Banned from rated

Say your goodbyes to the forum here
Christen57

Re: Banned from rated

Post #121 by Christen57 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:54 pm

d1234 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:We are giving him a chance he isnt banned from the site the accounts are just set to beginner. that is a second chance if i ever saw one and he is currently blowing it.

How is he blowing it if he's set to beginner and can't go in rated anymore?

d1234 wrote:IT DOES NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT NEGATIVE BOOSTING IN THE RULES, THAT IS WHAT MATTERS.
IN COURT NO ONE CARES WHAT THE RULES MEAN IT MATTERS WHAT THEY SAY.

d1234 wrote:That was of you would listen to sence the rules say, “ Using friends, multiple accounts or other resources to gain illegitimate wins”
Notice the word ‘gain’.

If you use your account to keep admitting defeat over and over so someone else gains experience, that's boosting, since you are gaining illegitimate wins for another player.

The rules say, “Using friends, multiple accounts, or other resources to gain illegitimate wins.”
He was not using any of those. He was being used.

Why is he letting strangers use his account?

d1234 wrote:The word ‘boost’ means positive. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/boost?s=t

No, if you actually read that page you're linking, you'll see it says that boosting means "to lift or raise by pushing from behind or below," "to advance or aid by speaking well of" and "to increase; raise".

So if you or someone else uses your account "to life or raise" a player's rating/experience illegitimately, that's boosting.

d1234

Post #122 by d1234 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:08 pm

Wek wrote:
d1234 wrote:
Wek wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This thread can go on, sure, though it's not really a protest of any sort.
It's just showing how correct the judges are in hindsight even more.
After all, now they're just trolling here, instead of Duelingbook.
I imagine it's quite the rewarding experience to see further proof of how right one's actions are looking at even more evidence.

The Judges are 100% incorrect.
The rules say only positive boosting.

:lol:
Anyways, I've had my laugh, some users are so stupid that they managed to get punished on a site that tries as hard as they do to not penalize people. But they still find a way to mess up so badly the judges are pretty much forced to do something.

You got to feel sorry for these poor judges, having to deal with such nonsense. :oops:

I'd be surprised if I ended up posting in this thread again, there's only so long I want to read you making more stuff up. It's amusing for a bit, but it's grown old for me now. You need new trolling material, or people will get bored with you. At least I have.

Anyways, been a laugh while it lasted. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A. I don’t feel sorry for the judges at all, they are wrong
B. Good riddance
C. The oops face was entirely uncalled for as neither Dark Cyborg or I have done anything wrong
Remove Dark Cyborg from beginner.

d1234

Post #123 by d1234 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:17 pm

Christen57 wrote:
d1234 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
How is he blowing it if he's set to beginner and can't go in rated anymore?

If you use your account to keep admitting defeat over and over so someone else gains experience, that's boosting, since you are gaining illegitimate wins for another player.

The rules say, “Using friends, multiple accounts, or other resources to gain illegitimate wins.”

d1234 wrote:The word ‘boost’ means positive. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/boost?s=t

No, if you actually read that page you're linking, you'll see it says that boosting means "to lift or raise by pushing from behind or below," "to advance or aid by speaking well of" and "to increase; raise".

So if you or someone else uses your account "to life or raise" a player's rating/experience illegitimately, that's boosting.

No, because the way it is being used is as a verb, so that leaves,
1. “To lift or raise from pushing from behind or below,” which is physical only, so no
2. “To advance or aid by speaking well of,” not right either
3. “To increase or raise’” this is the only one that fits and it is positive only.

Renji Asuka

Post #124 by Renji Asuka » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:35 pm

d1234 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
d1234 wrote:The rules say, “Using friends, multiple accounts, or other resources to gain illegitimate wins.”

1. “To lift or raise from pushing from behind or below,” which is physical only, so no
3. “To increase or raise’” this is the only one that fits and it is positive only.

Doesn't matter, the Judges punished him and will maintain such punishment. You can't do anything about it, so suck it up buttercup.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

d1234

Post #125 by d1234 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:01 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
d1234 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Doesn't matter, the Judges punished him and will maintain such punishment. You can't do anything about it, so suck it up buttercup.

Sorry, but the judges are wrong, and I won’t give up until something changes

Renji Asuka

Post #126 by Renji Asuka » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:27 pm

d1234 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
d1234 wrote:No, because the way it is being used is as a verb, so that leaves,

If the judges were wrong, it would had been reversed already. Nice try though.

d1234

Post #127 by d1234 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:53 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
d1234 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Doesn't matter, the Judges punished him and will maintain such punishment. You can't do anything about it, so suck it up buttercup.

If the judges were wrong, it would had been reversed already. Nice try though.

They are wrong.

Genexwrecker

Post #128 by Genexwrecker » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:07 pm

We treated the boosting appropriately. We gave him a second chance by just setting the accounts to beginner as stated in the op. If they had been civilized and handled this maturely we might be more lenient but they were not so that opportunity was blown. Wether or not some of you agree with it is not what matters an infraction occurred and it was dealt with accordingly.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

d1234

Post #129 by d1234 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:10 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:We treated the boosting appropriately. We gave him a second chance by just setting the accounts to beginner as stated in the op. If they had been civilized and handled this maturely we might be more lenient but they were not so that opportunity was blown. Wether or not some of you agree with it is not what matters an infraction occurred and it was dealt with accordingly.

