$20 PRIZE TOURNAMENT - NO BANLIST!!! JOIN IN - "GREAtest ToURNamENT EVER"

You can create your own tournaments here
IAMAGODX

$20 PRIZE TOURNAMENT - NO BANLIST!!! JOIN IN - "GREAtest ToURNamENT EVER"

Post #1 by IAMAGODX » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:01 pm

The Divine Palace - Games - THE Yu-Gi-Oh I - "tHE gReatest TournAMent Ever"

$20 PRIZE FOR THE WINNER! NO BANLIST!!

The TRUE GRAND OPENING OF THE DIVINE PALACE! WE HOLD A COMPETITIVE GAMES TOURNAMENT - THE YUGIOH I - THIS WILL INDEED BE THE GREATEST TOURNAMENT EVER!!! HAVE FUN!! HAHAHAHAHA

Rules:
-Match Duels, 8000 LP
-NO BANLIST
-TCG Cards Only
-SWISS THEN TOP 4
-24 hrs per round (most inactive player receives a match loss)
-Disconnect = Game Loss (unless the player who disconnected had an obvious victory)
-Platform: Dueling Book (or other platform BOTH players agree on (must be able to save replays))
- NO DECK SWITCHING

Tournament will begin once a minimum of 30 duelists enter ideally by Friday 12th march 2021.

Join in here : https://discord.gg/JSuQawqf

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:31 pm

Tournaments should require a minimum number of players equal to a power of 2, not simply "30" players. That way, players can get eliminated by halves until there is 1 player left.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #3 by Darkraiclone » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:46 pm

IAMAGODX wrote:-NO BANLIST

I can see this ending beautifully.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:49 am

An RPS tourney, you mean?
Buy Floowandereeze

Wek

Post #5 by Wek » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:48 am

greg503 wrote:An RPS tourney, you mean?

Nah, too many players still think FTKs like Exodia are even playable. And they can't even build them properly, at that. So there would likely be a lot of easy wins as bad FTK decks get stomped on, and other easy wins from opposing blunders that throw the game. I wonder what decks would be top tier? In a lot of eras of unlimited FTKs have frankly been garbage, auto-losing every time you go second does that to many decks. But maybe something will emerge with resilience to actual disruption, and of course they'd need to be able to handle hand traps going first. Curious how decks would make their calls under such an insane cardpool.

IAMAGODX

Post #6 by IAMAGODX » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:51 pm

ThIs is the first time something like this is being done as far as i know!

this will be "the greatest tournament eVeR"

WHo Is tHE GrEAteST dUelIst?

Be TherE Or Be SquARe

The DivIne PalACE-

mitio-ochite o_o

Post #7 by mitio-ochite o_o » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:22 am

Wek wrote:
greg503 wrote:An RPS tourney, you mean?

Nah, too many players still think FTKs like Exodia are even playable. And they can't even build them properly, at that. So there would likely be a lot of easy wins as bad FTK decks get stomped on, and other easy wins from opposing blunders that throw the game. I wonder what decks would be top tier? In a lot of eras of unlimited FTKs have frankly been garbage, auto-losing every time you go second does that to many decks. But maybe something will emerge with resilience to actual disruption, and of course they'd need to be able to handle hand traps going first. Curious how decks would make their calls under such an insane cardpool.

only 1 way to find out

KTeknis

Post #8 by KTeknis » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:36 am

Christen57 wrote:Tournaments should require a minimum number of players equal to a power of 2, not simply "30" players. That way, players can get eliminated by halves until there is 1 player left.

As he said before, the tournament format is Swiss then top 4 (You mean top 4 single elimination?), in which each player play a set amount of games, then is ranked by their perfomance in the tournament. The player are matchmaked only with people of the same/closest rank. Idk if he goes by Dutch-style (group rank) or Monrad-style, but I think this would allow a 30-player tournament.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Return to “Unofficial Tournaments”