2007 Tournament

You can create your own tournaments here
CrystalMusic
Mood:

2007 Tournament

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:15 am

- When? Now until February 21 Sunday 2021 11:59 Central Time (a little more than 3 days)

- Format/Ban/Limited List will be 9/1/07. You can find the ban/limited list for this particular format here: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/September_2007_Lists_(TCG)
- Rules:
1: Only cards released from 2002 to 2007 North American TCG Release are allowed. All Card release dates MUST be checked via https://yugioh.fandom.com before joining. for example: Field Barrier was released in North America on 5/16/2007 as part of the Force of the Breaker set - as shown on https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Field_Barrier and is therefore legal in this tournament. But lets say you bring Mystic Mine which was released: 5/2/19 as part of the Dark Neostorm Set - as shown on: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Mystic_Mine - this makes Mystic Mine forbidden in this tournament and will result in an automatic disqualification and also result in you not being able to partake in any future duels in this tournament (you can still watch duels however)
2: im also forbidding 2 cards in all duel in this tournament despite they were legal in 9/1/07: Mystical Space Typhoon and Dust Tornado
3: all duels will be in advanced unrated with watching enabled and classic enabled.
4: no using your opponents cards what-so-ever
5: no mill, discard or banishing opponents cards
6: no burn (this includes pierce damage and direct attack effects)
7: All replays must be posted here. This way we can keep track of wins/losses and who proceeds and who doesn't

Failure to follow these rules will result in an automatic disqualification and you will be kicked from the tournament (you can still watch the duels however)

Extras:
- If you are currently blocked by me i will TEMPERARILY unblock you solely for this tournament HOWEVER if you start trolling me in any way you will be automatically re-blocked and forbidden to join the tournament.
- by replying to this post i will assume you took interest in this tournament and automatically enroll you. Once enrolled you cannot back out unless you are forbidden to join the tournament.
- Prize? none! This is Just for oldschool fun!
- I will edit this post with the names of those who have enrolled
- tournament rules are subject to change without notice

Current Participants:
- Me (CrystalMusic)
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:24 am

CrystalMusic wrote:2: im also forbidding 2 cards in all duel in this tournament despite they were legal in 9/1/07: Mystical Space Typhoon and Dust Tornado

Then it isn't 2007 format is it, can't even make a tournament of a real format smh
https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14097
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:39 am

greg503 wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:2: im also forbidding 2 cards in all duel in this tournament despite they were legal in 9/1/07: Mystical Space Typhoon and Dust Tornado

Then it isn't 2007 format is it, can't even make a tournament of a real format smh
https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14097

if you dont like that im forbidding those 2 cards then ur free to go find another tournament to join.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #4 by Debt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:51 am

No mst

Have fun with your monarchs tournament

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:04 am

Debt wrote:No mst

Have fun with your monarchs tournament

If thats the case ill forbid them too. i hate when ppl use others cards against them. use ur own not your opponents.

Debt

Post #6 by Debt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:10 am

Doesn't stop monarchs. Stormforth was a later addition. Have fun with only monarchs.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:14 am

Debt wrote:Doesn't stop monarchs. Stormforth was a later addition. Have fun with only monarchs.

u shouldnt have mentioned them. as my post says the rules are subject to change without notice so now they too are forbidden. next time keep quiet instead of not retaining control of that whole brain-mouth thing!

Debt

Post #8 by Debt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:16 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
u shouldnt have mentioned them. as my post says the rules are subject to change without notice so now they too are forbidden. next time keep quiet instead of not retaining control of that whole brain-mouth thing!

Enjoy stall burn only

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #9 by Lil Oldman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:19 am

And such I nice thread had to burn down in flames. . .
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Rocket2

Post #10 by Rocket2 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:37 am

The usual thread being up in flame by none other than the crybaby himself. And here I thought the only cards banned were MST & Dust Tornado.

Just copy paste your rules. Its not difference from your usual bullshits since they are subject to change on a whim, and run by a fucking tyrant. Will probably cheats all the way to the top. :roll:

Debt

Post #11 by Debt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:07 am

It's almost like he doesn't understand when you ban something people just go to the next item on the list.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #12 by Darkraiclone » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:16 am

CrystalMusic wrote:- If you are currently blocked by me i will TEMPERARILY unblock you solely for this tournament HOWEVER if you start trolling me in any way you will be automatically re-blocked and forbidden to join the tournament.

