Creating a YT channel to understand Yu-Gi-Oh better

Introduce yourself here
TieDieDragon
Mood:

Creating a YT channel to understand Yu-Gi-Oh better

Post #1 by TieDieDragon » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:42 pm

Hey guys my name's Bee, I'm creating a YouTube channel where I discuss reading cards properly, I'm currently doing my judge test and I thought I'd make a short series' on YouTube, each episode will have a little quiz in it and if you pass you'll get rewarded with a certificate, the topics are easy to advanced so theres a little in there for everyone, I start up loading next week Thursday, if you want you can connect with me via Insta: ms_dr.crowler for updates <3
YouTube channel is called: BrickSquad
Cuz lil me bricks a lot hahaha X3
Anyways thank you for checking out my stuff ✨✨✨

Cromat

Post #2 by Cromat » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:53 pm

After watching your YouTube video for 49 seconds, I decided; I should watch more of your YouTube videos. (By the way, your room is more messy than mine, tidy it up a bit.)

Keep it up champ.

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:01 pm

There are dozens of channels named "Bricksquad" so you need to link to the actual Bricksquad channel that's yours.

Cromat

Post #4 by Cromat » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:45 pm

Don't do it; TieDieDragon. He just hasn't that ability to find your channel.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #5 by Lil Oldman » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:14 pm

Cromat wrote:Don't do it; TieDieDragon. He just hasn't that ability to find your channel.

Simp
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

PENMASTER

Post #6 by PENMASTER » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:15 am

when theres a link i might check it out
love2hate

TieDieDragon
Mood:

Post #7 by TieDieDragon » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:14 pm

https://youtube.com/channel/UC32Pw-pWUK04nKeF6jzKmFg
Here's the link for those who can't find me X3

Cromat

Post #8 by Cromat » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:11 pm

You took my soul from my body and threw it a Shaddoll Realm; every time you said "Shaddoll".

TieDieDragon
Mood:

Post #9 by TieDieDragon » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:57 am

Cromat wrote:You took my soul from my body and threw it a Shaddoll Realm; every time you said "Shaddoll".

Oh this is Good XD

Cromat

Post #10 by Cromat » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:27 am

You've written as "IT DOSENT MATTER" instead of write this; "IT DOESN'T MATTER".

TieDieDragon
Mood:

Post #11 by TieDieDragon » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:29 am

Cromat wrote:You've written as "IT DOSENT MATTER" instead of write this; "IT DOESN'T MATTER".

Yaw I mentioned in the description I'm dislexic, so my stuff can be riddled with spelling mistakes :/

Cromat

Post #12 by Cromat » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:39 pm

TieDieDragon wrote:
Cromat wrote:You've written as "IT DOSENT MATTER" instead of write this; "IT DOESN'T MATTER".

Yaw I mentioned in the description I'm dislexic, so my stuff can be riddled with spelling mistakes :/

(I should have read the description, my fault; anyway. Just do not freeze or ban me for this when you became a Judge.) The last video was great, I listened to it like I was listening to the radio and watched it like I was watching TV. It was worth it for my 30 minutes.

Keep it up champ.

TieDieDragon
Mood:

Post #13 by TieDieDragon » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:31 am

Cromat wrote:
TieDieDragon wrote:

(I should have read the description, my fault; anyway. Just do not freeze or ban me for this when you became a Judge.) The last video was great, I listened to it like I was listening to the radio and watched it like I was watching TV. It was worth it for my 30 minutes.

:3 glad you like the vids and DW I'm not salty like that XD

Keep it up champ.

Cromat

Post #14 by Cromat » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:43 pm

Again the amazing video: Which named as "Conjunction Function", also your voice is killing me (including makes my heart stop), it's beautiful. The part where (Marshie)Devil was mentioned was very difficult to understand. Also you shouldn't call out their name because they see you and now they can hear you when you called (Marshie)Devil's name. "Gets a little bit tricky" part was good explained. I learned a lot. Thanks to you for your awesome contents. I can't wait to next video.

