Should Replays Show Both Players' Hands?

Check here for the latest news and updates

Should Replays Show Both Players' Hands?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 63

DCS CHAMPION SWEET MANGO

Re: Should Replays Show Both Players' Hands?

Post #21 by DCS CHAMPION SWEET MANGO » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:19 am

I'AM VOICE OF VOICELESS AND I CALL FOR SECOND REFERERENDUM WITH OPTION TO VOTE FOR OPTION TO TOGGEL

DCS CHAMPION SWEET MANGO

Post #22 by DCS CHAMPION SWEET MANGO » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:20 am

Voters: Rag, albanianking2017, Elizadeath, Coughy, {LiGhT_KinGs} Archer, ok sorry pal, Crimson7Reaper, Dal920, Skycats, Livid, James SkullBlood, A1Legged, JayofLegend, the flaming storm, Runzy, Ririka Momobami, Pfannkuchen, (Stardust) LOKI, Kara Kalinowski, ZIADABOUD, slumpi, Genexwrecker, Alisae, Player1, Barron Trump, Death., RomarioDS, Re-Qliate, RedEyesCyberHarpieLady

DONT LISTEN TO DAT RETARD DEATH.

Spare

Post #23 by Spare » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:34 am

As others have said, please at least provide a toggle button to reveal / hide opponent's hand.

TKGriffiths

Post #24 by TKGriffiths » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:38 am

The best solution is a toggle to reveal the hand, and have it hidden by default. Since having the hand hidden or revealed can both be useful in certain scenarios, but once you've seen it you can't un-see it. I can't think of a single reason why a toggle wouldn't be superior to the hand always being revealed.

If that's not possible I'd prefer the old system of the hand being hidden.

CelticsPhan

Post #25 by CelticsPhan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:05 am

I would say not by default, but I would support a toggle to show hands. To satisfy people that would rather not have hands revealed, the "show hands" feature should be off by default.

I can understand the interest in stopping potential cheating or illegal plays, or to test a play you msde by finding out whether the opponent was bluffing and so on.

I have no issue with the current replay rules, so I feel that a toggle for showing both players' hands is the best compromise.

The "no" voters can leave it turned off while "yes" voters can use the resource if they choose.

Flaming Kuriboh

Post #26 by Flaming Kuriboh » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:23 pm

As others have said, having knowledge of your opponents cards makes it impossible to review and recreate the game as it was played to see where you went wrong and to improve for the future.

Learning to anticipate your opponent’s moves is a pivotal part of being skilled at this game and having knowledge of what cards your opponent has does not help improve that skill.

Jazz

Post #27 by Jazz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:18 pm

TKGriffiths wrote:The best solution is a toggle to reveal the hand, and have it hidden by default.

Default showing is ok because you could always click the button to hide it during rock paper scissors

Jazz

Post #28 by Jazz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:20 pm

Ririka Momobami wrote:While I do get your angle, I think we could use some thoughts about newer players, who want a more casual-esque scene, and this would put their fears of cheating to rest, and help them to get better if they apply themselves, and for those reasons I support having it show.

I agree, I get that this is something casuals and maybe current format players will like. I don't want to kill the new feature just make it a toggle on/off. Hell I will use it myself too but probably not until the end of the game to check my reads

DCS CHAMPION SWEET MANGO

Post #29 by DCS CHAMPION SWEET MANGO » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:27 am

WE WIN

TAKE DAT DEATH.

XtevensChannel

Post #30 by XtevensChannel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:45 am

There's now a toggle to show/hide hands

Jazz

Post #31 by Jazz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:13 am

XtevensChannel wrote:There's now a toggle to show/hide hands

Thanks xteven. I really appreciate how quickly you implemented this :thumbsup:

Return to “Announcements”