And they'll be re-blocked if they start beating you, don't forget that little detail buddy.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

DuskWill

Post #13 by DuskWill » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:05 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:- Format/Ban/Limited List will be 9/1/07.

CrystalMusic wrote:3: all duels will be in advanced unrated with watching enabled and classic enabled.

How would that even work? There are many cards that are now forbidden but were at least limited back then, such as Dandylion and Premature Burial. Also, period tournaments like this raises some issues if not explained beforehand: Would all cards be pre-errata? Would priority rules and all the rest of Master Rules 1 apply?

CrystalMusic wrote:1: Only cards released from 2002 to 2007 North American TCG Release are allowed. All Card release dates MUST be checked via https://yugioh.fandom.com before joining. for example: Field Barrier was released in North America on 5/16/2007 as part of the Force of the Breaker set - as shown on https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Field_Barrier and is therefore legal in this tournament.

This is also a major concern. From what I've seen in many discussions in this forum, you'd be only considering their exclusive NA release, despite the availability of a worldwide print often released earlier. That would mean cards like Winged Kuriboh, Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight, Harpie Lady 1, Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus, Vorse Raider, Destiny HERO - Malicious, Elemental HERO Necroshade, Elemental HERO Darkbright, and Armed Dragon LV10, just to name a few, would be unusable in this tournament.

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:Doesn't stop monarchs. Stormforth was a later addition. Have fun with only monarchs.

CrystalMusic wrote:4: no using your opponents cards what-so-ever
5: no mill, discard or banishing opponents cards

CrystalMusic wrote:- Prize? none! This is Just for oldschool fun!

Imposing that lack of interactivity with the opponent's cards at such level is incredibly unappealing for most players and it's just the perfect scenario for stall, burn, deckout and Exodia decks to thrive. I don't know if that's what you're aiming, but you should keep in mind what's more likely to happen.

In the end, this whole setup for a period tournament feels more like an attempt to achieve some personal goal instead of having fun just by reliving that era. Perhaps it would have been a better alternative if it was oriented towards the members of that Discord group you created, since the idea here doesn't stem far from your style and preferences. Also, while the forum is quite enough to organise and handle tournaments, using Discord servers for synchronisation and speeding up duels by replacing typing with voice chat when possible are usually good alternatives. Maybe you would be interested in implementing that.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Debt

Post #14 by Debt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:16 pm

DuskWill wrote:How would that even work? There are many cards that are now forbidden but were at least limited back then, such as Dandylion and Premature Burial. Also, period tournaments like this raises some issues if not explained beforehand: Would all cards be pre-errata? Would priority rules and all the rest of Master Rules 1 apply?

That's the point, he wants to layer 2 banlists on top of each other so that heavy storm, trunade, feather duster aren't in and added mst and dust tornado so that the only reliable s/t removal option is Breaker at 1.

DuskWill wrote:This is also a major concern. From what I've seen in many discussions in this forum, you'd be only considering their exclusive NA release, despite the availability of a worldwide print often released earlier. That would mean cards like Winged Kuriboh, Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight, Harpie Lady 1, Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus, Vorse Raider, Destiny HERO - Malicious, Elemental HERO Necroshade, Elemental HERO Darkbright, and Armed Dragon LV10, just to name a few, would be unusable in this tournament.

Crystal doesn't care because he won't use any of those.

DuskWill wrote:Imposing that lack of interactivity with the opponent's cards at such level is incredibly unappealing for most players and it's just the perfect scenario for stall, burn, deckout and Exodia decks to thrive. I don't know if that's what you're aiming, but you should keep in mind what's more likely to happen.

He hates interactivity.

DuskWill wrote:In the end, this whole setup for a period tournament feels more like an attempt to achieve some personal goal instead of having fun just by reliving that era.

Which is the point. His choice of sept 2007 is purely based on what's banned and not available not because he genuinely enjoys the format. No one actually cares about the 80% monarch format. It's not memorable like airblade turbo the year before or glad beasts that followed it.

underworld king styx

Post #15 by underworld king styx » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:08 am

Everyday I say, "He's got to be just trolling." Then I see shit like this. I am a firm believer that he is just fucking retarded. And sooner or later he'll video record the wrong kid or preschool playground and it won't end well.
I call out your name even in death! As King I command you to rise! Let your rotten scream command an army of the dead! Syncro Summon! Never dying potential! Ascend death, Red-Eyes Zombie Necro Dragon!

Return to “Unofficial Tournaments”