Duelingbook API

ulyssos

Duelingbook API

Post #1 by ulyssos » Tue May 24, 2022 2:32 pm

Heya :)
Is there an API that can be called to get various pieces of information in the fashion ygoscope.com does?
I've seen that api.duelingbook.com but it doesn't have any documentation about the GET method.
I'd be glad if you could provide me any information on this topic.
Best regards,

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Tue May 24, 2022 3:04 pm

ulyssos wrote:Heya :)
Is there an API that can be called to get various pieces of information in the fashion ygoscope.com does?
I've seen that api.duelingbook.com but it doesn't have any documentation about the GET method.
I'd be glad if you could provide me any information on this topic.
Best regards,

Ygoscope is not condoned by DB, that's why they are adding anti bot measures to replays
Buy Floowandereeze

ulyssos

Post #3 by ulyssos » Wed May 25, 2022 8:08 am

it's a shame: I think that it's very helpful for players to see those kind of statistics

ucpjh92

Post #4 by ucpjh92 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:16 pm

Your view of not wanting to add an API + adding anti-scraping measures is harmful.

You want less educated players? People use this to make better decisions. You're on the wrong side.

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:57 pm

ucpjh92 wrote:Your view of not wanting to add an API + adding anti-scraping measures is harmful.

You want less educated players? People use this to make better decisions. You're on the wrong side.

It isnt harmful what is harmful is being able to ygoscope a Radom person and get their exact deck contents for an absurd advantage
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

ShepDogFGC

Post #6 by ShepDogFGC » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:10 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
ucpjh92 wrote:Your view of not wanting to add an API + adding anti-scraping measures is harmful.

It isnt harmful what is harmful is being able to ygoscope a Radom person and get their exact deck contents for an absurd advantage

Correct me if I'm wrong, but YGOscope only allows users to see what decks are being played in ranked and the relevant stats associated with that; there's no player data attached to this at all.

Also, if you were to create an DB API that allows third parties to get this information, you would be able to control what information your API actually sends out, so this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

ominous

Post #7 by ominous » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:22 pm

If that's true you can just use the ygoscope info for other platforms, why do you specifically need the info on DB? Unless you intend to use it to snipe opponents by getting deck knowledge, which is an unfair advantage.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Return to “Ask Me Anything”