I won’t stop posting until it changes.

Christen57

Post #130 by Christen57 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:10 pm

d1234 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
d1234 wrote:The rules say, “Using friends, multiple accounts, or other resources to gain illegitimate wins.”

Okay well if you want to go with definition #3 then the guy boosted since he allowed someone to use his network/account "to increase and raise" rating/experience.

d1234

Post #131 by d1234 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:19 pm

Christen57 wrote:
d1234 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Okay well if you want to go with definition #3 then the guy boosted since he allowed someone to use his network/account "to increase and raise" rating/experience.

USING multiple accounts..
The word using makes it so that only the person who gains is guilty of boosting.

Christen57

Post #132 by Christen57 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:28 pm

d1234 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
d1234 wrote:No, because the way it is being used is as a verb, so that leaves,

USING multiple accounts..
The word using makes it so that only the person who gains is guilty of boosting.

Using multiple accounts, friends or other resources to gain illegitimate wins:
- Using a proxy to play against yourself in a rated game.
- Abusing the duelist pool algorithm in order to play against certain duelists.
- Continuously admitting defeat in order to gain experience illegitimately.

This is what the rules say about boosting. You can't continuously admit defeat in order to gain experience illegitimately. When you admit defeat, your rating goes down while your experience still goes up a little, so you are gaining by boosting — illegitimate experience.

You do not need access to multiple accounts either to boost.

Renji Asuka

Post #133 by Renji Asuka » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:39 pm

d1234 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:We treated the boosting appropriately. We gave him a second chance by just setting the accounts to beginner as stated in the op. If they had been civilized and handled this maturely we might be more lenient but they were not so that opportunity was blown. Wether or not some of you agree with it is not what matters an infraction occurred and it was dealt with accordingly.

Not that hard, the punishment isn't going to change, you obviously don't know these 2 bullet points or refuse to understand them. At this point, I'm surprised the admins haven't banned you for the crap you're pulling. And FYI, this site IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.

d1234

Post #134 by d1234 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:25 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
d1234 wrote:

Not that hard, the punishment isn't going to change, you obviously don't know these 2 bullet points or refuse to understand them. At this point, I'm surprised the admins haven't banned you for the crap you're pulling. And FYI, this site IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.

A. I have read those and completely understand them
B. The first, nothing that is against the rules happened on the account Dark Cyborg
C. The second, they may not be limited to the italicized print, but they are limited by the green non-italicized print

Christen57

Post #135 by Christen57 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:15 am

d1234 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
d1234 wrote:I won’t stop posting until it changes.

A. I have read those and completely understand them
B. The first, nothing that is against the rules happened on the account Dark Cyborg
C. The second, they may not be limited to the italicized print, but they are limited by the green non-italicized print

You still won't read it fully. It says you are responsible for any rule-breaking that happens on your account and/or network.

Notice where it says "and/or network". That means you can also be held responsible for any rule-breaking that happens on your network, not just on your account.

There was rule-breaking going on on Dark Cyborg's network.

The rule-breaking was boosting.

Boosting involves repeatedly admitting defeat to gain experience illegitimately, which is what happened on Dark Cyborg's network, and Dark Cyborg himself admitted this, saying, and I quote, "a friend (his account is Rusty Bardiche) of mine went on another account on my computer while I wasn't around and tried to tank his rating to 69".

Someone admitted defeat repeatedly to gain experience illegitimately on Dark Cyborg's network.

The rules prohibit "Using multiple accounts, friends or other resources to gain illegitimate wins" which is exactly what happened. Someone went on Dark Cyborg's network and used an account, which is a resource, to gain illegitimate wins for other players by trying "to tank" their own rating.

Do you and Dark Cyborg still not understand this?

Christen57

Post #136 by Christen57 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:33 am

KTeknis wrote:YGOScope allow people to search a DB user and List it's last 20 matches. This is Dark Cyborg's data, and it seems that the problematic duel is from his duel with asferafin? It even list replays. https://www.ygoscope.com/playerProfile? ... ark+Cyborg

You gotta save that, so it doesn't get lost and can be used as evidence. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=22954142

d1234

Post #137 by d1234 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:42 am

My final post:
A. This will actually be my last post on this subject
B. I still think it isn’t boosting
C. I am mostly doing this because Dark Cyborg hasn’t posted in 5 days
D. I just saw the farewell post by Genexwrecker, if I had seen this earlier I would have messaged
a different judge.
E. I actually admire the way a lot of you have constructed your messages, especially Christian57
F. Looking back, I like quite a few of my earlier post as opposed to the later ones, and I think I
got a bit crazy (those face thing drive me nuts)
G. I am not answering your arguments because of the above reasons and nothing else

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #138 by Lil Oldman » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:53 am

We did it bois, this thread is no more
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Christen57

Post #139 by Christen57 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:55 am

d1234 wrote:I like quite a few of my earlier post as opposed to the later ones, and I think I
got a bit crazy (those face thing drive me nuts)

What "face thing"?

DarkFusion46

Post #140 by DarkFusion46 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:57 am

I think he means:
:D :) :( :( :o :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :arrow: :twisted: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

Return to “Farewells”