Keep it up champ.

Renji Asuka

Post #15 by Renji Asuka » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:32 pm

TieDieDragon wrote:

You are the first dyslexic person I met that couldn't spell dyslexic.

(FYI: I'm dyslexic too).
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

TieDieDragon
Mood:

Post #16 by TieDieDragon » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:53 am

Cromat wrote:Again the amazing video: Which named as "Conjunction Function", also your voice is killing me (including makes my heart stop), it's beautiful. The part where (Marshie)Devil was mentioned was very difficult to understand. Also you shouldn't call out their name because they see you and now they can hear you when you called (Marshie)Devil's name. "Gets a little bit tricky" part was good explained. I learned a lot. Thanks to you for your awesome contents. I can't wait to next video.

THANK YOU for all the support X3, I like what you did there with the colours ;), yeah I know it gets a bit complicated, but I hope the cheat sheets help a lil

Keep it up champ.

TieDieDragon
Mood:

Post #17 by TieDieDragon » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:53 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
TieDieDragon wrote:

You are the first dyslexic person I met that couldn't spell dyslexic.

Ahahaha I think it just proves further that spelling isn't my strong point XD

(FYI: I'm dyslexic too).

itsmetristan

Post #18 by itsmetristan » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:30 pm

Mostly solid videos, just noticed a couple things.

- In your video on conjunctions, you missed the "also, after that" conjunction. If you were using the Konami post on conjunctions as your source for this, it makes sense, since that was written before "also, after that" was introduced.

- I could very well have understood this wrong, but in your conjunctions video, you mention that the second part, or "part B" of an "and if you do" effect is always optional, which isn't true.

- At numerous points in your videos you use unofficial terms to describe certain rules. That's not necessarily a huge issue on its own, but it is when it isn't clarified which terms are and aren't official. (For example, "spell speed" is official, while "chain block" is not). It doesn't affect how you describe the rest of the rule, it's just most unofficial terms in this game constantly cause mass confusion among players due to their lack of a solid definition.

- I noticed you call the text before the semi-colon just "activation". I'd probably choose a better word for that, since "activation" here doesn't really make a lot of sense on its own. If it was written as "activation procedure(s)" or something, that would make a lot more sense. Again, it's not a huge deal, just runs the risk of confusing some players.

- Some more non-ideal wording here. Calling activated effects that summon a monster as part of said effect "effect summons" is problematic, as you classify Cyber Dragon as a "built-in summon," even though the text on it that states how you can summon it IS an effect as well, it just doesn't activate. The unofficial choice of wording here may lead players to believe that Cyber Dragon's effect to summon itself isn't an effect at all. I also see that you split the "effect summon" classification even further, into "flip summon," "ignition summon," etc. This is quite pointless, as they all work the same way in regards to the fact that they all activate an effect to summon a monster. Calling one class "flip summons" as well is a bit odd, considering flip summoning is already a thing in the game, and it's not related to this at all. You do clarify what you mean, so again, it's not likely to confuse too many players, it's just the naming could be better. Nearly all the names you use for these classifications (both for "effect summon," "built in summon", and all the sub-categories you make for each) just aren't great.

- "In other words, they (cards that can negate the summon of a monster(s)) can ONLY negate a build-in summon". False. There are numerous activated effects that specify that they summon the monster "immediately after this effect resolves" (such as Formula Synchron or Tri-Brigade Revolt). This means that if a card effect like that is activated as chain link 1 and summons a monster with that effect "immediately after this effect resolves," you CAN negate the summon as it is not occuring during a resolving chain.

- I touched on this a bit earlier, but after watching the "Summons" video, it's clear you're using the Konami blog articles (and the rulebook where it's applicable) as sources here. I HIGHLY advise against it. Konami's PSCT 5 one in particular (the one that covers the different types of summons) is infamous for being wrong, as it also misses the same thing I mentioned in the point above, and overall the articles are quite old. There are other places you can look to for sources, such as the Ygorganizarion "Demystifying Rulings" series.

