I'm new to this game.

Introduce yourself here
-Vantage.Princess-
Mood:

I'm new to this game.

Post #1 by -Vantage.Princess- » Tue May 28, 2019 11:51 pm

I've been playing Cardfight!! Vanguard for a while, and most of the TCG games (Pokemon, Magic, Heartstone, Force of Will, etc, etc). I don't know how to play Yu-Gi-Oh! too well, so any tips are welcome :D
Your friends can't help you.

Code: Select all

Our enemy is crushed and our victory assured. Strategically, this one's in the bag!

Runzy
Mood:

Post #2 by Runzy » Wed May 29, 2019 7:13 am

Just play a lot and watch a lot of duels, you will get the hang of things, also look through the rule book for basics on the game so you don't get too confused when dueling. Also welcome to the site :)
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

-Vantage.Princess-
Mood:

Post #3 by -Vantage.Princess- » Wed May 29, 2019 8:09 am

Runzy wrote:Just play a lot and watch a lot of duels, you will get the hang of things, also look through the rule book for basics on the game so you don't get too confused when dueling. Also welcome to the site :)

Thank you, you are very kind! ^-^
Your friends can't help you.

Code: Select all

Our enemy is crushed and our victory assured. Strategically, this one's in the bag!

xDEADCENTREx

Post #4 by xDEADCENTREx » Wed May 29, 2019 7:51 pm

I would personally suggest going through all the "Conjunction what's your function" articles on the konami Blog, and get used to the different keywords, and activation timings. That is crucial for knowing how to play, and how you can tell if a card's condition is met.

After you read the rulebook, look for Kevin Tewarts articles and read through the PSCT articles for that. I was a Judge that had low experience and struggled only slightly with rulings, then I read the PSCT article and I became the go to person, because of how seriously I took rulings, and I was correcting my Judges left and right.

Felt fun being the one who recently became Judge, correcting ones who had years of experience and YCS judged over me.

Also I would advocate you also read the "Fast effects timing chart" as well as "Turn Player Priority" to educate yourself as well.

All of that should be drastically useful to you and your dueling experience, always keep them bookmarked to go back to later. :)

Return to “Introductions”