Hiring Official Tournament Organizers

You can join official duelingbook tournaments here
Lost in Illusions

Hiring Official Tournament Organizers

Post #1 by Lost in Illusions » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 pm

Hello duelists,

We are hiring 1-2 Tournament Organizers to help us out in pushing activity and performance in the current tournament scene. Here is all you would want to know about the job of a Tournament Organizer.

Now what you have to do to apply is post your application in this thread OR PM it to me anywhere, my discord is Lost in Illusions#9374.

What you should include in your application:

1. Why do you want to be a Tournament Organizer?
2. How much experience do you have in hosting tournaments?
3. How much time can you put in this job?
4. What makes you better than other applicants? Why should we pick you over others?
5. Link or bracket of some of the tournaments you've hosted.
6. Why should we trust you with our donation codes/information?
7. What new ideas can you bring for new kind of tournaments?

To Apply you must have the following qualities:

1. Good knowledge of DB rules and KDE policy
2. You must NOT be banned/frozen in your DB/DBF account currently.
3. Must be active on both DB and Discord.

How will the hiring process work? well its simple, we'll interview some of you and hire the ones which we think are the best!

Lost in Illusions

Post #2 by Lost in Illusions » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Reopened hiring wave, we're looking for 1-2 TO's.

the flaming storm

Post #3 by the flaming storm » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:15 pm

1 i enjoy hosting tournaments and help people in them
2 i host daily since months so i think i have enough
3 im on 10+ hours daily so i can give alot of my time
4 because im experienced and know how to work
5 my username on challonge is diegoblu
6 i dont care about donation codes and i dont like to leak private informations
7 i think i can work on that in future.
Last edited by the flaming storm on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vulbahrah

Post #4 by Vulbahrah » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:04 pm

1. Get closer to Reqliate so I can kill him and avenage Centurians when he inevitably loses.
2. Host for multiple teams (e.g. Khan, Cloud, Chaos Zone) and have hosted 32-man tourney on DN.
3. A lot (on all days)
4. Experience. Confident. Sexiness. + I like TayTay (Go girl!)
5. https://challonge.com/cqhkywp3 https://challonge.com/g7whsmna https://challonge.com/hra8g924
6. I'm trusty - proof I've managed dono before, also ask Reqliate (I could've exp0sed him).
7. I'll let you know when I get in.

SpectreDiscord

Post #5 by SpectreDiscord » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:23 pm

1. Why do you want to be a Tournament Organizer? -- I wish to be a Tournament Organizer because I love hosting and I wish to gain the touch back as I haven't hosted in a while.
2. How much experience do you have in hosting tournaments? -- DuelingNetworkForum Tournament Organizer.
3. How much time can you put in this job? How many hours it takes a tournament to be properly hosted.
4. What makes you better than other applicants? Why should we pick you over others? Experience.
5. Link or bracket of some of the tournaments you've hosted. Lost my challonge account/DNF is locked.
6. Why should we trust you with our donation codes/information? Because I trust you.
7. What new ideas can you bring for new kind of tournaments? Locked/Old formats and much more.
Thousand Miles Away

Prae Yoshiru

Post #6 by Prae Yoshiru » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:42 pm

1. Why do you want to be a Tournament Organizer?

I have experience in owning a tournament scene and running tournaments so I believe my experience and knowledge is huge and can be of use.

2. How much experience do you have in hosting tournaments?

Like alot.

3. How much time can you put in this job?

I have a fixed schedule considering I work and attent school, but most of my free time would be used on this project.

4. What makes you better than other applicants? Why should we pick you over others?

I have money.Jokes aside probably just my experience and will to improve the tournament scene.

5. Link or bracket of some of the tournaments you've hosted.

Uuhh every Cloud Tournaments Tourney and every Khan Tournaments turney was payed and co-ran by me, and I hosted a few Ozone lives last year.

6. Why should we trust you with our donation codes/information?

No need to I have my own, also I already was a host in the main tournament organizes organization.

7. What new ideas can you bring for new kind of tournaments?

Well I do not believe this is the post to post my ideas now is it?
Ivan Cuk (FCG/WaF/S7)

Top 32 LCS #3
Top 16 LCS #8
Top 4 3V3 LCS #13, Team Simulator
2nd place LCL #1

ChainUser

Post #7 by ChainUser » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:46 pm

1.I enjoy hosting tournaments,watching the games,helping the participants and giving them prices.
2.I have a lot of experience,I'm a member of Ozone and I try hosting a tournament every week so I've hosted a lot.
3.I spend most of my free time on DB and I have a lot of free time so I can put in as much time as you want.
4.I know much about the game,so If there's a ruling situation most of the time I can solve it.As I said I have a lot of free time probably more than the other applicants since I currently don't go to school and don't work,so I can treat this like a real job.I'm trustworthy,responsible and serious about the things I do.Also,as I said I have a lot of experience and I've never done anything wrong at Ozone tournaments.
5.https://challonge.com/2mxci5uw This is the last tournament I've hosted
6.As I said I'm trustworthy and I've never done anything wrong in all the tournaments I've hosted,I've always handled the codes with responsibility and I've never given out information that I have been trusted with.
7.I was thinking of making a Youtube account for the tournaments with recorded feature matches,I have other ideas too that I can tell you at my Interview.

TheGrimster

Post #8 by TheGrimster » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:30 am

1.To help my own discord servers and better the DB community. Also i enjoy Yu-Gi-Oh! very much and have 15 years worth of experience. I also enjoy helping people. If you're not happy by the end of your experience, I'll be sure to make your happy. I'm nicest person you'll ever meet.
2. I have a lot of experience. I host tournaments for my own servers and have hosted numerous others when DN was around and have even hosted IRL tournaments.
3. I have work in the evenings, but i spend most of my freetime on here and can spare 3 hours on weekdays and 12 hours on weekends.
4. When I make a commitment, I stick to it and get it done. I am very easy to get along with. I have a good sense of patience. Also, I want nothing more than to help improve the tournament scene here on DB.
5. https://challonge.com/100Celebration https://challonge.com/KCDA1 https://challonge.com/KCDBLive1
6. I have a good sense of security, pride, honor, commitment, and am very trustworthy. All my friends and family would trust me with their lives. I have handled donation codes before with my own tournaments without any issues.
7. I can bring themed tournaments ( i.e. link based, xyz based, etc.). Also, I can bring new kinds of tournaments (i.e. Set tournaments which is when players build a deck using cards from only 1 set and do rounds of Swiss, OCG Structure Deck tournaments, etc.) Also,I was thinking of setting up a Dueling Book Deck Profile Youtube channel to help people build stronger decks and discuss the meta. I can tell your more ideas I have at my interview.

Return to “Official Tournaments”