Suspicious disconnection

Xilenced
Mood:

Suspicious disconnection

Post #1 by Xilenced » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Alright so I just got dced from a match, and for no apparent reason. No one else disconnected, and my internet is working more than fine and I am able to access other programs. A few games later, I get the same dude and it disconnects again. So that got me to thinking, because I was clearly going to win each time before the dc, is it possible to get disconnected due to the other player doing something suspicious? And is there anyway to prove it, would that be grounds to send it in for investigation? Like if other players consistently dc against him that sounds very sus.
Last edited by Xilenced on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

xDEADCENTREx

Post #2 by xDEADCENTREx » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Xilenced wrote:Alright so I just got dced from a match, and for no apparent reason. No one else disconnected, and my internet is working more than fine and I am able to access other programs. A few games later, I get the same dude and it disconnects again. So that got me to thinking, because I was clearly going to win each time before the dc, is it possible to get disconnected due to the other player doing something suspicious? And is there anyway to prove it, would that be grounds to send it in for investigation? Like if other players consistently dc against him that sounds very sus.

1) I do not believe it is possible, as there should be no way for a user to be able to get ahold of the information required to disconnect you from the site.

2) If it is the same user, you might want to send a Report for Abuse to investigate. If the report finds nothing, you will not be penalized on DB or DBF, so it's worth considering.

3) If other players DC against them as well, and it becomes a frequent issue, I would advise to get a class act together, in short what I mean by this is to get all the affected users to rally together, and submit Abuse Reports, with as much information about the duel and events leading up to the Disconnect

4) Information as to plays and common things done against the DCs "could" cause errors as well, so be sure to check that potential outcome to see if the same issue occurred because of a sequence of actions performed on the Platform.

I wish you luck with your issue

Return to “Ask Me Anything”