Pro Players.

Dark Panther
Mood:

Pro Players.

Post #1 by Dark Panther » Mon May 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Hello, everyone!

My question is pretty simple and straight-forward.

How can I become a pro player? Is it merely a matter of practice?

Thank you and I wish you an excellent rest of your day!

Wek

Post #2 by Wek » Mon May 18, 2020 3:29 pm

If you want to be a good player, you need to study what decks are good, understand the rules of the game, and yes, practice constructing and playing your deck. Learn how to sideboard in various match-ups and over the course of time, metas. You need to know what is important in any given format, is it the meta-defined techs you insert, do you need to get your plays down faster and more efficiently, learn how to handle disruption? Etc. You need to accept you will lose games and you need to make choices as to what games you want to focus winning. Is deck c really that important or can you afford to drop more games to it to focus on the decks a and b that see way more play? Or can you set up your deck's engine to take them all on? That all depends on how you evaluate your metagame. You will brick and lose no matter what you do a percentage of the time, accept those losses and move on. You will try to minimize that, but remember that you aren't invincible and don't quit when going through a bad streak. Sometimes it will be because you are making poor choices, work to make better ones. Sometimes it will be because you are just due to lose to the better hands, keep playing, eventually things turn around.

Renji Asuka

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Tue May 19, 2020 2:32 am

First, there is no such thing as "pro player" in yugioh, no one actually gets paid for it.

However, if you want to be good, play every meta deck and common rogue decks, so you understand how they work, this will help you with deck building and siding when you find the weaknesses to those decks as well as knowing when to interrupt your opponent.

Next, play a deck you enjoy. You never want to play a deck you absolutely loath to play. Learn your deck everything about it. Don't be afraid to try new things with it.

Then it just goes down to practice a lot. And learn from your losses.

Sometimes you will lose simply because you played a card in the wrong order even if your standard combos are played in the right order to make a field. Sometimes, your deck is going to be predictable. Sometimes people are always going to know what you have even if they haven't seen your hand. (I played against Tellarknights a lot back in the year they won worlds) I knew every play they could make and every hand they would have. That is how much you need to not only know your deck, but also your opponents.

And learn from your losses.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Return to “Ask Me Anything”