tournament but with edited Farfa Rules

You can create your own tournaments here
JadedDrifter

tournament but with edited Farfa Rules

Post #1 by JadedDrifter » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:16 am

Hi, I'm interested in playing a version of yugioh rules Farfa suggested in his latest video on youtube and if anyone else is interested, we can see how much the game is changed due to these ruling changes but note, I will write down all the rulings and have some little edits to help with balancing and also help not break certain archetypes.

1. Normal Summoning is once per Main Phase (1 for turn 1 player, and 2 for turn 2 but second normal summon is in Main Phase 2)

2. Setting a Flip Monster isn't considered a Normal Summon and instead its treated as a set card (meaning you can set as many flip monsters but a monster but a monster without Flip is considered a normal summon), then flip summon is just its own thing (so it isn't effected by effects that trigger on normal or special summon) (Note: A card must say Summoned for its effect to work if flip summoned unless said otherwise/ if its considered a Flip Monster, it just activates)

3. Flip Monster's can be flipped on your opponents turn, but effects are not triggered unless flipped by an opponent. (side note: Flip monsters are flipped if their card is targeted by effect) (also note, self flip effect target doesn't trigger flip effects)

4. Pendulum Monsters don't need link arrows to multi summon from the extra deck, but they can't summon to the extra monster zone

5. All cards effect "chose" are now target effect, no chose on resolution and target protection is safe from DPE (Note: Effects that target to negate can get past target protection) (cards like goki pole still target on resolution due to it being an additional effect meaning labyrinth stays the same)

6. Link monsters can't be summoned with monsters of the same link level unless stated otherwise, but cards like evil twins are exempted (add text to say link 2 evil twins can be used for a link 2 evil twin of a different name) (i.e Salamangreats)

7. Gemini monsters are always treated as normal monsters Full stop.

8. "When" effects don't miss timing

If your interested in this idea, just private message me on this forum or discuss in the comments

Return to “Unofficial Tournaments”