What is the operator's address for service of legal documents?

Introduce yourself here
Amritius

What is the operator's address for service of legal documents?

Post #1 by Amritius » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:29 pm

What is the address of the operator/controller of the "Duelingbook.com" website for service of legal documents? I cannot find any contact details on the website itself.

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:56 pm

Not how that works
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Amritius

Post #3 by Amritius » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:09 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Not how that works

What does that mean? I need to serve a legal document, specifically a request for erasure of personal data under Article 17(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679. I cannot do that without the proper address for service.

Runzy
Mood:

Post #4 by Runzy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:12 pm

Dude no game company/site will take you seriously if this is how you act when you don't get your way, grow up.
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:18 pm

Amritius wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Not how that works

What does that mean? I need to serve a legal document, specifically a request for erasure of personal data under Article 17(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679. I cannot do that without the proper address for service.

i like how you didnt even read the article you just referenced nor understand what it acutally means.

Amritius

Post #6 by Amritius » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:24 am

Genexwrecker wrote:i like how you didnt even read the article you just referenced nor understand what it acutally means.

Article 17(1) of the Regulation provides that a data controller must, upon request, erase data whose processing is based upon consent or legitimate interests, unless one of the exceptions in Article 17(2) applies. Accordingly, I wish to have all of my personal data that is processed by "Duelingbook.com" erased, and in order to make that request, it is necessary to contact the data controller. All I am trying to do is find out who the controller is. Note also that "Duelingbook.com" is in breach of Article 13(1)(a) of the regulation, which requires that a data subject be provided with "the identity and the contact details of the controller" at the time of data collection. If the relevant details are not forthcoming, and/or if my request for erasure of data is not dealt with in compliance with the Regulation, I (or my solicitors) will contact the hosting and/or domain provider for "Duelingbook.com" to require them to provide the necessary details, or simply to shut down "Duelingbook.com" for operating unlawfully.

DuskWill

Post #7 by DuskWill » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:14 am

I haven't been into international laws lately, but the erasure of data, according to the aforementioned Article 17(1), requires to be done upon request under one oft the listed situations:
1. The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
a) the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
b) the data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based according to point (a) of Article 6(1), or point (a) of Article 9(2), and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
c) the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(2);
d) the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
e) the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject;
f) the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1).
(Source: https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/)
Now, I'm not sure about the website being operated in accordance to those regulations, but it just feels from that article that like they will have no obligation to erase that datum.

All things considered, this subject and requests being your very first topic AND post in the forum and in the "Introductions" subforum is quite a handful... or subliminal.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Debt

Post #8 by Debt » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:21 am

Moldova isn't even apart of the EU or EEA

Amritius

Post #9 by Amritius » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:51 am

DuskWill wrote:I haven't been into international laws lately, but the erasure of data, according to the aforementioned Article 17(1), requires to be done upon request under one oft the listed situations.

"DuelingBook.com" is processing my personal data (namely, my email address and username, and also IP address if they are storing that). That processing must fall within one of the legal bases laid down in Article 6: namely, consent, contract, legal obligation, protection of vital interests, performance of a public task, or legitimate interests. Of those, the only that are possibly applicable to this processing are consent or legitimate interest. If consent is a basis, then I withdraw that consent under Article 7(3).4: "It shall be as easy to withdraw as to give consent." Then, under Article 17(1)(b): "the data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based", the data must be erased. If legitimate interest is a basis, then I object to the processing under Article 21(1), and accordingly, the data must be erased by virtue of Article 17(1)(c): "the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing" (it is clear, given the nature of the "DuelingBook.com" website, that there can be no significant public or commercial interest in the processing as to provide overriding legitimate grounds). Accordingly, in either case, my situation falls under one of those listed (either Article 17(1)(b) or Article 17(1)(c)).

Debt wrote:Moldova isn't even apart of the EU or EEA

This is irrelevant. Article 3(2)(a) states that the Regulation applies to processing even by a controller located outside the EU, where it involves the offer of goods or services (in this case, the online service provided by "DuelingBook.com") to people within the EU. Since the "DuelingBook.com" website is accessible from all over the world, including the EU, the Regulation applies.

Sunwalker

Post #10 by Sunwalker » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:57 am

Relax, it won't happen anything with your data if you stop using db. You don't need to waste your time with laws or anything like that.

Genexwrecker

Post #11 by Genexwrecker » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:31 am

Let’s just stop feeding the troll

Amritius

Post #12 by Amritius » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:38 pm

Sunwalker wrote:Relax, it won't happen anything with your data if you stop using db. You don't need to waste your time with laws or anything like that.

Having my personal data simply sit around, supposedly unused, on some server is not good enough. I require it to be deleted, as is my right under Regulation (EU) 2016/679.

MasterChef

Post #13 by MasterChef » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:26 am

Talk to the owner (or Co-Owner, even that information is not publicly clear) Xteven or Klubba. Making a post on here is not going to help you

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #14 by Ir0n » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:53 am

Amritius wrote:"DuelingBook.com" is processing my personal data (namely, my email address and username, and also IP address if they are storing that). That processing must fall within one of the legal bases laid down in Article 6: namely, consent, contract, legal obligation, protection of vital interests, performance of a public task, or legitimate interests. Of those, the only that are possibly applicable to this processing are consent or legitimate interest. If consent is a basis, then I withdraw that consent under Article 7(3).4: "It shall be as easy to withdraw as to give consent." Then, under Article 17(1)(b): "the data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based", the data must be erased. If legitimate interest is a basis, then I object to the processing under Article 21(1), and accordingly, the data must be erased by virtue of Article 17(1)(c): "the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing" (it is clear, given the nature of the "DuelingBook.com" website, that there can be no significant public or commercial interest in the processing as to provide overriding legitimate grounds). Accordingly, in either case, my situation falls under one of those listed (either Article 17(1)(b) or Article 17(1)(c)).

Out of the points you list only your IP address COULD be considered personal data, but only in certain circumstances.
https://www.itgovernance.eu/blog/en/the ... sonal-data
A username certainly does not fall under personal data, as literally anyone can create an account with any unused username, even mine or yours. You as a person are not 100% identifiable by the username you use on a couple of websites.

Feel free to read up on the link I provided, but I'm afraid you have no grounds for any legal activity against Duelinbook :/

Return to “Introductions”