodbyes to the forum here
d1234

Re: Banned from rated

Post #141 by d1234 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:03 am

Lil Oldman wrote:We did it bois, this thread is no more

Nothing to do with you or anyone else, except Dark Cyborg and myself.
In case you are wondering about post A in that last post I said on that subject.
Remove Dark Cyborg from beginner.

Renji Asuka

Post #142 by Renji Asuka » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:47 am

d1234 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
d1234 wrote:I won’t stop posting until it changes.

Not that hard, the punishment isn't going to change, you obviously don't know these 2 bullet points or refuse to understand them. At this point, I'm surprised the admins haven't banned you for the crap you're pulling. And FYI, this site IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.

A. I have read those and completely understand them
B. The first, nothing that is against the rules happened on the account Dark Cyborg
C. The second, they may not be limited to the italicized print, but they are limited by the green non-italicized print

A. Obviously not.
B. Doesn't matter, it even includes NETWORK.
C. Doesn't matter if it doesn't list it specifically. There are rules that can be literally added and the examples listed is only SOME of the things you can get punished for. The rest is up to admin discretion.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #143 by Genexwrecker » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:23 am

We the admin team decide if any action requires x penalty.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #144 by Lil Oldman » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:20 am

d1234 wrote:

In case you are wondering about post A in that last post I said on that subject.

Was just joking lmao, like the memes of "why are people homeless, just buy a house - We did it bois, homelessness is no more"
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #145 by greg503 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:41 pm

So, Dark Cyborg's friend "negative boosts" by continuously admitting defeat in rated. This is clearly not playing rated in a legitimate manner and should be punished by removing the offender from the rated pool as seen in DB rules. However, this occurred on Dark Cyborg's network, according to the start of DB's rules, he is also responsible, and has thus received the same punishment, end of story.
Buy Floowandereeze

d1234

Post #146 by d1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:05 pm

I tried to be nice, and stop talking about it, but if you want to continue then fine.

d1234

Post #147 by d1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:08 pm

Christen57 wrote:
d1234 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Image

Not that hard, the punishment isn't going to change, you obviously don't know these 2 bullet points or refuse to understand them. At this point, I'm surprised the admins haven't banned you for the crap you're pulling. And FYI, this site IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.

A. I have read those and completely understand them
B. The first, nothing that is against the rules happened on the account Dark Cyborg
C. The second, they may not be limited to the italicized print, but they are limited by the green non-italicized print

You still won't read it fully. It says you are responsible for any rule-breaking that happens on your account and/or network.

Notice where it says "and/or network". That means you can also be held responsible for any rule-breaking that happens on your network, not just on your account.

There was rule-breaking going on on Dark Cyborg's network.

The rule-breaking was boosting.

Boosting involves repeatedly admitting defeat to gain experience illegitimately, which is what happened on Dark Cyborg's network, and Dark Cyborg himself admitted this, saying, and I quote, "a friend (his account is Rusty Bardiche) of mine went on another account on my computer while I wasn't around and tried to tank his rating to 69".

Someone admitted defeat repeatedly to gain experience illegitimately on Dark Cyborg's network.

The rules prohibit "Using multiple accounts, friends or other resources to gain illegitimate wins" which is exactly what happened. Someone went on Dark Cyborg's network and used an account, which is a resource, to gain illegitimate wins for other players by trying "to tank" their own rating.

Do you and Dark Cyborg still not understand this?

So if someone broke into your house, hacked into your internet, and broke Duelingbook rules, you would be responsible as well.

d1234

Post #148 by d1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:09 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:We the admin team decide if any action requires x penalty.

Doesn’t say that anywhere.

d1234

Post #149 by d1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:14 pm

greg503 wrote:So, Dark Cyborg's friend "negative boosts" by continuously admitting defeat in rated. This is clearly not playing rated in a legitimate manner and should be punished by removing the offender from the rated pool as seen in DB rules. However, this occurred on Dark Cyborg's network, according to the start of DB's rules, he is also responsible, and has thus received the same punishment, end of story.

That is not at all what happened

d1234

Post #150 by d1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:24 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
d1234 wrote:

Was just joking lmao, like the memes of "why are people homeless, just buy a house - We did it bois, homelessness is no more"

Well, sorry.
I don’t like dumb comments.

d1234

Post #151 by d1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:45 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:boosting is not harmless it unfairly affects the booster and everyone they come across. we would not allow such users to be in ranked.

When you join dueling book, you have a default rating, so the same thing can be said for joining duelingbook, and no one gets punished for that. :?

d1234

Post #152 by d1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:45 pm

d1234 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:boosting is not harmless it unfairly affects the booster and everyone they come across. we would not allow such users to be in ranked.

When you join dueling book, you have a default rating, so the same thing can be said for joining duelingbook, and no one gets punished for that. :?

