Hi im Christen and I used to play on dueling network before

Introduce yourself here
Christen57

Hi im Christen and I used to play on dueling network before

Post #1 by Christen57 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:40 pm

My name is Christen and i used to play on dueling network a few years back. Most people have been playing yugioh since Duel Monsters or the GX era, but I have been playing yugioh since the 5DS era since I love Synchro summoning and I think it is one of the coolest summoning mechanics. I live in New York in the United States, and my birthday is August 14.

After reading this dueling network blog that the developers posted https://www.duelingbook.com/blog, I must say that I agree with everything the author said. There were alot of problems with the dueling network staff, and they wrongfully banned many IP addresses, including mine. People often got banned over the course of several months for silly reasons. Back on dueling network, you werent allowed to disagree with the staff because apparently "the staff is always right no matter what". If you disagreed with the staff on any topic, you would be banned. It didnt matter if they were wrong and you were right, and it didnt matter if you had good evidence to prove the staff wrong.

Many problems with dueling network was said to be caused by a head administrator named Dan Parker. Alot of people have disliked Dan for a long time since he first became a head admin and then disliked him more when Black Luster Soldier gave him ownership of dueling network. Dan was notorious for being a troll, setting a bad example, being a poor role model, embarassing his fellow staff members, and not taking his job as head admin seriously.

At one point Dan made a threat and I cannot remember exactly what he said but he said something along the lines of "I am going to reverse query the dueling network system and get everyones passwords and then I am going to break into their paypal accounts and completely ruin their livelyhoods".
Alot of people called him out for this and even point out that making any kind of threat, whether it is a joke or not is against the rules.

Dan apologizes for making the "joke" and he confidently assures everyone that, "I do not have access to your passwords, I never have and I never will because the forum software encrypts those and keeps it secure so all your accounts are completely safe".

This turned out to be a huge lie on March 26 2017 when over 6 million dueling network accounts were stolen.
And then dueling network forums was permanently shut down and everyone moved to Pojo, Ygorganization and other yugioh forums.

I am not going to be actively posting much on this forum like I did on dueling book but anyways that is my introduction.

Kaiza
Mood:

Post #2 by Kaiza » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Holy Crap!

I mean -

eh, holy crap

Also you were IP banned off the forums because the admins decided it was best not for DNF, but for you. DNF had its far share of issues but that is why you were banned

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:57 pm

Kaiza wrote:Holy Crap!

I mean -

eh, holy crap

Also you were IP banned off the forums because the admins decided it was best not for DNF, but for you. DNF had its far share of issues but that is why you were banned

The admins must have decided that I needed some time off of dueling network to think about what I did. So to you, and to anyone else reading this that remembers me from dueling network, I know I have gained a bad reputation back on dueling network, but it isn't too late for me to start fresh and change my ways and that is what I will do.

Kaiza
Mood:

Post #4 by Kaiza » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:32 am

Christen57 wrote:
Kaiza wrote:Holy Crap!

I mean -

eh, holy crap

The admins must have decided that I needed some time off of dueling network to think about what I did. So to you, and to anyone else reading this that remembers me from dueling network, I know I have gained a bad reputation back on dueling network, but it isn't too late for me to start fresh and change my ways and that is what I will do.

That much is true

anyway welcome to hell

Return to “Introductions”