Judge Exam

Check here for the latest news and updates
greg503

Re: Judge Exam

Post #41 by greg503 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:07 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Wek wrote:
Sound4 wrote:The Judge exam is not really the best way whether a judge or not. You should test their dueling skills. Also klubba please can you fix the board administrators they literally don't reply to anyone at all.

No one important cares about their dueling skills. :lol: There are factors to consider besides the judge exam, but that's not one of them.

To be a judge you need some kind of understanding of playing duels and in other people dueling situations.

Yes, but you also need to know the correct rulings and that is what the exam is for
Buy Floowandereeze

Wek

Post #42 by Wek » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:36 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Wek wrote:
Sound4 wrote:The Judge exam is not really the best way whether a judge or not. You should test their dueling skills. Also klubba please can you fix the board administrators they literally don't reply to anyone at all.

No one important cares about their dueling skills. :lol: There are factors to consider besides the judge exam, but that's not one of them.

To be a judge you need some kind of understanding of playing duels and in other people dueling situations.

None of the factors of how well you can play the card game are going to come into play. A lot of the non-ruling stuff would just end up being things like player management, etc. which also isn't based on your skills in playing the game of Yugioh.

Genexwrecker

Post #43 by Genexwrecker » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 am

I dont know how to actually play this game.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Sound4

Post #44 by Sound4 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:50 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:I dont know how to actually play this game.

This contradicts what you said in a previous post were you even play unrated with some people.

Genexwrecker

Post #45 by Genexwrecker » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:29 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:I dont know how to actually play this game.

This contradicts what you said in a previous post were you even play unrated with some people.

Playing sometimes doesnt mean i know how to play. Im very trash at the game

troglyte
Mood:

Post #46 by troglyte » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:01 pm

Huh, I never really though about how it takes a different skill-set to judge vs play.

Not all Judges know how to play.
And not all Duelists know how to read.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

BNinja

Post #47 by BNinja » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:21 am

Noticed that the judge exam was is 25 questions now, was it updated?
Follow-up: If this is a new exam, can people who took the old one take the new one?

greg503

Post #48 by greg503 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:33 am

BNinja wrote:Noticed that the judge exam was is 25 questions now, was it updated?
Follow-up: If this is a new exam, can people who took the old one take the new one?

Buy Floowandereeze

BNinja

Post #49 by BNinja » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:12 am

Ah, didn't see that as I didnt do anything but look up the page. Thanks for showing me.

Genexwrecker

Post #50 by Genexwrecker » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:53 am

BNinja wrote:Noticed that the judge exam was is 25 questions now, was it updated?

The new exam is not available for users to take yet. Once we release it to users everyone may take this exam once.

Christen57

Post #51 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:37 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:

The new exam is not available for users to take yet. Once we release it to users everyone may take this exam once.

Wait, so should I take the old exam now while I still have the chance since I won't be able to take it again once the new exam gets released? I haven't attempted any exams yet since I first joined this platform back in 2017. Will I not be able to take it once it gets replaced with this new one?

Also, will this current exam we can still take use the old rulings or the newest ones, such as the new rule change where Elemental HERO Absolute Zero won't activate it's effect if it's returned to the extra deck? Also will it use goat format rules, TCG rules, or OCG rules, such as not requiring players to reveal their deck even if Nobleman of Crossout says so?

Also, what happens if we choose not to be "interested in a judge position" if we pass, but then we change our minds later on and decide we do wish to be a judge? Do we have to retake the exam, and this time choose the "interested in a judge position" option?

greg503

Post #52 by greg503 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:48 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Wait, so should I take the old exam now while I still have the chance since I won't be able to take it again once the new exam gets released? I haven't attempted any exams yet since I first joined this platform back in 2017. Will I not be able to take it once it gets replaced with this new one?

Also, will this current exam we can still take use the old rulings or the newest ones, such as the new rule change where Elemental HERO Absolute Zero won't activate it's effect if it's returned to the extra deck? Also will it use goat format rules, TCG rules, or OCG rules, such as not requiring players to reveal their deck even if Nobleman of Crossout says so?

Also, what happens if we choose not to be "interested in a judge position" if we pass, but then we change our minds later on and decide we do wish to be a judge? Do we have to retake the exam, and this time choose the "interested in a judge position" option?

I think the old exam was already overwritten
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #53 by Genexwrecker » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:58 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

The old exam is already removed.

I'm not answering anything about the exams contents.

I don't know how the hiring process through the judge exam works as I was here way before that was a thing and judge because xteven brought me on when db was first starting.

savantdota

Post #54 by savantdota » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:10 pm

I took the exam and it said it wasn’t accepted because I didn’t finish it within 60 mins. Help please.

TheRoyalAu
Mood:

Post #55 by TheRoyalAu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:22 am

here's is why I prefer giving evidence to prove I'm a Judge Trainee in real life at the moment:

Judge Exam of this site's results: 0/25 at 41%

Yeah......., no, I don't think so some how. I think I answered them very well, there were no correct answers found during my observations of it.
RC-1 Approved (04/22/2021).
Official Konami Judge and DC - 1 Approved (05/17/2021).

Genexwrecker

Post #56 by Genexwrecker » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:25 am

TheRoyalAu wrote:here's is why I prefer giving evidence to prove I'm a Judge Trainee in real life at the moment:

Yeah......., no, I don't think so some how. I think I answered them very well, there were no correct answers found during my observations of it.

0/25 is how many questions you got entirely correct
41% is how many answers were correct

Christen57

Post #57 by Christen57 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:00 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
TheRoyalAu wrote:here's is why I prefer giving evidence to prove I'm a Judge Trainee in real life at the moment:

This makes no sense. If he got them all wrong, it should be 0% he got correct, not 41%.

Sound4

Post #58 by Sound4 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:43 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

This makes no sense. If he got them all wrong, it should be 0% he got correct, not 41%.

I don't know why they do this.

Wek

Post #59 by Wek » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:40 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Partial credit. Only way I can think of that allows 0 correct answers to give a nonzero percentage is if you can get a percentage even if you don't get the full question right. The exam front page says "For each question, you will select all options that apply". That implies there should be more than 1 option per question. If you hit an answer that applied, but didn't get them all, you score worse than someone who got all of the answers that applied but better than someone who didn't get any answers that applied. So if someone got a 0/25, that means they never got all of the answers that applied to any single question. If they got a 41%, they got at least some of the options to some of the questions, presumably averaging to 41% accuracy, hence the score. Based on RoyalAu's statement of 0/25 and 41%, the exam tells you both pieces of information. Based on the front page, it only cares about your percentage, since a passing score is 85%, with no clarification on how many questions must be totally right. If they do care about how many out of 25 have to be completely correct, it's not mentioned on the front page.

Genexwrecker

Post #60 by Genexwrecker » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:52 pm

% is what matters

Return to “Announcements”