The face is a typo.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #153 by troglyte » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:47 pm

Dark Cyborg wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Dark Cyborg wrote:Nope. It is not classified as boosting. There is a clear difference between the two and what happened in my situation is not classified under boosting in the rules.
they are both 100% boosting and not tolerated EVER.

I tanked my rating without boosting the rating of my own account. And, I also tanked my rating without manipulating the duelist pool algorithm. Both can be proved by duelist records. I don't see how this is boosting if I did not violate either of these rules.

The way he makes these statements furthers my theory that there is no "friend."
It's just him and his alt account. It was just a ploy to try to gain sympathy from the forum. Fortunately, it didn't work.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

d1234

Post #154 by d1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:14 pm

troglyte wrote:
Dark Cyborg wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:they are both 100% boosting and not tolerated EVER.

I tanked my rating without boosting the rating of my own account. And, I also tanked my rating without manipulating the duelist pool algorithm. Both can be proved by duelist records. I don't see how this is boosting if I did not violate either of these rules.

It's just him and his alt account. It was just a ploy to try to gain sympathy from the forum. Fortunately, it didn't work.

There is defiantly a friend.
Because if you look at both of there profiles, Rusty Bardice made an account after Dark Cyborg, AND Dark Cyborg has a decent rating, so why would he try to even them out, unless a friend wanted to have a better rating, so that brings us here.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #155 by troglyte » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:24 pm

d1234 wrote:
troglyte wrote:
Dark Cyborg wrote:

Because if you look at both of there profiles, Rusty Bardice made an account after Dark Cyborg, AND Dark Cyborg has a decent rating, so why would he try to even them out, unless a friend wanted to have a better rating, so that brings us here.

When the accounts were made is completely irrelevant. And all the difference in rating means is that he clearly no longer cared about the Rusty account.
he/him

d1234

Post #156 by d1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:26 pm

troglyte wrote:
d1234 wrote:
troglyte wrote:

When the accounts were made is completely irrelevant. And all the difference in rating means is that he clearly no longer cared about the Rusty account.

So why would he try to increase the rating of an account he did not care about?

troglyte
Mood:

Post #157 by troglyte » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:29 pm

Would you care to edit that question?
he/him

d1234

Post #158 by d1234 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:19 am

troglyte wrote:Would you care to edit that question?

Well you said that he did not care about Rusty Bardice, so following your logic, why would he increase the rating?

Christen57

Post #159 by Christen57 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:25 am

d1234 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
d1234 wrote:A. I have read those and completely understand them

You still won't read it fully. It says you are responsible for any rule-breaking that happens on your account and/or network.

Notice where it says "and/or network". That means you can also be held responsible for any rule-breaking that happens on your network, not just on your account.

Boosting involves repeatedly admitting defeat to gain experience illegitimately, which is what happened on Dark Cyborg's network, and Dark Cyborg himself admitted this, saying, and I quote, "a friend (his account is Rusty Bardiche) of mine went on another account on my computer while I wasn't around and tried to tank his rating to 69".

Someone admitted defeat repeatedly to gain experience illegitimately on Dark Cyborg's network.

The rules prohibit "Using multiple accounts, friends or other resources to gain illegitimate wins" which is exactly what happened. Someone went on Dark Cyborg's network and used an account, which is a resource, to gain illegitimate wins for other players by trying "to tank" their own rating.

So if someone broke into your house, hacked into your internet, and broke Duelingbook rules, you would be responsible as well.

I don't get how this is supposed to refute my argument. Yes you are responsible for any rule-breaking on duelingbook that happens on your network as well as on your account, which is why you take measures to keep both of those safe from malicious users, such as password-protecting your account, your wi-fi, your computer, making sure you don't share the password to any of those with anyone else, as well as locking your doors to your home and having alarm systems and surveillance systems to increase safety and security.

The only way I could see someone "hacking" into a secure wi-fi would be brute-forcing, which would literally take months if not years to do since you're basically trying literally every possible password you can think of until one of them happens to be the right one.

d1234

Post #160 by d1234 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:16 am

Christen57 wrote:
d1234 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I don't get how this is supposed to refute my argument. Yes you are responsible for any rule-breaking on duelingbook that happens on your network as well as on your account, which is why you take measures to keep both of those safe from malicious users, such as password-protecting your account, your wi-fi, your computer, making sure you don't share the password to any of those with anyone else, as well as locking your doors to your home and having alarm systems and surveillance systems to increase safety and security.

The only way I could see someone "hacking" into a secure wi-fi would be brute-forcing, which would literally take months if not years to do since you're basically trying literally every possible password you can think of until one of them happens to be the right one.

It is ,ent to be a question. Let’s say that they get lucky, and guess right quickly. In theory, would you be punished?

Return to “Farewells”