How come no wars happen anymore?

Looking for a team? Let others know by posting here.
TopologicEldlixir
Mood:

How come no wars happen anymore?

Post #1 by TopologicEldlixir » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:36 pm

Does anybody know? I'm assuming it's lack of interaction on the forums correct me if wrong, but I'd love to start a war
Hey, I'm TopologicEldlixir. Dueling since 2018 and being a cringe-ass furry since 2023, have a great day forum lurkers! :3

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:54 am

These are, in my opinion, why wars don't really happen anymore.

• Wars are boring, tedious, and require extensive effort and resources, to conduct compared to duelingbook's regular 16-player tournaments, and you can't conduct a war through just duelingbook — The adjudicators require you to have multiple other accounts outside of duelingbook, such as a discord account and a challonge account.
  • There being a whopping 70+ different rules / procedures everyone participating in a war has to memorize and abide by is also a massive turn-off, especially when said rules / procedures are completely separate from the default duelingbook and Yu-Gi-Oh rules and especially when Yu-Gi-Oh's dueling rules in general are already complicated enough.
  • Judges on duelingbook are already spread extremely thin, having to answer calls in both regular rated duels and goat format duels. Imagine dueling in a war then getting to some kind of ruling dispute with your opponent then having to wait possibly an hour or more for a judge because all the currently online judges are busy handling the regular rated calls and goat format calls.
  • Some of the rules regarding wars aren't enforceable, such as the rule saying you can't receive coaching from other people mid-game or be told mid-game what the best plays are, and the rule saying you can't share accounts.
  • Some of the rules regarding wars make little sense... like what is "In the War Matchs You MUST give the pass of the duel to the opponent's team if they asked about, and you have the right to Refuse to give the pass to other Team members That they have nothing to do witht this war" supposed to mean? Is "Pass of the duel" even an official term?

Return to “Free Agent”