Greetings & Questions

Introduce yourself here
DiamondDM13

Greetings & Questions

Post #1 by DiamondDM13 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:32 pm

Howdy!
I played Yu-Gi-Oh for like a decade when it first started, right the beginning. I eventually stopped a little after Synchros were introduced, and have every once in a while played Tag Force on the PSP, since it allowed me to play with game states I enjoyed.
Anyway, I have been watching a few videos on Youtube, a user named Cimo is doing a History of YGO where he is going through the sets and playing with the game states of the time. This has been quite enjoyable to watch.
I believe they have been using this site to do the games, so I wondered if I could maybe come here and enjoy some YGO.

My question is, is it possible to create custom formats to play here?
My idea is to play with only the original card types, no Synchros or such. I wish to play with the cards in their original effect, not the erratas.
I also wonder if it is possible include in such format new cards from newer sets, so long as they are from the original types. Would like to use the increased cards for archtypes of old.
Would it also be possible to create a custom Banlist for this format?
Finally, I hear them saying that you no longer draw on turn 1, and I have a feeling other changes also exist. Can I play with original rules of the game? I was very well versed on the rules of the game when I played, but I imagine I would completely fail in current rules.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

DarkPhenix

Post #2 by DarkPhenix » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:59 pm

That is possible as you can create a custom banlist pretty easily. Just tell your friends the banlist and create your decks in the deck builder!
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

DiamondDM13

Post #3 by DiamondDM13 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:48 pm

So I would have to create a Banlist elsewhere and send them, correct?
Also, is there an option to show the pre-errata cards, if that is a thing here?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #4 by Lil Oldman » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:17 am

DiamondDM13 wrote:So I would have to create a Banlist elsewhere and send them, correct?
Also, is there an option to show the pre-errata cards, if that is a thing here?

Customs with the previous text
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Return to “Introductions”