I dont id as a male or female so please change that

the end..i think

I dont id as a male or female so please change that

Post #1 by the end..i think » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:12 pm

hey xteven or mods, why are the only gender options female or male? I ID as an "it" and not a "male" or "female". Can you change that? Thanks!

the end..i think

Post #2 by the end..i think » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:13 pm

hey xteven or mods, why are the only gender options female or male? I ID as an "it" and not a "male" or "female". Can you change that? Thanks!
I need to type more for this so uhh here you go i guess. Still need to type more i assume... Not sure what to type but you already know my requets.

Genexwrecker

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:35 pm

Because those are the only genders. Even people rarely born with certain parts are still one or the other. I honestly do not care what you want to personally if as that is your business and I respect what you want to do with your life. That does not mean we need to conform to everyone’s wants or wishes. There are people who identify as deer and that I can garuntee will not be a gender option.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Shugunou

Post #4 by Shugunou » Sun May 29, 2022 6:21 am

Why can't you just do what every site does? Male, Female, and Other? Even if we consider sex and gender to be the same, we still have intersex and people born without genitals. Those people don't fit the definitions for male or female in terms of sex. So, it still isn't a good idea to only have male and female.

ominous

Post #5 by ominous » Sun May 29, 2022 6:58 am

the end..i think wrote:hey xteven or mods, why are the only gender options female or male? I ID as an "it" and not a "male" or "female". Can you change that? Thanks!

1). why is this posted to "ask me anything"
2). you dont have to pick "male" or "female" you could just leave it blank.
https://imgur.com/2bDLdlG
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Sun May 29, 2022 3:00 pm

Shugunou wrote:Why can't you just do what every site does? Male, Female, and Other? Even if we consider sex and gender to be the same, we still have intersex and people born without genitals. Those people don't fit the definitions for male or female in terms of sex. So, it still isn't a good idea to only have male and female.

Because we are not woke like those websites and follow the laws of nature. Also people born with both or neither genitals are still able to meet the requirements of male or female.

ominous

Post #7 by ominous » Mon May 30, 2022 2:48 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
Shugunou wrote:Why can't you just do what every site does? Male, Female, and Other? Even if we consider sex and gender to be the same, we still have intersex and people born without genitals. Those people don't fit the definitions for male or female in terms of sex. So, it still isn't a good idea to only have male and female.

Because we are not woke like those websites and follow the laws of nature. Also people born with both or neither genitals are still able to meet the requirements of male or female.

or leave it blank... and put whatever they want in their profile notes....
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Christen57

Post #8 by Christen57 » Mon May 30, 2022 2:33 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:

I read an article saying you're considered female if you have 2 X chromosomes but male if you have at least 1 Y chromosomes, and if you happen to be one of those rare people born with an additional Y chromosome you're still male since you still have at least 1 Y chromosome. Is this correct?

Genexwrecker

Post #9 by Genexwrecker » Mon May 30, 2022 3:05 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

I read an article saying you're considered female if you have 2 X chromosomes but male if you have at least 1 Y chromosomes, and if you happen to be one of those rare people born with an additional Y chromosome you're still male since you still have at least 1 Y chromosome. Is this correct?

yes you boil down to a male with a birth defect.

Genexwrecker

Post #10 by Genexwrecker » Mon May 30, 2022 5:20 pm

ominous wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

or leave it blank... and put whatever they want in their profile notes....

Even if they do that im not going to force users to follow their “pronouns” or made up gender identity. Nor will we penalize users for referring to somebody as him or her.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #11 by Lil Oldman » Mon May 30, 2022 7:20 pm

From what I've gathered from this thread
Deserves rights:
Furries
Doesn't deserve rights:
Lgbtq+
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #12 by greg503 » Mon May 30, 2022 7:26 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:From what I've gathered from this thread
Deserves rights:
Furries
Doesn't deserve rights:
Lgbtq+

This is an anonymized platform people will do what they want unless it breaks the rules, then the moderators will punish them. Misgendering someone who you have no real way of determining what they want to be called except what they say (which isn't a binding contract to use a specific term), isn't as big of a deal as it would be if you were there, or using voice chat
Buy Floowandereeze