I haven't watched the first vid. Just noticed some issues in the later 3. The intent behind these videos is good, and overall I like what you're going for. Keep it up.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Wek

Post #19 by Wek » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:40 pm

itsmetristan wrote:- I noticed you call the text before the semi-colon just "activation". I'd probably choose a better word for that, since "activation" here doesn't really make a lot of sense on its own. If it was written as "activation procedure(s)" or something, that would make a lot more sense. Again, it's not a huge deal, just runs the risk of confusing some players.

- I touched on this a bit earlier, but after watching the "Summons" video, it's clear you're using the Konami blog articles (and the rulebook where it's applicable) as sources here. I HIGHLY advise against it. Konami's PSCT 5 one in particular (the one that covers the different types of summons) is infamous for being wrong, as it also misses the same thing I mentioned in the point above, and overall the articles are quite old. There are other places you can look to for sources, such as the Ygorganizarion "Demystifying Rulings" series.

I haven't watched the video, and largely agree with most of what you wrote in the general sense, but these two things stuck out at me.

Anything before a semicolon is what you do when activating the effect. I don't see much need to call it a "procedure".
"The basic structure is CONDITIONS : ACTIVATION ; RESOLUTION." is a quote right out of https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=2947

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=3111 Is an official Konami article. Ygorganization Demystifying Rulings pieces aren't. I would suggest looking for citations from Konami sources instead, especially if you want to clarify which parts of PSCT5 could be considered misleading. I agree that effect vs build-in is a bad description, for instance, due to things like Cyber Dragon etc, just as you mentioned.

itsmetristan

Post #20 by itsmetristan » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:48 pm

Wek wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:- I noticed you call the text before the semi-colon just "activation". I'd probably choose a better word for that, since "activation" here doesn't really make a lot of sense on its own. If it was written as "activation procedure(s)" or something, that would make a lot more sense. Again, it's not a huge deal, just runs the risk of confusing some players.

I haven't watched the video, and largely agree with most of what you wrote in the general sense, but these two things stuck out at me.

Anything before a semicolon is what you do when activating the effect. I don't see much need to call it a "procedure".
"The basic structure is CONDITIONS : ACTIVATION ; RESOLUTION." is a quote right out of https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=2947

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=3111 Is an official Konami article. Ygorganization Demystifying Rulings pieces aren't. I would suggest looking for citations from Konami sources instead, especially if you want to clarify which parts of PSCT5 could be considered misleading. I agree that effect vs build-in is a bad description, for instance, due to things like Cyber Dragon etc, just as you mentioned.

The labeling of "CONDITION : ACTIVATION ; RESOLUTION. makes more sense there, because they're not labeling the actions before the semi-colon themselves as "ACTIVATION" (which is what the vids here do), they're saying WHEN you do the things listed in each part of the text. Before the colon are conditions you must meet to activate the card/effect, so those can't be "performed" at a certain time as they are not actions. Before the semi-colon are things you do on activation, and after both of those are things you do at resolution. Calling the actions before the semi-colon themselves as "activation procedures," or just "things you do when you activate the card/effect" makes more sense.

The Konami blog articles, such as the one you linked, are very old, and in the case of PSCT 5, state things that are just plain wrong. I don't recall the exact contents of them, so I don't know what the issues are outside of PSCT 5 since it's so infamous, but I do know for a fact that the game's rules from 2011 are greatly different from what they are now. The Demystifying Rulings series has up to date info you can find from the Rulebook, and other rules that you can grab official sources of. The articles are just easy reads to find this info without having to dig through the database, or other Konami sources that may not easily compile the info in one place. Also, after re-reading the Konami blog articles, they actually use some really horrendous terminology and wording. Worse than I remember, in fact.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Return to “Introductions”