PENMASTER

Post #13 by PENMASTER » Mon May 30, 2022 7:42 pm

being called whatever you want will never be a right and neither will living in someone else's delusion. also human rights don't exist kekw
love2hate

Genexwrecker

Post #14 by Genexwrecker » Mon May 30, 2022 8:00 pm

greg503 wrote:
Deserves rights:
Furries
Doesn't deserve rights:
Lgbtq+

This is an anonymized platform people will do what they want unless it breaks the rules, then the moderators will punish them. Misgendering someone who you have no real way of determining what they want to be called except what they say (which isn't a binding contract to use a specific term), isn't as big of a deal as it would be if you were there, or using voice chat

There are 2 ways to missgender somebody you meet a guy and he looks very feminine and you call them a female by mistake. You apologize and correct it to male. You meet a female that looks very masculine and call them a male. You apologize and fix it to female. This is the only possible case of missgendering. If somebody calls you a male and you say you are not then ur a female. Once they apologize and refer to you as a female and you say you are not female then you are just on drugs or in your own world and not one with reality.

There are 2 genders. Your opinions and emotions do not matter that is just the course of nature. Some of us have gender dysphoria syndrome but even we are one or the other still. This is not the 5 year old playground where you get to choose wether you are a butterfly or a zebra this is the real world.
Last edited by Genexwrecker on Mon May 30, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Genexwrecker

Post #15 by Genexwrecker » Mon May 30, 2022 8:03 pm

Deserves rights:
Furries
Doesn't deserve rights:
Lgbtq+

Btw the entitled lgbtq community is not discriminated against. The only rights they dont have in america is to marry whoever they want and get the same treatment legal wise as a married male and female. Change those laws and you have perfect equality.

Renji Asuka

Post #16 by Renji Asuka » Mon May 30, 2022 10:46 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Deserves rights:
Furries
Doesn't deserve rights:
Lgbtq+

Btw the entitled lgbtq community is not discriminated against. The only rights they dont have in america is to marry whoever they want and get the same treatment legal wise as a married male and female. Change those laws and you have perfect equality.

As of 2015 same-sex marriage is now federally legal in all 50 states due to a ruling from the Supreme Court.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_ ... me%20Court.

If wikipedia isn't acceptable then you have

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... -marriages

Just wanted to let you know.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #17 by Genexwrecker » Tue May 31, 2022 12:21 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Deserves rights:
Furries
Doesn't deserve rights:
Lgbtq+

As of 2015 same-sex marriage is now federally legal in all 50 states due to a ruling from the Supreme Court.

yes same sex marriage is legal....however that does not mean that it is the same as other marriages. a few states have loopholes and other things they use to not give you the same advantages along with some hospitals. Also it is on the federal level states while require to follow it sometimes do not do so. These things are on the border of legal not a well established federal law that has been upheld for decades. A same sex marriage is still not going to be treated the same as a heterosexual marriage.

but yea gay couples and lgbtq really are not discriminated against as they so claim. and when it does happen its usually 1 entity doing something to them and not an organized movement to get rid of them.

Renji Asuka

Post #18 by Renji Asuka » Tue May 31, 2022 12:38 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Btw the entitled lgbtq community is not discriminated against. The only rights they dont have in america is to marry whoever they want and get the same treatment legal wise as a married male and female. Change those laws and you have perfect equality.

it is on the federal level states while require to follow it sometimes do not do so.

I like how this statement right here also applies to the 2nd Amendment, yet States ignore the constitution and push out arms control laws that violate the 2nd Amendment.

But that's a whole different set of topics that isn't really appropriate for duelingbook.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #19 by Genexwrecker » Tue May 31, 2022 1:38 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:As of 2015 same-sex marriage is now federally legal in all 50 states due to a ruling from the Supreme Court.

it is on the federal level states while require to follow it sometimes do not do so.

I like how this statement right here also applies to the 2nd Amendment, yet States ignore the constitution and push out arms control laws that violate the 2nd Amendment.

But that's a whole different set of topics that isn't really appropriate for duelingbook.
indeed

Excellion

Post #20 by Excellion » Tue May 31, 2022 5:15 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Deserves rights:
Furries
Doesn't deserve rights:
Lgbtq+

except, you know, all the hate crimes?

Return to “Ask Me Anything”